More Border Deal Info

4,149 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by aggiehawg
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Supervision is catch and release repackaged. Kill this deal and enforce the current laws on the book. Oh and end the Flores deal.
Owlagdad
No
B-1 83
AG
Nope. Nope. Nope.

If you're going to limit how many cross, limit to those who can cross and have their court case heard within 24 hours. If you cross otherwise, you give up all rights to immigrate, period. See how fast it backs up in Mexico and how quickly it stops as word gets out.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
No Spin Ag
Hell to the no.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
YouBet
AG
lol. Who is going to supervise 1.8M new illegals per year on top of the 8-9M new that got in over last 3 years?
Get Off My Lawn
"Democrats intentionally broke the asylum system, so now we're going to gut the asylum checks and welcome everyone."
ABATTBQ87
AG
Bryanisbest
AG
I have one word for anyone inclined to vote for this deal, DON'T!
doubledog
As a sign of good faith, (Republicans) tell Biden to shut down the border NOW through an EO.
Pinochet
Floating barriers and concertina wire would be ideal to funnel these fake asylum seekers into a place to have a quick hearing and send them back to Mexico. If only someone had thought of that.

Maybe F16 could also start a charity to fund a detention center for them to wait in somewhere in southern Mexico?
outofstateaggie
AG
Insanity.

&ct=g

This discussion taking place is so so disconnected from reality. The media and so many others so willing to just act like the last three years at the border haven't even happened.
B-1 83
AG
Pinochet said:

Floating barriers and concertina wire would be ideal to funnel these fake asylum seekers into a place to have a quick hearing and send them back to Mexico. If only someone had thought of that.

Maybe F16 could also start a charity to fund a detention center for them to wait in somewhere in southern Mexico?
How many can be done per day? I can envision a system where they are handed a number, sent back across, and they're allowed to come back when their number flashes on a big sign on the US side:

"Now serving number 2156" might send a bunch home when you're holding number 138,329.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Sharpshooter
AG
In the old west regular citizens were deputized to ride out on Posses. We should take older retired folk, like me, give me the power to decide asylum as a deputized judge; and, let volunteers handle the volume. I'd gladly volunteer for expenses only.
oysterbayAG
AG
Who are going to be the " Supervisors " and the " Judges " Left wing nut jobs ? We have had enough of these clowns in the Federal Government !
Ellis Wyatt
**** this "deal" and anyone who votes for it or supports it. It is yet another middle finger in the face of actual Americans.
richardag
Anyone crossing the border illegally should be immediately sent back across the border. Pass a law granting the right of the border patrol to enforce the law and if necessary enlist the aid of the National Guard.

People with jobs, such as software engineers, in the U.S. on work visas are on a waiting list for green cards that can take 12+ years. Not sure how long to obtain citizenship.

The Democratic Party leadership is absolutely wrong, unethical, amoral and dishonorable.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Sharpshooter
AG
oysterbayAG said:

Who are going to be the " Supervisors " and the " Judges " Left wing nut jobs ? We have had enough of these clowns in the Federal Government !
Where are migrants traveling to, now? NE and Midwest. What kind of judges do you think will be adjudicating their asylum issues there? At lease give us a chance at some of them.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Catch and release is already illegal. Biden has just been ignoring it.

Here's what I will accept:

- If you cross the border illegally you automatically give up any claim to asylum and are on the instant deport list.

-Stronger standards for asylum, ie if you crossed multiple other countries to get here you're automatically denied because you're not really seeking asylum

-Reinstate remain in Mexico for those still wanting to try the asylum game.

-Absolutely no numbers game of "we'll allow so many crossings a day"

- No exception for families. You are detained and deported together.
Sharpshooter
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

- If you cross the border illegally you automatically give up any claim to asylum and are on the instant deport list.

-Stronger standards for asylum, ie if you crossed multiple other countries to get here you're automatically denied because you're not really seeking asylum

-Reinstate remain in Mexico for those wanting to try the asylum game.

This, all day long.
JFABNRGR
AG
YouBet said:

lol. Who is going to supervise 1.8M new illegals per year on top of the 8-9M new that got in over last 3 years?

There are federal contracts out to build housing/holding facilities. One in Eagle Pass already under contract I believe is for 3000 beds.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
agAngeldad
Maroon Dawn said:

No anchor babies. One parent must be a legal resident. Same as other countries!!

Must have a sponsor to provide hosting for a specified time period.
Maroon Dawn
AG
agAngeldad said:

Maroon Dawn said:

No anchor babies. One parent must ne legal resident. Same as other countries!!

Oh I wish but unfortunately I just don't believe we'll ever be free of soil citizenship without a Constitutional Convention
agAngeldad
Maroon Dawn said:

agAngeldad said:

Maroon Dawn said:

No anchor babies. One parent must ne legal resident. Same as other countries!!

Oh I wish but unfortunately I just don't believe we'll ever be free of soil citizenship without a Constitutional Convention

Depends on the interpretation of the constitution. It was meant to protect those that came here legally. To your point, its just another sound bite for power.
TRM
AG
They lead off the bill with Ukraine funding.

https://www.appropriations.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/emergency_national_security_supplemental_bill_text.pdf
Jason C.
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Taken entirely out of context, he was smelling the new Herbal Essences lineup
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
outofstateaggie said:

Insanity.

&ct=g

This discussion taking place is so so disconnected from reality. The media and so many others so willing to just act like the last three years at the border haven't even happened.

well what fun is it to propagandize everything if you can't flip the pleebs off in the process. watch the republicans will fight hard and slow this down to just 2.5 million a year. It is all a scam. all of it.
TRM
AG
So more money for NGOs directing this, we get to pay for their asylum attorneys, increases in visas, border patrol training, DHS has the border emergency authority (so Mayorkas will do s***), money to foreign govts.
Jock 07
AG
Texas velvet maestro
today. just the first 8 min. Kids w no parents

Trajan88
AG
All I have heard over the years is that asylum was necessary because the migrants were being targeted/persecuted in their home countries... and that they are "entitled" to claim asylum in the U.S.

So did those punks that attacked cops in NYC then turned around and released almost immediately ... are they all "asylum" seekers?

I bet that the only "persecution" those thugs were escaping from was the law in their home countries.

Those criminals, and all like them need to be put on transports right back to their home countries.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
I guess Kamala never fixed the root of the problem.
YouBet
AG
2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

I guess Kamala never fixed the root of the problem.

Wasn't the type of root she typically works on.
SeMgCo87
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

This Bill (not William) is far more insidious...

They are abruptly changing the process with no reservations for documentation, training and resources or assessment of readiness...

This is like interrupting a sailing ship's journey to design, build and install a steam engine propulsion system, while maintaining speed, course and schedule under sail...

The only way to make this successful is to shut the damned border down, chasing down and tagging every illegal in the country, then implement this new process...

That should place implementation sometime in June, 2033, at least as slow as the Feds work...

"You are being watched..."
MagnumLoad
Liars lying more. It is what they do.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.