What's your social credit score?

1,567 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by C@LAg
inconvenient truth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CMs laughed and said it would never happen here yet here we are.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/03/29/did-you-know-that-you-have-an-esg-score-and-it-can-be-used-against-you-n3785574
GeorgiAg
AG
inconvenient truth said:

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/03/29/did-you-know-that-you-have-an-esg-score-and-it-can-be-used-against-you-n3785574
Rule #1 of social credit score is you can't talk about social credit score.
C@LAg
that makes me wonder....

has anyone ever asked if Texags sells data to third parties?

i am talking about demographic data, not selling access to potential advertisers/customers.

I would not be shocked since pretty much everyone does, but would be interesting to know.
CDUB98
AG
-eleventy-billion
45-70Ag
AG
Wouldn't texags need to notify people it sells our data?
AgNav93
AG
They can't win the battle of ideas so they have to force it.
Rapier108
That's why when you buy a gun, pay cash. Better yet, buy from a private seller, legally of course.

That way there is no credit card record or a bank receipt from a check.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
C@LAg
45-70Ag said:

i am not sure that is REQUIRED.....

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/state-of-privacy-laws-in-us/

• In most states, companies can use, share, or sell any data they collect about you without notifying you that they're doing so.
  • No national law standardizes when (or if) a company must notify you if your data is breached or exposed to unauthorized parties.
  • If a company shares your data, including sensitive information such as your health or location, with third parties (like data brokers), those third parties can further sell it or share it without notifying you.
45-70Ag
AG
Well, with that being the case…….no doubt Texags sells data.
C@LAg
45-70Ag said:

Well, with that being the case…….no doubt Texags sells data.
at best, they are likely just selling aggregate, scrubbed data

but for subscribers they DO have more information - phone numbers payment info, etc, that can be used to link to larger aggregate data collections stores out there.

plus your texags profile might allow them to link to info A&M sells, tying it more to your real life details.
one safe place
My social credit score? If it needs to be high, my only chance is that they grade on a curve.
ATM9000
AG
45-70Ag said:

If you are doing anything on the internet and not paying for it, including reading the news or posting on Texags… then you are the product.

Anyhow, the name of that site being called HotAir is right. Jesus that article or blog or whatever was awful. Poorly written, formatting a disaster with embedded quotes and Tweets with subarticles in them.
Tex117
AG
inconvenient truth said:

So, private companies doing this is to be blamed on CMs?

I don't like what is going on, but your post is stupid.
TheBonifaceOption
I wonder if visiting TAs is a negative for the social credit score.

I wonder if being banned from TAs increases your score or lowers it.

Flavius Agximus
AG
There is already an insurance credit score that is used to decide whether you are insurable and what your rate should be, and it includes your actual credit report and score as well as information about your driving habits. The latter is collected not only from state records for driving infractions and insurance claims records, but more Orwellian through your actual driving practices gathered from electronic systems in your car that in some cases are monitored through the internet.

A company called LexisNexis (used to be electronic legal research even before the internet) aggregates and sells this data. You can request your report from them and see what they've collected on you.
93MarineHorn
Tex117 said:

inconvenient truth said:

He's not blaming them, just pointing out that the folks that thought this was just right wing paranoia may have been wrong.
Flavius Agximus
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Tex117 said:

inconvenient truth said:

He's not blaming them, just pointing out that the folks that thought this was just right wing paranoia may have been wrong.
Plus since we've now seen that social media censorship by "but it's a private company" was coordinated with government, it's not really a stretch to imagine these ESG scores are being coordinated with or eventually will be coordinated with and accessible to government.
DrEvazanPhD
GeorgiAg said:

inconvenient truth said:

Rule #1 of social credit score is you can't talk about social credit score.

Rule #1 of voting for Biden is being a commie
chiphijason
AG
C@LAg said:

that makes me wonder....

has anyone ever asked if Texags sells data to third parties?

i am talking about demographic data, not selling access to potential advertisers/customers.

I would not be shocked since pretty much everyone does, but would be interesting to know.
It is at the bottom of every page under the link marked Terms & Privacy.

Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
El Gallo Blanco
Tex117 said:

inconvenient truth said:

Where is he blaming CM's? He's just throwing it back in their faces, which is what should be done to someone who was condescending but wrong…like they have been so many times before.
C@LAg

so the answer is yes. just not pii

got it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.