No Criminal Charges to be Filed Over Senate Sex Tape

3,690 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by H2Ag
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

The U.S. Capitol Police announced Thursday they have declined to press charges following the filming of a "sex video that was recorded inside the Hart Senate Office Building on the morning of Wednesday, December 13.

"After consulting with federal and local prosecutors, as well as doing a comprehensive investigation and review of possible charges, it was determined that -- despite a likely violation of Congressional policy -- there is currently no evidence that a crime was committed," the agency said in a statement to Fox News.

"Although the hearing room was not open to the public at the time, the Congressional staffer involved had access to the room. The two people of interest were not cooperative, nor were the elements of any of the possible crimes met," Capitol Police continued.

"The Congressional staffer, who has since resigned from his job, exercised his Fifth Amendment right to remain silent and refused to talk to us," authorities also said. "Our investigators are willing to review new evidence should any come to light."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-sex-tape-capitol-police-decline-press-charges

Of course not, the perps have absolute protection. Not only are they members of the alphabet soup crowd, but even more importantly, one of them is a Democrat, which confers totally immunity unless one goes against the party. Bet he runs for office in the near future.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
CrackerJackAg
AG
That's why you should never ever speak to the police in any situation ever. Nothing good can happen.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

it was determined that -- despite a likely violation of Congressional policy -- there is currently no evidence that a crime was committed,
As disgusting and lack of any decorum, ethics, morality, etc. as this was, I agree that there was likely no crime as it was not in the public view.

It also speaks to the state of people today that they thought they could do it without any consequence or that it wasn't wrong.
BaileyAg
AG
And he goes unnamed in the article?
I thought everyone knew who it was
normalhorn
This is just a sampling of the perverts and their enablers/supporters who are "NOT" coming after our youth.
Imagine how many years in prison a straight couple working for a (R) Congressman would have received instead….
...take it easy on me, I'm a normal horn
B-1 83
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

it was determined that -- despite a likely violation of Congressional policy -- there is currently no evidence that a crime was committed,
As disgusting and lack of any decorum, ethics, morality, etc. as this was, I agree that there was likely no crime as it was not in the public view.

It also speaks to the state of people today that they thought they could do it without any consequence or that it wasn't wrong.
This. He resigned, but having watched federal employees all but get by with murder, I'd like to have seen what sort of personnel **** show this would have caused had he fought it.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
taxpreparer
AG
"After consulting with federal and local prosecutors, as well as doing a comprehensive investigation and review of possible charges, it was determined that -- despite a likely violation of Congressional policy -- there is currently no evidence that a crime was committed," the agency said in a statement to Fox News.

Don't they have the video? Is that not enough evidence to charge the staffers? Our Justice department is a joke!
CDUB98
AG
Okay, what's the charge?
twk
AG
CDUB98 said:

Okay, what's the charge?
Public lewdness would work in most jurisdictions, but I have no idea what the laws are in DC on this subject.
CDUB98
AG
twk said:

CDUB98 said:

Okay, what's the charge?
Public lewdness would work in most jurisdictions, but I have no idea what the laws are in DC on this subject.
But, if there is no public, is there a valid charge?

Hopefully I made it clear that I don't condone what they did, nor would I even if it were a hetero conservative couple. I'm simply trying to state that not everything needs to be a crime, and the loss of a job is a strong punishment for stupidity.
twk
AG
CDUB98 said:

twk said:

CDUB98 said:

Okay, what's the charge?
But, if there is no public, is there a valid charge?

Hopefully I made it clear that I don't condone what they did, nor would I even if it were a hetero conservative couple. I'm simply trying to state that not everything needs to be a crime, and the loss of a job is a strong punishment for stupidity.
No, I understand you are not defending the guy. Just a theoretical discussion.

Whether it is open to the public at the time or not, a Capital hearing room is a public place. No one has any expectation of privacy there. Suppose that they had done it on the roof of the Capitol -- that would be off limits to the public, but still clearly a public place. Certainly a matter open to interpretation, but it seems pretty clear to me that the prosecutors here were looking for an interpretation that would let their fellow left wing government employee escape.
BadMoonRisin
AG
The US Capitol, sponsored by Biktarvy.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Certainly a matter open to interpretation, Very much so, and likely where our differences lie.

but it seems pretty clear to me that the prosecutors here were looking for an interpretation that would let their fellow left wing government employee escape. Quite plausible, and fully agree that this could have been their entire motive.
Muy
AG
I agree not illegal, but do they get to keep their jobs? That's a major ethics violation and they should have been walked out the door immediately.

George Costanza got in bigger trouble for having sex with an office maid.

"Is this frowned upon?!"
Maroon Dawn
AG
Their place in the Victimhood Caste System is well above the "rules apply to you" line
whatthehey78
AG
USA - Sex in the Capital...cocaine in the WH...rampant corruption in every office/agency = "Godless, immoral nation" Not much worth saving anymore.
CDUB98
AG
IIRC, only one of them, the one with access, worked as a staffer. The other was just there to get a staff.

The staffer resigned his position, but of course then went on a social media victim narrative that he was fired because of who he loved.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Muy
AG
CDUB98 said:

IIRC, only one of them, the one with access, worked as a staffer. The other was just there to get a staff.

The staffer resigned his position, but of course then went on a social media victim narrative that he was fired because of who he loved.

Gawd I hate liberals
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Gawd I hate progressives
FIFY
Ellis Wyatt
CrackerJackAg said:

That's why you should never ever speak to the police in any situation ever. Nothing good can happen.
He should face prosecution. I don't give a **** what he told the Capitol Police. Dude is on video in a place he was not authorized to be.

Degenerates do degenerate things and a degenerate government turns a blind eye. None of us would be afforded the opportunity to resign from a private sector job for doing something similar.

J6 people are still in jail for "trespassing."

One more data point that proves we have two systems of "justice."
doubledog
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

It's a sex video... That is not evidence anymore.
CrackerJackAg
AG
Yeah, I don't disagree with you on any of that but I didn't really say anything about any of that in the first place.

I'm just saying that it's proof that you should never ever ever talk to police officers. Nothing can happen that benefits you in anyway.
aggiehawg
AG
twk said:

CDUB98 said:

Okay, what's the charge?
Exactly. Plea it down to public exposure get a guilty plea, fine slap on the wrist and move on.

But saying they couldn't proceed without the defendant's testimony due to invocation of the 5th is pure BS. Ninety percent of criminal defendants take the 5th. They still are prosecuted.
BluHorseShu
AG
normalhorn said:

This is just a sampling of the perverts and their enablers/supporters who are "NOT" coming after our youth.
Imagine how many years in prison a straight couple working for a (R) Congressman would have received instead….
Based on the case here, the same as these idiots. No morals, no decorum, it should be equally applied and all parties fired. Its absolutely a commentary on our culture, gay or not, when people think this kind of debauchery is okay.
BluHorseShu
AG
Muy said:

I agree not illegal, but do they get to keep their jobs? That's a major ethics violation and they should have been walked out the door immediately.

George Costanza got in bigger trouble for having sex with an office maid.

"Is this frowned upon?!"
I would think firing is immediate and the one guy just bailed before they could formally do it. Hopefully the shame of this follows them for quite a while.
Aggie4Life02
AG
United States of Sodom
agz win
AG
So can they still sell and distribute their tape for profit since no charges?
Im Gipper
(D)ifferent for giving this (D)

I'm Gipper
4stringAg
AG
Sounds like an insurrection was going on.
IndividualFreedom
Now do R.
FJB
AG
The People get the shaft again.
EX TEXASEX
Life is so hard when you are magirnalized

#FJB
EX TEXASEX
Up next, on top the case that holds The Constitution at The National Archives Museum and The President's desk in the Oval Office !!!

#FJB
EX TEXASEX
" Hello U.S.Capitol Office ?"
"Hi, I would like to book room 216 in The Hart Senate Building for a few hours "

#FJB
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.