Catholic cathedral in Victoria attacked overnight

3,671 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More violence against Catholics being ignored.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live?ref=watch_permalink&v=1461280428022362
BaileyAg
AG
How stupid do you have to be to attempt to desecrate a house of God?
I Am A Critic
Rwanda says hello.
Username checks out.
normalhorn
Have no fear, if this were a Jewish Temple, the media would lead their broadcasts with it.

If it were a Mosque......well, they'd be pissing their pants to try to paint with the hate brush.

Highway6
AG
Damn MAGA people!
CDUB98
AG
normalhorn said:

Have no fear, if this were a Jewish Temple, the media would lead their broadcasts with it.

If it were a Mosque......well, they'd be pissing their pants to try to paint with the hate brush.

Yup.

This is where we are as a society. Any destruction aimed at Christians, especially white ones, is perfectly acceptable because of "muh history."
Velvet Jones
AG
Our Lady of Victory, Pray for us!

ts5641
Need to determine whether or not the church was displaying a pride flag to know if there will be concern.
Athanasius
AG
TxTarpon
Victoria Advocate makes this story premium content.

Meanwhile in Louisiana:
[url=https://www.katc.com/news/st-landry-parish/priest-attacked-with-machete-at-melville-church][/url]
Quote:

UPDATE: Suspect charged with hate crimes after machete attack on Melville priest
The incident occurred at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church on July 13, 2023, between 6 and 7 pm, when the suspect approached the priest and asked for food. However, after the priest denied the request, witnesses reported that the suspect launched a machete attack.
--------------------------
The suspect was apprehended and is now in custody. Johnny Dwayne Neely, 58, of Palmetto, has been charged with attempted second-degree murder, hate crimes, home invasion and a bench warrant.
Gee whiz this heat is causing crazy to come out.
Owlagdad
TxTarpon said:

Victoria Advocate makes this story premium content.

Meanwhile in Louisiana:
[url=https://www.katc.com/news/st-landry-parish/priest-attacked-with-machete-at-melville-church][/url]
Quote:

UPDATE: Suspect charged with hate crimes after machete attack on Melville priest
The incident occurred at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church on July 13, 2023, between 6 and 7 pm, when the suspect approached the priest and asked for food. However, after the priest denied the request, witnesses reported that the suspect launched a machete attack.
--------------------------
The suspect was apprehended and is now in custody. Johnny Dwayne Neely, 58, of Palmetto, has been charged with attempted second-degree murder, hate crimes, home invasion and a bench warrant.
Gee whiz this heat is causing crazy to come out.
City cops hate 80 degree nights.
Shoefly!
AG
This is my home church, I went to school there, my kids also. Four or five months ago there was a group of Antifa that showed up as kids were coming to school. They were cursing and yelling obscenities at the children. Bidens and Soros punks! I can't describe what I'd like to do to them!
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
I clicked this thinking it was going to be St. Mary's and the headline saying "Cathedral" was just inaccurate. They actually have two confederate flags in the stained glass on the front left side of the church. You know if something ever happens to those they will not be replaced.
Velvet Jones
AG
Shoefly! said:

This is my home church, I went to school there, my kids also. Four or five months ago there was a group of Antifa that showed up as kids were coming to school. They were cursing and yelling obscenities at the children. Bidens and Soros punks! I can't describe what I'd like to do to them!
I'm deeply sorry you and your children had to face that. Hopefully it strengthens your and their faith and devotion without giving in to anger.

Pray for those people - they need it.
Shoefly!
AG
MiniShrike said:

Shoefly! said:

I'm deeply sorry you and your children had to face that. Hopefully it strengthens your and their faith and devotion without giving in to anger.

Thanks!
Ciboag96
CDUB98 said:

normalhorn said:

Yup.

This is where we are as a society. Any destruction aimed at Christians, especially white ones, is perfectly acceptable because of "muh history."

"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

That should tell you why the left media mob is silent about violence against Christian churches but not against Jewish Temples and Muslim Mosques, or even LGBTQ things.

Because the Christian faith is the true faith. You're either with Christ or against Christ. Everything else is just different manifestations of anti-Christ.
Concentric circles
Ciboag96 said:

CDUB98 said:

normalhorn said:

Yup.

That should tell you why the left media mob is silent about violence against Christian churches but not against Jewish Temples and Muslim Mosques, or even LGBTQ things.

Because the Christian faith is the true faith. You're either with Christ or against Christ. Everything else is just different manifestations of anti-Christ.

Preach it brother! Lord Jesus can't come any sooner. I'm ready for him to burn the heathens so he can establish HIS kingdom on earth for us true believers.
Bryanisbest
AG
Concentric circles said:

Ciboag96 said:

CDUB98 said:

normalhorn said:

Yup.

Preach it brother! Lord Jesus can't come any sooner. I'm ready for him to burn the heathens so he can establish HIS kingdom on earth for us true believers.

For those putting Him to death on the cross while mocking, spitting and driving nails He prayed, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do." This also should be our prayer for those attacking His church today. He could have summoned 12 legions of angels to destroy them. He did not. Loving like He did is our only hope.
Not Coach Jimbo
Quote:

Melville Police Chief Phillip Lucas said the department is investigating the attack as a potential hate crime, and authorities reported Neely stated he "wanted to kill a black man today."

I think this will catch more traction as a hate crime...
Shoefly!
AG
normalhorn said:

Well to be fair the Mosque in Victoria got burned down about 4 years ago, and the Jewish Temple has been painted on several times with swastikas and hate messages. So I'd say we're a hotbed of Hateful Sadsacks!
Urban Ag
AG
My Papa Urban did two things professionally. He flew aircraft for the Army Air Corps and then the Air Force and killed a lot of America's enemies. His other profession was building churches. There are over a dozen churches in South/Coastal Texas that he built that are on the Texas historical registry. Our family is from Victoria. That was where my Papa's small construction company was based and where my parents grew up.

Anyone have the exact name of the church that was attacked?
Shoefly!
AG
Our Lady of Victory Cathedral. My father and your Poppa were friends. My father was a co-owner of a glass company in town. Coincidentally, I worked for your Poppa and Uncle when I was attending Victoria College. My sons played football with your cousins.
Urban Ag
AG
Shoefly! said:

Our Lady of Victory Cathedral. My father and your Poppa were friends. My father was a co-owner of a glass company in town. Coincidentally, I worked for your Poppa and Uncle when I was attending Victoria College. My sons played football with your cousins.
I have to head out for the day with my boys. I will buy stars again later today and send you a PM.

Wow. Have a great day.
Athanasius
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
MiniShrike said:

Shoefly! said:

Yeah, pray for them.

And remember, as was said during the American Revolution, "In God we trust, but keep your powder dry."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.