DOJ will NOT pursue Bankman-Fried for illegal Dem donations

3,505 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by sharpdressedman
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why am I NOT surprised.

reminder:
"SBF donated $100 million during the 2022 midterms, pouring tens of millions into dark money groups with customers' funds," Rugg wrote on X. "Some of these groups were linked to Senate leaders including Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer."

In 2021 and 2022, Bankman-Fried donated nearly $38 million to various candidates and PACs, mainly giving his cash to Democratic candidates and left-wing groups, according to Federal Election Commission filings (FEC).

DOJ torched after prosecutors announce Sam Bankman-Fried will not face trial on illegal political donations (msn.com)

The decision to avoid a second trial charging Sam Bankman-Fried with a conspiracy to make unlawful political donations and bribery of foreign officials has many conservatives up in arms.

Federal prosecutors said Friday that they do not plan to proceed with a second trial against Sam Bankman-Fried, citing public interest in a speedy resolution of the case that has seemingly irritated those who were hoping to see the disgraced FTX founder prosecuted to the fullest extent.

In a Friday letter filed in federal court in Manhattan, prosecutors said they do "not plan to proceed with a second trial" as "much of the evidence that would be offered in a second trial was already offered in the first trial and can be considered by the Court at the defendant's March 2024 sentencing."

"Given that practical reality, and the strong public interest in a prompt resolution of this matter, the Government intends to proceed to sentencing on the counts for which the defendant was convicted at trial," the prosecutors added.

"So we won't know which politicians he bribed or who's campaigns he influenced? That collective sigh of relief you are hearing is from the DEEP STATE," Rep. Tim Burchett, R-Tenn., wrote in a Friday night post to X.

JohnLA762
AG
It's (D)ifferent!
APHIS AG
Just more proof as to Democratic authoritarianism where they can get away with anything without repercussions.

No repercussions from the courts and no repercussions from the ballot box.
DallasAg 94
An L of an Ag
AG
Of COURSE they won't!!! Is it ****ing clear yet that We The People will NEVER have justice with these ******* tyrants???
An L of an Ag
AG
APHIS AG said:

Just more proof as to Democratic authoritarianism where they can get away with anything without repercussions.

No repercussions from the courts and no repercussions from the ballot box.

We DO still have one more box. For now.
Central Committee
AG
All those hundreds of millions given to the Dems. Of course the corrupt DOJ would bury this. It would create public record of the contributions and put pressure on the recipients to give the cash back to make the defrauded investors whole.

We all know how this would go if the recipients were Republicans.

Most corrupt DOJ since LBJ. Makes Eric Holder look honorable.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Gigem314
AG
But they're totally impartial and we should believe whatever they tell us about Trump.
Jock 07
AG
Not that I'm holding my breath but what's the statute of limitations? Could a new, theoretically not corrupt, DOJ still prosecute assuming we're able to fix the government next year?
TexAgs91
AG
America is gone
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
mjschiller
AG
Communist protecting communist
Marvin J. Schiller
buda91
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

"Public interest in a speedy resolution of the case"
What the WHAT?!?
Urban Ag
AG
Jock 07 said:

Not that I'm holding my breath but what's the statute of limitations? Could a new, theoretically not corrupt, DOJ still prosecute assuming we're able to fix the government next year?
Most likely yes.

But it won't happen.

I know many on this board are well aware of this. This is exactly what Rush Limbaugh was regularly warning America about in the late 90's. He was adamant about it. He said over and over again that the real damages of the Clinton WH would not really be seen nor felt for decades.

Preface. The 90's were "different" in that for the first time in a long time the US wasn't facing a very specific foreign threat that the country could unify against. Technically we were but most would not realize that until 2001. Democrats were in power and stopped giving a sh** about national security. All of their focus could turn to destroying their enemies (that would be us conservatives) by any means necessary.

Rush clearly noted so many times the weaponization of federal agencies and even warned against it spreading to the CIA, NSA, and military. It was already ripping through the DOJ, FBI, BATFE, EPA, DOE, and on and on.

The eight years of Bush 43 was a minor roadblock, a slowdown at best. Obama picked it back up and tripled down. By the time Trump was making headway in 2016, the federal agencies were completely weaponized against the right whether the rank and file even knew it. They damn near scuttled his 2016 victory. They waged war against his presidency. They cover for and cover up all of the criminality and corruption of the Bidens and the dems in general.

That's where we currently are. It's really not debatable. We're screwed.
GeeBee
AG
TEXIT is looking better and better each and every day.

The regular folks aren't going to win against the machine, so might as well give them the middle finger and kick'em in the nuts.
Burdizzo
AG
Small Block Ford is going to disappear or meet an untimely death so they never find out what really happened. It will be like Epstein but not in a jail.
Algorithmic Epiphany
FTX was a money laundering scheme.

Th launderers investigated themselves and found nothing wrong.

The people, as they do, did nothing but gnash their teeth and wail pathetically.

Therefore, it will only continue.

Why quit when getting away with it is so cheap?

What action will you take?

The tree of liberty deserves sustenance.
doubledog

Quote:

DOJ will NOT pursue Bankman-Fried for illegal Dem donations

Because... It may deter other illegal donations to the Democratic party... Duh
Aggie Jurist
AG
. . . and Dinesh D'Souza was prosecuted over $20k in donations. What a freaking joke our government has become.
LGB
Al Bula
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
From reading 'Going Infinite' book on SBF by Michael Lewis who was embedded with FTX and close to SBF when collapse happened, FTX had both GOP and Dem focused teams, playing both sides, and the list of politicians who received money is long.

But the funniest story is the effective altruists core at FTX felt Trump was particularly a threat to world stability and in 2022 they were working channels to Trump offering $5 billion bribe to the Donald to drop out of the 2024 POTUS race, but FTX collapsed before things got very far after than the initial offer
Reno Hightower
Reason #453,790,242 why we live in a Banana Republic.
Owlagdad
Garland is obama's punk.
Kansas Kid
You guys do realize why the Republicans in Congress are quiet on this?

He gave them similar large amounts of money through dark pools and donating to Republicans though his underling Ryan Salame. Even the OP article talks about money to McConnell. I think he should be prosecuted but this is a bipartisan effort to avoid this coming to the light of day.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/10/20/sam-bankman-fried-ftx-allies-donated-millions-in-dark-money.html
Pumpkinhead
AG
Reno Hightower said:

LOL. Have you ever lived overseas? I have. You have it pretty good overall in the States. Politics going to politics.
annie88
AG
Corrupt ****ers

Don't even try to hide the corruption anymore because they know no one will do anything.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Reno Hightower said:

LOL. Have you ever lived overseas? I have. You have it pretty good overall in the States. Politics going to politics.

The point is we're now sliding towards those countries "overseas". It doesn't happen magically overnight.

It's always amazing to watch people who have absolutely no pattern recognition talk down as smugly as possible to those who do.
kb2001
AG
He's already been convicted and is facing a lot of jail time. The DOJ declining to pursue charges has more to do with not highlighting those politicians who received donations, and not having to clawback the donations.

Shocking that a dem run DOJ would choose not to bring attention to the corrupt activities of the second highest contributor to dem candidates behind only George Soros. There were a few donations to republicans as well, but it is dwarfed compared to the dem money, and is only really brought up by people who are trying to minimize the dem corruption. We saw the same kind of false equivalency when Obama's IRS was caught blocking conservative groups. There were close to 200 conservative groups that were shelved, and the dems pointed to 4 lib groups and said "see, it's happening to both sides".
lb3
AG
Assuming he made contributions to Texas politicians is there anything Paxton can do?
TRADUCTOR
lb3 said:

Assuming he made contributions to Texas politicians is there anything Paxton can do?

20 more busses a week.
Urban Ag
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Reno Hightower said:

LOL indeed.

I've seen a couple other leftists make this argument on this board. "All we have to do is remain slightly better than <insert name of sh**hole country> and we have it pretty good". So every time things do in fact continue to get worse, just restate "all we have to do is remain slightly better than <inset name of an even sh***ier sh**hole country> and we have it pretty good".

Yeah, that's just politics no big deal, at least we're not Mexico. Ok sure, that's not good but we're far from Nigeria. Ok yeah, I can't really goaltend that one but let's not act like we're Yemen or Somalia.

GeeBee
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Reno Hightower said:

LoL. I guess you've never heard the term "managed decline" or "uniparty".

It's a real thing.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Urban Ag said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Reno Hightower said:

LOL indeed.

I've seen a couple other leftists make this argument on this board. "All we have to do is remain slightly better than <insert name of sh**hole country> and we have it pretty good". So every time things do in fact continue to get worse, just restate "all we have to do is remain slightly better than <inset name of an even sh***ier sh**hole country> and we have it pretty good".

Yeah, that's just politics no big deal, at least we're not Mexico. Ok sure, that's not good but we're far from Nigeria. Ok yeah, I can't really goaltend that one but let's not act like we're Yemen or Somalia.

Slightly better? Try even living in Europe. Our Dem party would be the conservative party in most places over there. Left can go a lot more left!
Pumpkinhead
AG
GeeBee said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Reno Hightower said:

LoL. I guess you've never heard the term "managed decline" or "uniparty".

It's a real thing.

Can we clearly identify a 'peak' for the USA in its history before the gradual decline started happening? The invention of the internet was the beginning of the end?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Reno Hightower said:

The point is we're now sliding towards those countries "overseas". It doesn't happen magically overnight.

It's always amazing to watch people who have absolutely no pattern recognition talk down as smugly as possible to those who do.

Everybody has an opinion. I got mine and others got theirs. It is All good.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.