Don't wear eye black to sporting events in CA (offensive)

5,169 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Kashchei
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://nypost.com/2023/11/13/news/california-middle-schooler-banned-from-sports-over-black-face-but-group-says-he-was-just-wearing-eye-paint/

California middle-schooler was suspended for allegedly wearing "blackface" to a local football game but a national civil rights group claims the boy was just wearing eye paint.

The eighth-grader, only identified as J.A. for privacy reasons, was photographed attending a high school football game between La Jolla High School and Morse High School with dark face paint covering his cheeks and chin on Oct. 13, according to the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE).

ProgN
Maybe he heard about the 15 black youths beating the white kid to death so he was camouflaged for his own protection.
Logos Stick
Hopefully the principal is fired.

The right approach would have been to meet with the kid to find out why he did it. Then explain to him that it can be misconstrued by morons on the left to be racist.
VarkAg77
AG
The right approach would have been to meet with the complainant to find out their ulterior motive, tell them you aren't playing their stupid game and kick them out of your office.

ETA: Didn't mean for this to look like I might be disagreeing with you Logo.
ts5641
It's amazing the vilification of white people, both obvious and more nuanced. This is a coordinated effort by the left and it's sickening. I feel sorry for these young white kids, who think they're less than who they are because of these ****ing commie leftists and their obscene woke ideology.
Monywolf
That ain't eyeblack
Who?mikejones!
Yeah, it is
StillNotAnAggie
Monywolf said:

That ain't blackface

FIFY.
TRIDENT
AG
Looks like a kid that got a bit exuberant with the eye black.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
That is a poor use of eye black but it isn't blackface. I doubt that child had even heard of blackface before this suspension. Unless he was going around saying offensive stuff, which I doubt he was, the adults in this situation should be suspended.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
DrEvazanPhD
It's just eye black. Probably going for the warrior face paint look. Saw it plenty in football
Olag00
AG
The article I saw yesterday had a photo of Ray lewis and it was too mimic it.

Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I'd be shocked if the kid knows who Ray Lewis is. I imagine he was copying the kids on the field.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
tysker
AG
Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE)

This is the group that started off supporting and providing advocacy for freedom of speech on campus on behalf of students and professors. The group recently expanded their mission for speech rights to other venues and voices.
WestTexAg12
AG

Tanya 93
If it is not done by Travis or Jason Kelce, it doesn't count
torrid
AG
Stupid me, I always thought eyeblack was just single stripe under each eye. However after seeing the current players, clearly that is what he was emulating.

The real question is when will the NFL players be cancelled for going in blackface?
Owlagdad
So if a black guy dyes his hair blonde- is he doing "white hair"?
BBRex
AG
If it doesn't cover the whole face, it isn't blackface.
Martin Q. Blank
Owlagdad said:

It was established in the early 2000s that black people cannot be racist.
TexAgs91
AG
What happened to freedom of speech?
Gilligan
AG
The fact that made the NY Post is beyond ridiculous.

America is broken beyond repair.
Dimebag Darrell
Owlagdad said:

Yes, and we should ruin his life. If a young black girl has blonde hair, RUIN HER.

Leftists are f-ing psycho.
No Spin Ag
Gilligan said:

The fact that made the NY Post is beyond ridiculous.

America is broken beyond repair.
The fact that we're talking about it shows just what this country feels is a priority while so many other real atrocities are happening every day in every town in America.

Only the kid knows why he wore it that way, and if it's because he was copying players, then people need to leave him TF alone - he's just being a kid imitating something he really likes.

At his age, I'd be extremely surprised if he was doing blackface, but if for some reason he was, I'd say take the parents behind the woodshed and deal with them with extreme prejudice (pun intended) for instilling that into a child.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
fka ftc
Monywolf said:

That ain't eyeblack
Based on the photos it does not appear to be standard issue eyeblack.

Also noted the kid was "attending" and not participating.

That said, the kid should be given benefit of the doubt and allowed to explain his intention.

If he says that he was trying to mimic a football player wearing eyeblack, that is good enough for me and he should not be punished and should not be made into a national news story regardless.

This sort of feels like someone was baiting for a conflict / story.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Dimebag Darrell
You have to be DUMB AS F**** to think this kid may have been going for blackface to mock black people. DUMB AF. So dumb, you should be stripped of your right to vote.
No Longer Subsribed

Noted liberal airhead Justin Trudeau showed us how to do blackface correctly. A kid at a football game pretending to be a player is not blackface. The school administration are cowards for not calling the allegation out for what it is.
usmcbrooks
PLACE AT THE TABLE!!!

Mary Bailey
fka ftc said:

Monywolf said:

That ain't eyeblack
Based on the photos it does not appear to be standard issue eyeblack.

Also noted the kid was "attending" and not participating.

That said, the kid should be given benefit of the doubt and allowed to explain his intention.

If he says that he was trying to mimic a football player wearing eyeblack, that is good enough for me and he should not be punished and should not be made into a national news story regardless.

This sort of feels like someone was baiting for a conflict / story.
No. He shouldn't even be questioned. If you can't tell what he's doing, you aren't fit to interact with someone else's child. Leave him alone.
BCSWguru
If you couldnt tell what he was doing, you are certified DAF. Especially given the context. Anyone with any semblance of intelligence would know its not blackface.
Beast of Burden
Monywolf said:

That ain't eyeblack

HO. LY. CRAP.

Some of you really, REALLY need to step away from the internet.

Torbush wow.
OdessaAg
AG
Wonder if these Bruins were suspended? What a friggin clown world we live in……
fka ftc
I noticed in those pictures the guys are actually wearing football uniforms. Part of the unknown here is what, if any, affiliation the boy had with the team.

Again, that being said, it is not unheard of for fans to use face paint. So either the kid did it as a very poorly considered prank, or he was misperceived and has been subject to unfair treatment by the school and the press.

There is not part of me that assumes this kid was trying to wear "blackface" and I would be truly surprised if that turns out to be the case.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Monkeypoxfighter
Logos Stick said:

Hopefully the principal is fired.

The right approach would have been to meet with the kid to find out why he did it. Then explain to him that it can be misconstrued by morons on the left to be racist.
That's a whole bunch of overkill, but there had better be a written letter of apology along with what you suggested with the sit down with parents present.
It only took me a year to figure out this place is nuts!
Kashchei
AG
15 black students beating a white student to death: No problem

A white kid wearing eye black to a football game: RACISM!

And as others have said, if you don't know what the kid was doing then you are a very well regarded individual.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.