What would you call it? Infantilism?

1,456 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by JohnLA762
Robert L. Peters
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you feel less trusting of the people in power? The people in bureaucracies? The guy flying your plane? I'm not talking about nefarious actors, I mean incompetence.

I just feel that things just don't run like they used to. A lot of the slack is made up by technology, but to me, it just seems everything is a bit substandard.

We used to have serious people that we trusted. Maybe I'm getting older and don't trust the whippersnappers.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Burrus86
AG
I've gotten more cynical of most everything as I age. Of course, reading F16 throughout the day contributes to my cynicism. On the other hand, I trust this forum for most of my news. I'd call it an awakening, and I am less trusting/more skeptical of others and their intentions.
Logos Stick
Older white dudes are dying and retiring.

Some of that expertise is being replaced by the Hispanics, but mostly in manual labor type skilled areas, for example brick laying, roofing, framing. Hispanics pretty much own those spaces now.
Bird Poo
AG
Glad I no longer work in the chemical plants
DrEvazanPhD
I think a lot of the problem is this idea that single moms can raise children as well, if not better, than two-parent households with a man in the house. A lot of life skills, particularly hands-on skills, are taught to kids by their fathers. You've now got a generation of kids that don't have those skills.
DallasAg 94
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yes, I've become more cynical and less trusting
Pizza
DallasAg 94 said:

Everything Brandon touches becomes substandard.

Look at his children to see how he cares for things.

He sold the driveway to access his house, for crying out loud.

We still have more downturn to come as he continues to Lord over us.

I haven't seen too many clips of Biden in the 80's - 90's but his comments I saw on a video posted here where he was claiming "I bet I have a higher IQ than you, I earned 3 degrees in only 123 credits?" - Some similar number I think I'm +/-5

To watch him stand up there and recite lie after lie in the manner he did shows that he never cared much for Truth. He only cares about being just smart enough to understand the means to obtain power...and he has the will to use whatever means are necessary to obtain power.

ETA: he did a good job portraying himself as Simple Joe the guy who gets you! That definitely worked, but it was also a lie.
JohnnyStatueNow
AG
Everything during COVID opened my eyes completely. Media, physicians, government, some friends. Showed me their true colors and now I look at all of it with a high level of distrust. I don't know how you could be a rational person, experiencing everything over the past few years and not be cynical of certain entities.
Olin's Illegitimate Son That He Doesn't Know About
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
america used to promote exceptionalism

america now promotes diversity equity and inclusion

big difference.
TexAgs91
AG
Yes. Skills are no longer prioritized. In a big slap in the face to MLK, the dems have prioritized the color of your skin as well as what's between your legs. None of which has anything to do with flying planes, managing our energy sector (Sam Brinton) or our transportation industries (Pete B), safeguard our constitution (Sotomayor, Kagan, Ketanji Jackson), etc.

Plus in congress we have
Sheila Lee
Fetterman
Hank Johnson
AOC
Omar
Pressley
Tlaib

and to top it all off, we have a vegetable "leading" the country
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
EclipseAg
AG
There is a deep, pervasive malaise impacting us.

Our systems don't work. People don't care. Our leaders openly mock us and spend their time on Twitter "owning" the opposition.

We see the breakdowns, mostly small, happening all over. And we shrug. But social decline follows Hemmingway's Law of Motion: "It happens slowly, then all at once."
safelightKL
People in power used to hide the truth if it was uncomfortable. Now, they just lie to your face. When you are told to accept a known lie as the truth, you lose confidence in the liar.

Men and women are not the same. A man cannot become a woman. Homosexuality is disordered (it contradicts and subverts the normal and natural use of the sexual reproductive system). There are differences between races (Asians, on the whole, have higher IQs than other races and commit fewer crimes in the United States). All of these things were previously acknowledged, or at worst, not discussed in polite circles. Now liars demand we accept their lies as the truth, thus a loss of all confidence in anything the liar claims.

You must accept these lies: Men and women are the same. A person can change their sex. Same sex relations are the same as male-female complementary relations. All races are identical in terms of cognitive ability and crime.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

There is a deep, pervasive malaise impacting us.

Our systems don't work. People don't care. Our leaders openly mock us and spend their time on Twitter "owning" the opposition.

We see the breakdowns, mostly small, happening all over. And we shrug. But social decline follows Hemmingway's Law of Motion: "It happens slowly, then all at once."
Very well stated and I've also felt this way for a couple of years now. The level of "give a damn" has plummeted across every industry.
CDUB98
AG
I'm pretty much stating the obvious, but I trust almost nobody outside of family and have been cynical for decades already. Progressives have just made it worse.

They are so hellbent on destroying the life of anyone who does not boot step to their religion that I/we absolutely cannot trust them.
Ag87H2O
AG
Logos Stick said:

Older white dudes are dying and retiring.

Some of that expertise is being replaced by the Hispanics, but mostly in manual labor type skilled areas, for example brick laying, roofing, framing. Hispanics pretty much own those spaces now.
Some days it feels like we are living in a real life Atlas Shrugged. The producers and innovators that know how to make the world run are slowly either retiring, dying, or calling it quits because they're tired of the fight and have what they need to be comfortable - and are being replaced by individuals that simply don't have the talent, ability, or drive to maintain the production or standards of their predecessors.

MouthBQ98
AG
There have been a number of social shifts occurring simultaneously that seemed to have empowered and emboldened human stupidity and ignorance such that it can be manipulated and exploited by those positioned and willing to do so. Our access to confirmation biased information and selective association empowered by the internet and social media has given many new groupings a sort of power of solidarity such that they feel they can selectively create and operate within their own realities. These various groups choose to believe what they want to believe is true, find the bits of information needed to confirm it, and dismiss conflicting information as untruth, and are able to operate in gross error due to often being enabled and protected from the consequences of their errors by various institutions all too happy to exploit them in the exchange.

We live in a horrifying time where we are gradually "domesticating" ourselves as a species, including all the mental and physical softening that results. We are gradually bringing about dystopian totalitarianism through a collective desire for more security and to escape the consequences of existing in the real world as much as we can via self delusions.

It really is an amazing and alarming time to live in. The old back handed curse as it was is "may you live in interesting times."
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
JohnnyStatueNow said:

Everything during COVID opened my eyes completely. Media, physicians, government, some friends. Showed me their true colors and now I look at all of it with a high level of distrust. I don't know how you could be a rational person, experiencing everything over the past few years and not be cynical of certain entities.
Same.
#FJB
JohnLA762
AG
OP, always:

It usually works out well for me, but watching over the pilots shoulders at altitude really pissed them off for some reason…
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.