Army Drill Instructors Shouldn't Yell or Scream Anymore

4,493 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Teslag
Krazykat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gen Z doesn't respond well to screaming. God help us if this is true.

Owlagdad
We see whatcthat policy has done to modern day football too.
96AgGrad
AG
Passive-aggressive drill sergeants. Throwing shade at all the new recruits.

UTExan
What are they supposed to do? Body shame them or gaslight them on InstaFace?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
titan
S

We are really relying on a lot of expensive high tech and equipment to somewhat make up the difference and do fighting for us in the future. But with these trends suspect will get clocked in the initial rounds of the first major next war despite all that. Gimmicks usually don't do the trick and the next one always starts with something out of the box rather than fighting the war you planned for.
APHIS AG
I entered Army Basic Training in 1976 and still remember it like it was yesterday to include my Drill Sergeants.

It is something that can never be forgotten.
Eliminatus
AG
APHIS AG said:

I entered Army Basic Training in 1976 and still remember it like it was yesterday to include my Drill Sergeants.

It is something that can never be forgotten.

If you have never caught a flying foot locker to the chest or choked out with a forearm (therefore bypassing hands on recruits), have you even lived???
Eliminatus
AG
Big Money Aggie said:

The saddest thing of all, is that this move was probably necessary on the macro level. I don't think most here truly realize how bad the recruiting situation is right now or what it truly means to our nation. It's bad. Just bad all around. And the pool of prospective recruits shrinks more and more every year. That is not hyperbole.

Ergo, we have to cater to what we can so we can push numbers. More than a few recruits wash out because of the "harshness" of basic training and can't handle it. This will keep more of them in. This is a rob peter to pay Paul move and it sucks for the future but to shore up numbers in the here and now…. This is a valid strategy IMO. As painful as it is to see. Stuff like this happens periodically to boost numbers. Standards ebb and flow to accommodate the overall numbers. I enlisted right after Fallujah II and the standards were being dumped across the board. Had to fill dead boots after all. So what if you have trouble counting to one hundred. Don't need that to hump a rifle across the sands. Then the USMC got its entire force chopped a few years ago and they were forcing people out over the smallest things that would have been laughed at a decade prior.

It's all about the numbers. Always has been.
Get Off My Lawn
titan said:

We are really relying on a lot of expensive high tech and equipment to somewhat make up the difference and do fighting for us in the future. But with these trends suspect will get clocked in the initial rounds of the first major next war despite all that. Gimmicks usually don't do the trick and the next one always starts with something out of the box rather than fighting the war you planned for.
Our saving grace remains geography. If our high tech stuff gets neutralized - we still are nearly impossible to invade for a hostile army because everything has to come by ocean or through Mexican choke points.

When you think of it - it's actually pretty funny that the country with the most powerful military is in such little (comparative) need of it.
WBBQ74
AG
When someday real fighting men/women are needed, there will be some very Non PC folks currently in the 'Don't Break Glass Unless Fire" boxes released pronto. Like a previous poster said, it's numbers. The future 'numbers' are going to be tragic. These current DoD pansies are going to get lots of kids killed.
LOYAL AG
AG
The force is increasingly reliant on tech as Titan noted but the other key element is special operators. While most of Gen Z is squarely in the "good times make weak men" category those that aren't are going to end up carrying the load for the rest of their peers as we rely on them more than we should.

As noted right now our geography is out greatest defensive weapon.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Ag_B_10
AG
Can we make the bullets, explosions, and enemies trying to kill our men a little more passive aggressive so not to hurt feelings?
Maroon Dawn
AG
You gotta be ****ing me

It's Basic COMBAT Training!

COMBAT is stressful

The enemy does not care that you are tired, or stressed or your feelings are triggered

If you don't want to die or get your buddies killed, you must perform at a high level of proficiency while under stress that will make a guy screaming at you and throwing trash cans seem like a day at Chuck E Chesse in comparison

At this point it's pretty clear the goal is to make our military more and more ineffective until they can justify scrapping it altogether so they can spend that money on leftist BS graft projects instead
MouthBQ98
AG
I don't have a problem with de-emphasizing it when it isn't useful to the training but there are going to be times when volume is necessary or is the best tool for the moment, such as a noisy environment, addressing large groups or instructing at a distance, or to emphasize a particular point. Removing a tool from the box entirely is stupid policy.
BAP Enthusiast
Eliminatus said:

Big Money Aggie said:

The saddest thing of all, is that this move was probably necessary on the macro level. I don't think most here truly realize how bad the recruiting situation is right now or what it truly means to our nation. It's bad. Just bad all around. And the pool of prospective recruits shrinks more and more every year. That is not hyperbole.

Ergo, we have to cater to what we can so we can push numbers. More than a few recruits wash out because of the "harshness" of basic training and can't handle it. This will keep more of them in. This is a rob peter to pay Paul move and it sucks for the future but to shore up numbers in the here and now…. This is a valid strategy IMO. As painful as it is to see. Stuff like this happens periodically to boost numbers. Standards ebb and flow to accommodate the overall numbers. I enlisted right after Fallujah II and the standards were being dumped across the board. Had to fill dead boots after all. So what if you have trouble counting to one hundred. Don't need that to hump a rifle across the sands. Then the USMC got its entire force chopped a few years ago and they were forcing people out over the smallest things that would have been laughed at a decade prior.

None of this matters, why would a white man go into the military now when there is zero chance he will be promoted and he will always have to work under less qualified minorities? I cannot imagine why any white family would push their sons to go into the military at this point. The country doesn't want them but it sure wants them to act as cannon fodder.
ABATTBQ87
AG
https://texags.com/forums/63/topics/2131016

No more smokey the bear hats at FOW?
Zobel
AG
no idea what reality of training policy is, but the dude in the OP video is about as intimidating as a wet fart and sounds like a moron. i had 19 year old pissheads who were scarier.
BQ78
AG
Sure because getting shot at or bombarded is way easier to take than someone yelling at you.

We really are soft as a society. My wife was reading to me from Next Door neighbor from ladies complaining that there was voter intimidation at our local early voting place. After getting quizzed enough the ladies admitted that they were talked to by campaign workers in the parking lot (like all of us were). But they were intimidated.
BurnetAggie99
Sure hope the Marine Corps holds tight on their basic training traditions.
AGHouston11
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

Eliminatus said:

Big Money Aggie said:

None of this matters, why would a white man go into the military now when there is zero chance he will be promoted and he will always have to work under less qualified minorities? I cannot imagine why any white family would push their sons to go into the military at this point. The country doesn't want them but it sure wants them to act as cannon fodder.

Exactly! Why would anyone want to sign up for woke crap show!

If you are a straight white male especially why would you ever want to enter this work crap show!

Discrimination is perfectly acceptable against white people in the military.

Teslag
AG
A friend of mine is a drill sergeant at Fort Jackson right now. Yes, they can still yell and be intimidating. It's just not pushed as the primary way to bring attention or drive training. The video is click bait.
Teslag
AG
On the enlisted side, being white will not affect promotion in any meaningful way since 2020.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.