Harvard students scramble to take back support for letter

15,024 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LMCane
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A Race to Retract
Quote:

A flurry of Harvard University students and groups are desperately trying to backtrack on their support of a letter blaming Israel for the mass slaughter of its own people by Hamas terrorists as some business titans seek to blacklist them from future jobs.

Four of the initial 34 student organizations attached to the inflammatory statement have already withdrawn their support while board members of other groups have quit to distance themselves.

Late Tuesday, 17 other Harvard groups joined around 500 faculty and staff and 3,000 others in signing a counter-statement attacking the other groups' letter as "completely wrong and deeply offensive," according to the campus paper, the Harvard Crimson.

A third letter from nearly 160 faculty members also ripped Harvard's response to the scandal, writing that it "can be seen as nothing less than condoning the mass murder of civilians based only on their nationality."

Others in groups supporting the initial letter which held "the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence" quit while distancing themselves from any involvement....

But the student organizations only seemed to have released their statements after billionaire hedge fund manager Bill Ackman called for the university to release the names of the students in these groups so that they will not be hired by Wall Street.

"I have been asked by a number of CEOs if Harvard would release a list of the members of each of the Harvard organizations that have issued the letter assigning sole responsibility for Hamas' heinous acts to Israel, so as to insure that none of us inadvertently hire any of their members," Ackman, the billionaire founder of hedge fund giant Pershing Square Capital Management, wrote on his X social media account on Tuesday.

"If, in fact, their members support the letter they have released, the names of the signatories should be made public so their views are publicly known."
https://nypost.com/2023/10/11/harvard-students-take-back-support-for-hamas/
aggiehawg
AG
Too late.
Not a Bot
AG
Ackman tweeting about it set off the scramble. Dude is huge in NYC Hedge Fund game and every big banker knows him well. No one on that list is going to be hired at any big firm, which pretty much defeats the purpose of going to Harvard for a business degree.
Not a Bot
AG
It's also funny to me how so many of them love to parade around protesting in masks and hide behind anonymous groups, but when they are exposed as individuals they freak out and suddenly don't support the cause anymore.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
FAFO!

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes!
TA-OP
Would FERPA even allow Harvard to release the names?
ExPeterKeating
Publish the names. Let the others see. Signatures have consequences.
annie88
AG
Brilliant.

They should also be expelled from school immediately, and those who are not American citizens should be sent back to their countries immediately.

But I'm glad to see this push back and I hope it follows them for a long time.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
annie88
AG
TA-OP said:

They'll get out there somehow. There's too much information on the student organizations and These dumbasses are proud of themselves, even if they're trying to backtrack now.
Not a Bot
AG
https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2023/10/11/dual-statements-criticize-psc/

Dingbat from the Palestine Solidarity Committee trying to say they weren't condoning civilian deaths.

Even Bill DeBlasio signed onto a new letter condemning the student groups.

When you've lost Bill, you've gone WAY too far to the left.
dreyOO
aggiehawg said:

Too late.
Definitely. But I'm still glad to see the reaction from faculty and students to it. We need more people to wake up and ACT.
annie88
AG
Not a Bot said:

It's also funny to me how so many of them love to parade around protesting in masks and hide behind anonymous groups, but when they are exposed as individuals they freak out and suddenly don't support the cause anymore.

Well, they are young and immature. They're entitled and spoiled even the ones that aren't rich and think they understand worldviews when they don't.

And don't get me started on the ones that aren't from America and are getting an education over here. They are even more disgusting for acting like this.

They have all been able to get away with her tantrums and such until now and they're shocked.

They need to go through with this they need to understand what real consequences look like. Many of them really haven't had any up until now.

They really thought sending out a letter supporting terrorism was a good idea.
FrankK
AG
aggiehawg
AG
annie88 said:

Brilliant.

They should also be expelled from school immediately, and those who are not American citizens should be sent back to their countries immediately.

I also think behind the scenes, part of the huge donor class that fund their endowment have had a not-another-dime moment. Reason I say that is because Larry Summers, of all people came out to condemn it. He knows who is Harvard's donor class and he knows them well.
Street Fighter
AG
Not a Bot said:

They have no real conviction for any of these ideals, they're just clout chasing until, as in this case, it back fires.

Most of the time they have full cover from the 4rth estate and are praised for bravery etc...when they are pretty much the opposite.
Gigem314
AG
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
AggieMD95
AG
aggiehawg said:

annie88 said:

Brilliant.

I also think behind the scenes, part of the huge donor class that fund their endowment have had a not-another-dime moment. Reason I say that is because Larry Summers, of all people came out to condemn it. He knows who is Harvard's donor class and he knows them well.

Harvard screwed him royally w cancellation
ABATTBQ11
AG
TA-OP said:

Yes. Has nothing to do with grades.
ABATTBQ11
AG
FrankK said:

Can we get the outdoors board to identify all the students on their social media accounts to create the list? Heck why not do it for every person on social media. If there were only a way... Elon?

I think some domestic Jewish groups already have.
Houstonag
AG
TAMU has more top CEOs than Harvard.
Trajan88
AG
Will the signatories will be identified on campus too... in classrooms, dorms, library, gym, etc.?

That would be a cold, hard slap of reality... actions have consequences.
TexAgs91
AG
Sorry but you guys are the "Butchers of Harvard". Own it.
TX04Aggie
AG
Yeah, if I was a hiring manager now, I would vet the hell out of any Harvard applicants and make sure they weren't a part of this letter. HBS about to find out the hard way, they may find their soon to be alum on an unofficial blacklist
MAROON
AG
TA-OP said:

only if they also test positive for COVID
Owlagdad
Words hurt. Those idiots bit the hand that feeds them. I'd like to think that someone educated them with the realities of how bad terrorism and Hamas are, and are truly repentant. But their crawfishing more than likely comes from big money donors who jumped the admin staff.
They may be smart, but can't pour piss out of a boot.
Claverack

Going full-bore Nazi has its consequences.

Good to see some things haven't changed in this country.

StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Release their names so we can avoid hiring idiots who are either extremists or can't understand what they put their name to. Even the a$$wipe-in-chief knows hamas are the bad guys.
aggiez03
AG
In b4 a CM or drive by lib, comes in with...

I thought F16 was for free speech...
Yesterday
AG
People will tell you who they are if you listen !
aggiez03
AG
StonewallAggieDEFENSE said:

Release their names so we can avoid hiring idiots who are either extremists or can't understand what they put their name to. Even the a$$wipe-in-chief knows hamas are the bad guys.
This one is easy...

Harvard, Cal-Berkley or Stanford on resume - File 13 it immediately
Pronouns listed on resume - File 13 it immediately
BonfireNerd04
If so, I hope another student commits some civil disobedience and tags their cars with pro-semitic graffiti.
fullback44
AG
F Harvard and their idiot faculty .. I hope they all lose their jobs and are exposed for loser mentality many of them have .... who in their right mind would support the killing of women children and old people? Go screw your self Harvard !
Aggie95
AG
Not sincere....they are just nervous of people actually finding out what they are like
Owlagdad
aggiez03 said:

StonewallAggieDEFENSE said:

This one is easy...

Harvard, Cal-Berkley or Stanford on resume - File 13 it immediately
Pronouns listed on resume - File 13 it immediately

There are some older Rice guys that won't hire Rice grads anymore.
AggieMD95
AG
aggiez03 said:

In b4 a CM or drive by lib, comes in with...

I thought F16 was for free speech...

Glad free speech allowed these anti semites to out themselves

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.