Kevin McCarthy Calls for Immediate Expulsion of Adam Schiff

8,937 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Some Junkie Cosmonaut
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Won't happen, but maybe the Republican party is starting to grow some semblance of a backbone.

CanyonAg77
AG
Better late than never
DallasAg 94
AGHouston11
AG
Better late than never I guess!

Hopefully it's true and they will not back down.
Viper16
AG
will25u said:

Won't happen, but maybe the Republican party is starting to grow some semblance of a backbone.

Schiff and few others need to be included!
fka ftc
He can be expelled from the Country and from Planet Earth and we would all be better for it.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Viper16
AG
fka ftc said:

He can be expelled from the Country and from Planet Earth and we would all be better for it.
Train Station
CanyonAg77
AG
Links aren't working

They were deleted, the latest isn't informative

fka ftc
And all open sessions of congress should occur under oath and with penalty of perjury that includes removal from office.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
fka ftc
Cole Hauser v Schiff. I like it.

Lil Adam can talk about the time he was in a play in college and how he wanted to be an actor until the US House came calling.

will25u
CanyonAg77 said:

Links aren't working
They deleted and reupped the tweet. Reposted above.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Now we need EVERY Republican politician repeating that message until it happens. Everyday all day.
CanyonAg77
AG
Looks like McCarty's actual statement isn't as damning

TheEternalPessimist
will25u said:

McCarthy is growing on me.

He has honored about 90% of his promises to the Freedom Caucus so far.

I stand corrected -- at least at this point.
TxTarpon
Send him home!
Send him home!
Send him home!

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
YouBet
AG
Viper16 said:

fka ftc said:

Train Station

Helicopters work well.
Irish 2.0
What needs to happen, and I even hate to say this, is Trump needs to sue him for libel and defamation. Trump can easily make a legit claim that it caused him financial and reputational damage beyond the scope of his celebrity status.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has called for the immediate expulsion and possible prosecution of Rep. Adam Schiff for committing crimes of treason against the United States.

Be still, my heart.
Burrus86
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

What needs to happen, and I even hate to say this, is Trump needs to sue him for libel and defamation. Trump can easily make a legit claim that it caused him financial and reputational damage beyond the scope of his celebrity status.

Be sure to pick a red state, though, to file the claim.
Irish 2.0
Burrus86 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Be sure to pick a red state, though, to file the claim.
Done. Trump's residence is FL now.
PatriotAg02
AG
The Schiff family has a history and it ain't friendly to America.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Viper16 said:

fka ftc said:

Train Station

CanyonAg77
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

The Schiff family has a history and it ain't friendly to America.
Go on....
Burdizzo
AG
TxTarpon said:

Send him home!
Send him home!
Send him home!

Do they have a shirt that says Go Nadler?
Sims
AG
Burdizzo said:

TxTarpon said:

Send him home!
Send him home!
Send him home!

Tarps maybe
fka ftc
Irish 2.0 said:

Cannot be sued. Will claim speech & debate cause and the Westfall Act protect him from any consequence for lying to US citizens regarding baseless allegations against a sitting POTUS.

This is an area that must be addressed.

Hell, in the last 20 years members of both sides of the aisle called on upholding the speech & debate clause regarding an FBI investigation of a member of congress over shady business dealings.

Remember when Dems say "no one is above the law", they whisper "except us" under their breaths.

Trajan88
AG
Can he be sued for thing he's said outside the halls of congress? Say when he was interviewed by reporters... for newspapers or news shows on television?
Old May Banker
AG
While i applaud this, it's all political wrangling... if it were you or I we'd already be arrested getting a trial date.
VaultingChemist
AG

Maybe Schiff is one of the 30 that was recommended for indictment. McCarthy has probably seen the classified appendix.
Showertime at the Bidens

Expelling Adam Schiff shouldn't require any backbone. It should be common sense.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
He's the type that will squeal and rollover on everyone if we can get the heat on him.
fka ftc
Trajan88 said:

Can he be sued for thing he's said outside the halls of congress? Say when he was interviewed by reporters... for newspapers or news shows on television?
This is from Wikipedia but consistent with what I have heard prior. Yes, the immunity extends beyond the halls to press conferences, TV shows, etc.

They can absolutely lie without impunity. I will defer to any constitutional scholar who interprets otherwise, but I think Schiff is free and clear of any defamation claims - and that should spur folks to call for an immediate amendment to address this *****

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_or_Debate_Clause
Quote:

Wuterich v. Murtha: defamation actions arising from comments made in legislative role
In August 2006, U.S. Representative John Murtha was sued by U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sergeant Frank D. Wuterich, over statements that Murtha had made to reporters about the Haditha massacre,[21] an incident in Haditha, Iraq in which 24 civilians were killed after U.S. troops under Wuterich, a squad leader, opened fire.[22] (Wuterich was later court-martialed, and pleaded guilty to one count of negligent dereliction of duty in connection with the Haditha killings in a plea agreement with military prosecutors, following an investigation begun in March 2006.[22][23])

In his 2006 complaint, Wuterich sued Murtha, alleging that the congressman's comments to the press that the Haditha killings constituted "cold-blooded murder and war crimes" were defamatory and an invasion of privacy.[21][24] The remarks were made at a press conference and in a follow-up television interview.[25] Wuterich also sought to compel Murtha to sit for a deposition in the civil case.[26]

In 2007, U.S. District Judge Rosemary M. Collyer ruled that Murtha must testify in the defamation case; in response, commentators expressed concern that Murtha was acting as a lawmaker and was therefore protected by the Speech or Debate Clause.[25] Murtha appealed, arguing that because he was acting in his legislative role when making the comments he had immunity from the lawsuit under the Westfall Act.[27][28][29] The Westfall Act is a federal statute that "accords federal employees absolute immunity from common-law tort claims arising out of acts they undertake in the course of their official duties", and immunizes such employees by substituting the United States itself for the employee as defendant in a case.[29][30] In 2009, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled in Murtha's favor, accepting his argument that he was acting in an official capacity, concluding that he was immune from suit, remanding the case to the district court and ordering dismissal of the case for lack of subject-matter jurisdiction due to sovereign immunity.[31][29]

TxTarpon
Burdizzo said:

TxTarpon said:

Send him home!
Send him home!
Send him home!

close enough
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

TxTarpon
Founds yours
User name checks out

-BarronVonAwesome

Ag87H2O
AG
If anyone in Congress deserves to be impeached, Adam Schiff is at the front of the list. His lies did this country, the Congress, and the Presidency much harm.

I hope this buries him for good.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.