TCU Class on the Queer Art of Drag, Requires Students to Create "Drag Persona"

2,148 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Texas Christian University (TCU) offered a course in the spring semester of 2023 titled, "The Queer Art of Drag," which requires students to develop a drag persona and "engage queer theories in relation to performance practice."

<snip>

In the second week of classes, students will read texts like "The Gender Binary is a Tool of White Supremacy" by Kravitz Marshall and "How Drag Villains Became the Far Right's Ultimate Villains" by Colleen Hamilton.

Other curriculum readings and videos include "Drag pedagogy: The playful practice of queer imagination in early childhood" by Harper Keenan and Lil Miss Hot Mess, "Drag Kids" and "Queer Childhoods and Drag Race" by Mary Zaborskis.

Students will also learn and watch about the "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence," which was at the center of blowback after the LA Dodgers' honored the activist drag queen troupe at its annual pride night celebration.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-christian-university-offers-queer-art-drag-course-requiring-students-create-drag-persona

TCU should remove the Christian from their name. They have not been that in a long time and this just confirms it.

It also proves once again that these people pushing this really are looking for sexual access to children just based on the material used in the class.

That said, who the hell would take this class other than freaks already into that stuff?
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TxTarpon
This is the ultimate fluff course.

Anyone who signs up for this and finances their education through debt is THE BIGGEST DUMB BUTT EVER.
Bonus Hole
Texas A&M offers a Minor in LGBTQ+ Studies

Nothing shocks me
RAB87
AG
We must protect the children from these Democrat groomers, perverts, and pedophiles.
Tramp96
Rapier108 said:

TCU should remove the Christian from their name.

They pretty much have.

They hardly ever refer to themselves as Texas Christian anymore. They will use "TCU" 99% of the time now instead.
Bonus Hole
https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/arts-and-sciences/sociology/lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender-queer-studies-minor/
TxTarpon
AgsOnDeck said:

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/arts-and-sciences/sociology/lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender-queer-studies-minor/
Rapier108
AgsOnDeck said:

Nothing shocks me
Yes, it has been discussed on F16.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Maroon Dawn
AG
Not agreeing with it but if you voluntarily signed up for that specific course with that name, how could this be a surprise?

Also, despite the mandatory DEI stuff at every university these days, TCU is still very conservative overall. I'd honestly be shocked if there were more than 2 people in this course and I'll bet both are actually females so it would actually be hilarious to see two chicks pretend to be guys pretending to be chicks.
Bonus Hole
Rapier108 said:

AgsOnDeck said:

Nothing shocks me

You mad bro?
Rapier108
I posted it due to the material they were using.

Drag pedagogy: The playful practice of queer imagination in early childhood
Lil Miss Hot Mess, "Drag Kids"
Queer Childhoods and Drag Race
Rapier108
AgsOnDeck said:

Rapier108 said:

AgsOnDeck said:

Nothing shocks me

You mad bro?
No, why would I be?
B-1 83
AG
I guess you know what you're in for when you sign up
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
CanyonAg77
AG
My Drag persona:

AgGrad99
AG
Texas Tech and UNT have classes on Witchcraft. UNT has it under womens studies.

We have jumped the shark with education.
Maroon Dawn
AG
It's all a feature rather than a bug

Oh you're a mediocre HS student who shouldn't be in college to begin with? Well thanks to government education policy, we can get you 300k in debt for 5 years of fun and a worthless "studies" degree!

It won't actually get you a good job but it will make you literally indebted to us for the rest of your life so you'll have no choice but to vote for us so we keep your loan "paused"

No! Not forgiven! That would give away our leverage over you serf…er "citizens"! So instead we'll just keep them paused but only as long as we are in power so you'll HAVE to vote for us!
88planoAg
AG
RAB87 said:

We must protect the children from these Democrat groomers, perverts, and pedophiles.
They are adults.
Daddy
AG
I'm sure they took the knee for funding.

Here's your 30 pieces of silver

What's tcu church of christ?
Maroon Dawn
AG
88planoAg said:

RAB87 said:

They are adults.

Only when it's convenient for Democrats

When you remind them they are adults who made a financial agreement, suddenly they're children again who simply aren't developed enough to understand simple interest or paying back a loan
Gaius Julius Bevo
TCU charges $28,565 per semester. Assuming 15 semester hours and if this class is 3 credits, this class costs $5712 and change. Seems kinda "stiff" for what you're getting.

Who the hell thinks this is a good use of money?!
Tramp96
AgGrad99 said:

Texas Tech and UNT have classes on Witchcraft. UNT has it under womens studies.

We have jumped the shark with education.

Tech reversed course on said course.

Tech cancels Witchcraft course

Now, it does appear it is in the HIST department, so depending on how the content and focus, it might not have been inappropriate if it was solely looking at the history of witchcraft and black magic in western society or something along those lines. I could also see it being an appropriate course in a religious studies curriculum, when you are surveying from an anthrological standpoint what people consider to be a "religion".

But as we all know with liberal faculty, probably wasn't the case.
AggDogg61
Gives a new meaning to Horny Toad Lizard.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The C is for cocaine
ts5641
I used to think SMU should remove the Methodist from their name, but that's actually what the Methodist church is now so it tracks.
richardag
Rapier108 said:

I posted it due to the material they were using.

Drag pedagogy: The playful practice of queer imagination in early childhood
Lil Miss Hot Mess, "Drag Kids"
Queer Childhoods and Drag Race
That is disgusting and no school should be teaching methods used to groom children.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
richardag
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

TCU charges $28,565 per semester. Assuming 15 semester hours and if this class is 3 credits, this class costs $5712 and change. Seems kinda "stiff" for what you're getting.

Who the hell thinks this is a good use of money?!

Horror clowns TERRORISING children across Britain: Cops warn masked nutters to BACK OFF
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Waffledynamics
AG
Sounds par for the course, literally.
TAMUallen
AG
TCU and SMU are importing freaking liberal Californians by the thousands each year and polluting Texas
E_TX_Ag12
TCU is Disciples of Christ affiliated.

Everyone I've met who attends a Disciples of Christ church is a homosexual, so I guess this fits.
TxSquarebody
Dixie Normus
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Please quit sending your children to universities unless you're willing to research every damn course
And educator they take in the curriculum.

-Retired professor
"If I told you we would beat texas you would say I was braggin'. If I told you we won't beat 'em, I'd be lyin' to you". -Texas A&M Head footbal coach Emory Bellard's response to a reporter before the game, 1975.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.