Liberals ruin everything

4,226 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dustin999
dustin999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watched A Man Called Otto Friday night. Unlike the book and the swedish version of the movie, they decided to make one of the characters trans, but not until you've made it an hour into the movie.

Also reading Power of the Dog book #3 by Don Winslow (great series until book 3). Apparently his TDS is so bad he had to fabricate a story about a reality show host turned president in 2016 who uses cartel money to fund his business ventures, loves to tweet, and wants to build a wall.

It's just so over the top. These people are horrible.

I guess I have to research everything I watch or read to figure out if it's going to be political? This is just too much.
techno-ag
AG
Water is wet.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

JohnLA762
AG
DapperDanMan
AG
On a side note, A Man Called Ove is an excellent movie.
Slava Ukraini!
dustin999
AG
DapperDanMan said:

On a side note, A Man Called Ove is an excellent movie.

Agreed, I read the book and saw the swedish movie several years ago.
CanyonAg77
AG
Uhhhh… I'm pretty sure one of the characters in the book "Ove" was gay
AnScAggie
AG
The Don Winslow thing is hard to fathom, he created such realistic cartel/drug violence and characters and story lines you'd think he would not be such a lib ****waffle.
dustin999
AG
gay != trans
CanyonAg77
AG
dustin999 said:

gay != trans

Okay, but it's not that big a switch
dustin999
AG
I mean I guess? To me, I feel like being gay has been pretty normalized but trans and the genital mutilation/hormone therapy part of it is another level for me.
Dies Irae
dustin999 said:

Watched A Man Called Otto Friday night. Unlike the book and the swedish version of the movie, they decided to make one of the characters trans, but not until you've made it an hour into the movie.

Also reading Power of the Dog book #3 by Don Winslow (great series until book 3). Apparently his TDS is so bad he had to fabricate a story about a reality show host turned president in 2016 who uses cartel money to fund his business ventures, loves to tweet, and wants to build a wall.

It's just so over the top. These people are horrible.

I guess I have to research everything I watch or read to figure out if it's going to be political? This is just too much.

The power of the dog series was fantastic even with the deranged third book.

Winslow is probably the biggest disconnect between how much I love his writing and how much I dislike him
CanyonAg77
AG
Okay. But having read the book, I knew two of the characters were gay guys that married. If that bothered me, I would have avoided the movie.

I liked the book, I rolled my eyes at the pro-gay and pro-immigrant stuff and enjoyed the rest.

I get tired of being preached at by leftists. If I wanted to be preached at, I'd buy a book of sermons or Karl Marx
Philip J Fry
AG
dustin999 said:

I mean I guess? To me, I feel like being gay has been pretty normalized but trans and the genital mutilation/hormone therapy part of it is another level for me.

Nothing normal about being gay. There, I said it.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
dustin999
AG
I guess that's kinda how it was for me. I didn't mind the gay stuff in the book and original movie, I mean yeah whatever, it is what it is. But they had to elevate it up another level as if being gay wasn't enough, and trying to make it appropriate for the times to be woke and drive the agenda since the new battleground appears to be transgender stuff.
CanyonAg77
AG
Thinking about your comments more, i see your point a bit more

Two years ago, they would have simply left tbe characters as gay. But since Trans is the cause of the day, they 'upgraded' to be even more woke

Typical Hollyweird pamdering. Three yeRs ago they would have thrown in a BLM female romancing an Antifa guy
dustin999
AG
Yes exactly, it's this constant pandering for some woke liberal agenda goal instead of creating art and an experience.

It used to be that movies, sports, and entertainment brought us together while giving us a chance to forget about politics.
deddog
AG
Watched a show (maybe Dan Brown series? Started with symbology. Followed the Nazi swastika with a Don't Tread On Me Flag. Stopped watching 5 min in.
A.G.S.94
dustin999 said:

Give it a little more time to become normalized and you will no longer be upset, I believe that is how all of this works?
mirose
AG
A.G.S.94 said:

dustin999 said:

Give it a little more time to become normalized and you will no longer be upset, I believe that is how all of this works?

This. It's the whole plan. What a sad statement that being gay has been normalized to you. Just watch how every commercial and tv show works it in. All you have to do is watch shows from the 90s and how being gay was not normal. Those shows wouldn't even be allowed to be on tv today. They give it to you in doses until it seems normal. Obviously it works.
Urban Ag
AG
Wife and I watched Otto the other night having little info on what it was about but I remember the commercials looked entertaining. I'm down for grumpy old white guy stuff.

Thought it was okay. Hanks was good. Supporting cast was pretty bland and stereotyped. The guy cast to play younger Otto was a terrible call and the wife was just too darn pretty to fall in love with a kind of dorky guy with no money or even a job at the time. Sorry if that's shallow but it's true just the same.

Honestly, I did not know this was based on a book or a previous film. It's damn near literally a re-boot of Eastwood's Gran Torino except just the hyper woke version. You can damn near replace every character and situation in Gran Torino with something from Otto.
TheEternalPessimist
techno-ag said:

Water is wet.
That depends on what the definition of 'WET' is.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Martin Q. Blank
You cannot watch a movie or TV series today without a token gay or trans person.
dustin999
AG
Ok let me elaborate on what normalized means, at least in the context of what I said, because it seems I didn't explain my position well.

I still have my own personal feelings and convictions in the matter. There's a reason I didn't take my kids to see the buzz lightyear movie.

But my point is this. I don't really care what 2 consenting adults do, it's none of my business. I do care when they start trying to brainwash my kids or bombard me with gay propaganda.

And I have a real problem with therapists and mental health professionals prescribing gender reassignment therapy to someone struggling with gender dysphoria as a first line defense. Not sure if it should be illegal or not, but imo it is highly unethical at a minimum. It's the equivalent of telling a fat person to go get lipo or a short person to get leg extensions.

So maybe "normalized" was a wrong choice of words. Instead what I should have said was, I've evolved on the issue. I'm not going to disassociate with someone just because they're gay.

My views on the LGB part of the alphabet soup are actually pretty complex and I'm just making a high level comment on this.
StockHorseAg
AG
The guy cast to play younger Otto is Tom Hanks son...
mirose
AG
StockHorseAg said:

Maybe I missed the whole post but if not this was the worst post of the night and you might as well have posted water is wet.
mirose
AG
dustin999 said:

Ok let me elaborate on what normalized means, at least in the context of what I said, because it seems I didn't explain my position well.

I still have my own personal feelings and convictions in the matter. There's a reason I didn't take my kids to see the buzz lightyear movie.

But my point is this. I don't really care what 2 consenting adults do, it's none of my business. I do care when they start trying to brainwash my kids or bombard me with gay propaganda.

And I have a real problem with therapists and mental health professionals prescribing gender reassignment therapy to someone struggling with gender dysphoria as a first line defense. Not sure if it should be illegal or not, but imo it is highly unethical at a minimum. It's the equivalent of telling a fat person to go get lipo or a short person to get leg extensions.

So maybe "normalized" was a wrong choice of words. Instead what I should have said was, I've evolved on the issue. I'm not going to disassociate with someone just because they're gay.

My views on the LGB part of the alphabet soup are actually pretty complex and I'm just making a high level comment on this.

You make no sense. You say you have a problem with having it shoved down your throat but that's exactly what they have done with the gay thing. Trans will be the same in short time with you. Well done. Their plan worked.
Urban Ag
AG
StockHorseAg said:

Still a bad decision, especially given the girl he marries.

Jinx
Thank you for starting my day off right

The thread title is great if you read it like a 12yo who didnt get the pony they wanted at their birthday party.
dustin999
AG
Okay so you're saying you do care what 2 consenting adults do? You and Dan Patrick wanna go peep into everyone's bedrooms or whatever, go ahead... I could care less.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.