Liberty County - Illegal immigrant settlement

18,459 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Gator92
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?

any of you live nearby and heard anything about this?
TAMUallen
AG
Liberals **** everything up
RebelE91
AG
You can see it on a Google Earth close to Plum Grove. It's like 25 square miles and growing-
Ag87H2O
AG
Whoever the State Representative and Senator is from this area should have been raising hell and putting a block under it in the legislature this past session. The Governor's office needs to be flooded with calls to see if there is anything that can be done in a special session to stop it in its tracks.

This is akin to building a mid-sized city overnight on the doorstep of Houston. It's bulls***.
TAMUallen
AG
Who will police this? Is it a sheriff's area?
Logos Stick
I've heard they even have their own quasi government.

Great Replacement folks!
Gator92
AG
This has been discussed here before, but here is a recent article from CIS.

https://cis.org/Report/Americas-Public-Schools-Canaries-Coal-Mine-Biden-Border-Crisis

Interesting thing that the article cites is that Cleveland ISD's tax rate has actually decreased despite all the bonds that have been passed since 2012.
one safe place
It is a cesspool and it will get worse. There was a thread or two on here about all the problems, some missing documents, and the nature of the development. Cleveland ISD is going to go to hell though I am not sure how far a journey that would have been to begin with, but the burden of a bunch on Spanish-speaking kids and the bilingual teachers that will require is hard to fathom. They likely will not assimilate well, they are bringing Mexico to Texas.

Much of southeast Texas has been overrun by those south of the border, even without the colonias. Around half of many schools are comprised of Hispanics now. These large pockets of illegals with further skew those figures. We might have won at San Jacinto but had no idea we would eventually lose the war. The invasion is ongoing.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Where the hell is Gov. Abbott on this? AG? (this was a serious problem before the impeachment) Does the developer carry so much clout that he can continue to skate as an illegal alien slumlord?
one safe place
P.H. Dexippus said:

Where the hell is Gov. Abbott on this? AG? (this was a serious problem before the impeachment) Does the developer carry so much clout that he can continue to skate as an illegal alien slumlord?
A couple of years ago, supposedly there was an investigation to be done over some irregularities. Wayne Dulcefino was involved in the investigation. A rain caused flooding and Dulcefino requested record regarding drainage and the county had to admit several reports pertaining to drainage were missing. The suspicion was the drainage analysis reports and soil types were not above board so that the developer did not have to do as much ditching and detention (more money to have to spend plus more land that could not be sold to illegals since it would be used for drainage). Due to the size of this cesspool, it was thought drainage issues might also impact Harris County. The county engineer who signed off on the reports was named Bergman. At the time of the announcement, his daughter had just become the new DA for the county.

I never heard what became of the investigation, most likely it is still "ongoing" which likely translates into "we aren't really looking, just biding time so that hopefully this just goes away". This thing, due to its immense size, involves a lot of money. It would not surprise me if some of that money lined the pockets of more than a few people that hope the truth never comes out. Always been that way in county and city politics, only the numbers are much larger now than when I was a boy.

Captain Pablo
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Whoever the State Representative and Senator is from this area should have been raising hell and putting a block under it in the legislature this past session. The Governor's office needs to be flooded with calls to see if there is anything that can be done in a special session to stop it in its tracks.

This is akin to building a mid-sized city overnight on the doorstep of Houston. It's bulls***.

The State Rep is A&M grad Ernest Bales '04

Senator is Robert Nichols
Captain Pablo
AG
This disaster is on the commissioners and a developer

2017 article

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/cleveland/news/article/Commissioners-split-vote-supports-MMD-in-Colony-10978524.php
MouthBQ98
AG
They'll argue they don't choose who attempts to buy there. That place must be churning out illiterate young us citizens. Tough to assimilate if it's basically Central America
TexAgs91
AG
This was discussed at the GOP convention last summer. If we ever get control of this country, this area needs to be surrounded by National Guard and they need to apprehend as many as possible and deport them to Isla de los Estados

I identify as Ultra-MAGA
TRADUCTOR
Toon town with a littering problem. And crime.
CDUB98
AG
Glad to know Texas is allowing our very own favelas to spring up and decimate the environment, overrun the schools, and place a crushing burden on the infrastructure.

All this just so a few, greedy *******s make some money.
Jason C.
AG
CDUB98 said:

Glad to know Texas is allowing our very own favelas to spring up and decimate the environment, overrun the schools, and place a crushing burden on the infrastructure.

Obligatory recitation of the TexAgs Creed: "Yeah baby, free market at work; you don't like it, move to Russia!1!"
TxTarpon
TAMUallen said:

Liberals?
Use a mirror.
It is us that let this @#%@#$ happen.

When Warren Jeffs showed up did we didn't arm ourselves and embargo his pedo compound telling him that this is OUR state, not HIS state and he and his brood need to leave by sundown.

When the ChiComs showed up did we arm ourselves and embargo their slave proceeds purchased land tell them that this is OUR state, not YOUR state and to leave. Maybe we should have handed them a little red book like Mao had that says "Leave" on every page.

No this BS where someone will profit as a slum lord.
Name the owner, his familia, what else he owns.
CDUB98
AG
Jason C. said:

CDUB98 said:

Obligatory recitation of the TexAgs Creed: "Yeah baby, free market at work; you don't like it, move to Russia!1!"
If the developers are getting to skirt around environmental regulations around flooding, and helping aid illegal immigration, I'm not sure the "free market" is at work. More along the lines of cronyism.
fka ftc
The flooding problem will be absolutely huge next major rain event. That land is utterly flat. You cannot dig ditches and retaining ponds deep enough nor enough of them to get around elevating homes. And generally these slums do not elevate when constructing their lean-to's.

Never fear, the US government will come in later to provide more appropriate housing using your tax dollars.

And this results from an open boarder and nothing else. That lays squarely at the libs feet.
one safe place
fka ftc said:

The flooding problem will be absolutely huge next major rain event. That land is utterly flat. You cannot dig ditches and retaining ponds deep enough nor enough of them to get around elevating homes. And generally these slums do not elevate when constructing their lean-to's.

Never fear, the US government will come in later to provide more appropriate housing using your tax dollars.

And this results from an open boarder and nothing else. That lays squarely at the libs feet.
The flooding in the colonia and surrounding areas has happened with relatively small rainfall totals. Harris County will be impacted negatively if there is a rain event like with a tropical storm.

There are several YouTube videos that describe what is going on with Colony Ridge though none of them do justice to the squalor, partly due to the developer, partly due to the county folks looking the other way, and partly due to the type of people that have chosen to live there. It truly is the perfect storm, all of it made possible by the democrats letting anyone and everyone come into the country.

The Dulcefino videos are pretty good. It makes it pretty clear what is going on and that the county folks have no intentions of investigating anything. There is a reason for that, and I suppose that reason is the right people are being taken care of.
fka ftc
I would also be interested in knowing how big the existing colonias in South Texas have grown.

https://texasoag.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=1bc9c4f7b1da47dd8fc535fbd17dc060
fc2112
Gonna buy me a Dollar General in Cleveland.
one safe place
I am sure they have one or more in the area but will need way more than they have. We sold some property to Dollar General and they are good to deal with. After the deal closed, we called them Dollar Generous because they paid us ten times what the property was worth.
NoahAg
CDUB98 said:

Jason C. said:

CDUB98 said:

If the developers are getting to skirt around environmental regulations around flooding, and helping aid illegal immigration, I'm not sure the "free market" is at work. More along the lines of cronyism.
Then that is on the County Engineer and Commissioners Court. They're the ones who review plans and have oversight of development.

It's not a developer's job to enforce illegal immigration.

I actually drove through this neighborhood a couple years ago out of curiosity when I noticed it on GoogleEarth. Quite and impressive hood. Reminds me of the ghetto in Juarez, Mexico where I did some mission trips years ago.
Chef Elko
AG
Imagine a massive hurricane like Harvey hits the Gulf Coast and Biden does a photo op at Colony Ridge.

Seriously though, you look on Google Maps and can tell there are no drainage ditches and its all clear cut, zero trees. You can even see some standing water in pictures posted of the neighborhood. So I guess the plan was to build it super cheap for illegals and take zero responsibility? Tell them they can go to the appropriate authorities/govt and complain if they want?
Muy
AG
TAMUallen said:

Locusts
one safe place
Danwell Home said:

Imagine a massive hurricane like Harvey hits the Gulf Coast and Biden does a photo op at Colony Ridge.

Seriously though, you look on Google Maps and can tell there are no drainage ditches and its all clear cut, zero trees. You can even see some standing water in pictures posted of the neighborhood. So I guess the plan was to build it super cheap for illegals and take zero responsibility? Tell them they can go to the appropriate authorities/govt and complain if they want?
Yeah it was pretty much lowland to begin with. Much of it was wetlands. It is my understanding they began developing even more acreage to the north and it, too, is largely wetlands. What is suspected is that the company doing the soil testing fibbed about the soils so that less drainage and detention was needed. Anyone can guess who might benefit from that scenario. And now nobody can locate 15 or 20 of the drainage analysis reports that are missing. Anyone can guess who might benefit from there being missing reports pertaining to drainage.

And it will not take a hurricane like Harvey to be a major issue. The first flooding problem with Colony Ridge was with a 2" rain over a two-day period which is basically nothing. I have property about 60 miles from there and we got 46" of rain in just over 48 hours with Harvey and 22" or so with Tropical Storm Imelda. Did not flood with either, but the water near the property was much deeper than with Harvey, though less in total rainfall, since it occurred over far fewer hours.

If Colony Ridge got 8" to 10" of rain in a day or two, the mess is going to impact those not only in Colony Ridge but also around Lake Houston.

And the developing the property super cheap is apparently the goal, and selling it to people who are very unlikely to complain (many of them are illegals) is genius. In fact, Trey Harris has publicly stated the type of people they are selling to, at least in the initial development. The complaints have been by those outside Colony Ridge whose flooding and roads and traffic are impacted by what is going on in Colony Ridge.

I would guess that the lots are sold on a contract for deed basis and I have read they cost around $30,000 each and carry a 12% interest rate. What a deal!
LarryEF
It'snot a matter of them knowing or not knowing what's going on, it is a matter of money and no longercaring about what is right and wrong. Abbott has also sold out.
Mary Bailey
Jason C. said:

CDUB98 said:

The free market doesn't mean you can break the law.
oysterbayAG
AG
Doesn't Liberty County have any Building Codes ? Zoning Laws ?
fka ftc
oysterbayAG said:

Doesn't Liberty County have any Building Codes ? Zoning Laws ?
Most counties do not or are VERY rudimentary.

We've built in 25+ counties in Texas both inside and outside of municipalities. Craziest are Houston (Harris Co), Galveston (Galv Co) and Shoreacres (Harris Co).

As far as counties not in a city aka unincorporated, even Harris County has very few procedures and requirements for building a house.

Finally, Liberty County is notoriously corrupt. Following Ike, they had several housing programs / procurements that had to be redone and I believe a commissioner or two was ushered out.
Ag CPA
AG
Liberty County is the armpit of Texas, let them congregate there.
zephyr88
AG
Liberty County... apathetic, but RED county full of white folks.

Infuse it with 75,000 new voters and watch out.

https://www.libertyelections.com/Results-Statistics/Election-Results
Gator92
AG

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.