Netflix surprise with The Chosen

4,017 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by BrazosDog02
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was fairly shocked to see left leaning lgbtq oriented netflix picked up The Chosen

For those who don't know, The Chosen is the first-ever multi-season TV show about the life of Jesus. The Chosen allows us to see Him through the eyes of those who knew Him.

It seems alien to me that they'd take it but I wonder if they're starting to realize that woke isn't the way to make money
PlaneCrashGuy
kb2001
AG
Jesus will be black and trans by their 2nd season, and calling for reparations from the Romans.
TAMUallen
AG
kb2001 said:

Jesus will be black and trans by their 2nd season, and calling for reparations from the Romans.

In this case that's not the case and fortunately this Jesus series isn't produced by Netflix but instead they paid to able to stream season one, so it isn't up for artistic interpretation
BrazosDog02
AG
It's produced by Angel I think. They aren't going to **** this up.

It's an awesome show.
TAMUallen
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

It's produced by Angel I think. They aren't going to **** this up.

It's an awesome show.

Yeah, I was about to edit a post to be able to say how amazing it truly is. Even if you're not religious, it's a wonderfully produced series.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Which gospel does it tell?
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Waffledynamics
AG
kb2001 said:

Jesus will be calling for reparations from the Romans.
To be fair, he might have had a point.
Iowaggie
AG
The Chosen is an excellent series, but I'm not 100% sure that Netflix is actually paying Angel for it. Angel relies more on individual contributions.

I don't know as Angel may be showing it to as many as possible. I believe the series is also on Peacock, and now it is also on Amazon Prime video (all 3 seasons).

I'm pretty sure you can just download the Angel Studios app to your smart TV or device and play all the seasons for free.

There are so many powerful and moving scenes. They'll build and connect the characters so well.
For example, they show several scenes of the bleeding woman being outcast, unable to interact with others in societ, before she goes to Jesus for healing.

TAMUallen
AG
Waffledynamics said:

kb2001 said:

Jesus will be calling for reparations from the Romans.
To be fair, he might have had a point.

So give back to Caesar what is Caesar's
Swan Song
AG
I can tell you I bought shares in The Chosen/Angel when they we trying to get The Chosen going. A few months ago they sent me a check for 150% of my investment and I still own the stock. The company is making money and I'm proud to be an investor.
TAMUallen
AG
Swan Song said:

I can tell you I bought shares in Angel when they we trying to get The Chosen going. A few months ago they sent me a check for 150% of my investment and I still own the stock. The company is making money and I'm proud to be an investor.

That's pretty awesome. Any new plans for them?
Swan Song
AG
https://invest.angel.com/
YouBet
AG
TAMUallen said:

Swan Song said:

I can tell you I bought shares in Angel when they we trying to get The Chosen going. A few months ago they sent me a check for 150% of my investment and I still own the stock. The company is making money and I'm proud to be an investor.

That's pretty awesome. Any new plans for them?
They relocated the operation to Midlothian, TX during COVID. It's a great show although we have yet to watch the latest season.
TAMUallen
AG
Also, know anything in regards to if netflix paid?
sanangelo
AG
TAMUallen said:

Also, know anything in regards to if netflix paid?
No direct answer but LionsGate has the distribution rights.

https://www.angel.com/blog/angel-studios/posts/angel-studios-distribution-agreement-with-the-chosen

San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
ts5641
Good to see it was picked up by Netflix. If you're Christian or even if you're not and you want good family programming, I encourage you to watch this on Netflix.
Rex Racer
AG
Lionsgate bought the TV distribution rights. So you're seeing past seasons available a lot more places. Episodes are on the CW weekly, and on just about every streaming platform. It's all about reaching the most people possible.
Ciboag96
Swan Song said:

I can tell you I bought shares in The Chosen/Angel when they we trying to get The Chosen going. A few months ago they sent me a check for 150% of my investment and I still own the stock. The company is making money and I'm proud to be an investor.

So it's a FOR PROFIT entity that gets people like me to donate money to make their films? Boy am I ****ing stupid

The Fife
I still have one of those Jesus video tapes that everybody got in the mail a while back. How could this possibly be any better than that one was?!
Shoefly!
AG
kb2001 said:

She/Zhe will have rainbow hair.
Sims
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Swan Song said:

So it's a FOR PROFIT entity that gets people like me to donate money to make their films? Boy am I ****ing stupid

Not a lot of for profit companies I know of are in the habit of arbitrarily returning 150% of investors money to them.
Shoefly!
AG
Swan Song said:

https://invest.angel.com/

Good for you!
Ciboag96
Sims said:

Ciboag96 said:

Swan Song said:

Not a lot of for profit companies I know of are in the habit of arbitrarily returning 150% of investors money to them.

They'd better if their costs are paid for by donors
Gigem314
AG
The Chosen is fantastic.

The quality of the production and acting is one of the best I've ever seen for a faith based film or series.
Nanomachines son
TAMUallen said:

I was fairly shocked to see left leaning lgbtq oriented netflix picked up The Chosen

For those who don't know, The Chosen is the first-ever multi-season TV show about the life of Jesus. The Chosen allows us to see Him through the eyes of those who knew Him.

It seems alien to me that they'd take it but I wonder if they're starting to realize that woke isn't the way to make money

The Chosen has non-Christians on the producer and writing staff, it's not remotely close to biblically correct and borders on heresy. It shows Jesus repeatedly as a flawed man, which was never the case. This is exactly how Mormons think of Jesus.

The fact is, people now think of the Chosen when they think of Jesus and that's a big problem.
LMCane
in a related story, Artificial Intelligence has determined that Jesus probably looked like this from the Shroud of Turin:

and guess what?

he was not a black African or a Arab- but actually someone who looked like an ancient Israelite.

Shocker to the American left!

tk111
AG
Nanomachines son said:

TAMUallen said:

The Chosen has non-Christians on the producer and writing staff, it's not remotely close to biblically correct and borders on heresy. It shows Jesus repeatedly as a flawed man, which was never the case. This is exactly how Mormons think of Jesus.

The fact is, people now think of the Chosen when they think of Jesus and that's a big problem.
I tried to be open to the show, as I'm really not fond of putting words in Christ's mouth. Scripture is sufficient.

But as the show went on, more of the nuance of how he was portrayed started to wear on me...and then at the point when he and John the Baptist were having a last conversation about how John was gonna lay the smackdown on Herod, John flippantly threw in a "my followers will love it" and I was out after that.

Dallas Jenkins wanted to get the gospel out with the show, and no doubt many people will find themselves directed to the gospel...but many others are going to be led very much astray. His response when asked why he let a mormon direct showed pretty clearly that he had no idea what they believe.
BrazosDog02
AG
Nanomachines son said:

TAMUallen said:

While I appreciate the zeal and ****ting on the show, I have bad news for you. The entire storybook of the Bible is written by flawed men and since translated about 450 times. The fact any Christian can call out the chosen as being more or less accurate than the Bible is arrogant and funny to me.

Both are LOOSE representations at best.

Lets just be happy that the overall idea and historical perspective is likely pretty accurate. Save the thumping and high and mighty stuff for the preacher man or Bible study.

At this point we're just interpreting interpretations that have been interpreted by interpreters.
BrazosDog02
AG
LMCane said:

in a related story, Artificial Intelligence has determined that Jesus probably looked like this from the Shroud of Turin:

and guess what?

he was not a black African or a Arab- but actually someone who looked like an ancient Israelite.

Shocker to the American left!

So they used the the shroud of Turin to attempt creating a real historical figure? That doesn't make me warm and fuzzy.

Next time they can use Loch Ness to generate a dinosaur.

Crap in = crap out
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.