Heavily Liberal biased The Atlantic calls Beto a Superstar Loser

2,592 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by IndividualFreedom
2012heisman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2022/11/beto-orourke-stacey-abrams-superstar-loser/671959/

Also says:

A meaningful defeat may be the most Abrams and O'Rourke can hope for: not so much superstar losers as losers with legacies. But losers have a special utility. Winners have to deal with the unglamorous minutiae of actual governance. They have to figure out how to translate campaign promises into concrete policies. They make mistakes, and people get disillusioned, and approval ratings decline. Losers are spared these indignities. Politically speaking, they don't survive long enough to let anyone down.

The Atlantic is saying that Beto being a loser is a good thing. Now that it looks like Beto is going to lose for a third time in 4 years they are saying that it is a good thing. Why are the bicoastal libs so obsessed with running cover for this man?
sleepybeagle
AG
Beto is the best thing that's ever happened for Texas Republicans. He's the gift that just keeps losing.

Beto might do better if he just printed yard signs and bumper stickers and then hid in his basement.
When he opens his mouth... he loses.

pagerman @ work
AG
Empirically speaking, Beto losing is absolutely a good thing. That empty dress never having anything approaching actual power in the state of Texas is definitely a good thing for the citizens of the state.

As to whether or not it is a good thing for the left writ large, that jury is still out. It will likely help them in the state to the extent that it will force them to find other candidates that aren't such proven losers and retreads.
HTownAg98
Beto is just biding time for the Castro brothers. They are much more radical than Beto, but much more polished. When they get in charge, it's over.
SMM48
AG
hahahaha. Well that's one way to look at it I guess. hahahahaha

"Winners have to deal with the unglamorous minutiae of actual governance. They have to figure out how to translate campaign promises into concrete policies. They make mistakes, and people get disillusioned, and approval ratings decline. Losers are spared these indignities. Politically speaking, they don't survive long enough to let anyone down. Unsullied by compromise, losers can be made into lodestars. Look at Goldwater or McGovern. Everyone, it turns out, can get behind a lost cause."

Gaius Julius Bevo
HTownAg98 said:

Beto is just biding time for the Castro brothers. They are much more radical than Beto, but much more polished. When they get in charge, it's over.
The white suburban women voters won't vote for the Castros. They don't have the looks of a Beto. Shallow but true.
Caliber
AG
Beto has always been a vote draw candidate. Not enough votes for him but enough to swing a whole lot of local elections blue in the past... That is the reason we have been stuck with dora in Houston.
FrioAg 00
AG
Beto and Abrams - it's amazing how these repeated losers have been able to stay in the spotlight despite never doing anything

Speaks to just how bad most Dem officials are - they struggle to find someone remotely likable
Tumble Weed
So the snowflake attitude is "who really wants to win? Winners actually have to work! Losers don't have to work and that is winning at life."
TexasAggiesWin
S
It's always easy to say what you would do if you were the person making the decisions.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Searched the article for the word, "grift".

No hits. Did not read.
CDUB98
AG
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

HTownAg98 said:

The white suburban women voters won't vote for the Castros. They don't have the looks of a Beto. Shallow but true.

They like the Butthead look?
93MarineHorn
They can finally admit this now that it's obvious Beto is going to lose. They weren't calling him this a few weeks ago even though he's been a superstar loser for years.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Tumble Weed said:

So the snowflake attitude is "who really wants to win? Winners actually have to work! Losers don't have to work and that is winning at life."
Well, when the participation trophy is a seat at the PAC contribution trough, can you blame them?
Gaius Julius Bevo
CDUB98 said:

Gaius Julius Bevo said:

HTownAg98 said:

Apparently. I've never seen so many middle-aged women swoon over him when he was running against Ted Cruz.
schwack schwack
AG
He has elf ears.
FrankK
AG
Perhaps The Atlantic could suggest amnesty for Beto being a loser?

Oh wait…
captkirk
AG
He's mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence
Trajan88
AG
Maybe The Atlantic can investigate/report how Beto earns a living... he has not had a real job since leaving Congress in 2019, right?

3+ years and no real paying job.

The allowance from the Mrs. must be huge.
elfurioso92
AG
Beto is the type of candidate that plays well nationally, specifically to the Dems fantasy of turning the state blue. His purpose is to keep the out of state money flowing into the war chests.
Tramp96
elfurioso92 said:

Beto is the type of candidate that plays well nationally, specifically to the Dems fantasy of turning the state blue. His purpose is to keep the out of state money flowing into the war chests.
He's a great candidate for dems...until he speaks.
TAMU1990
AG
This is how Beto makes a living - it's called grifting.

I think every statewide candidate should be made to post how much money they receive from out of state donors. Too bad there aren't any laws against politicians accepting out of state money. People who live in a state should decide their own governance. How quaint.
titan
S
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

CDUB98 said:

Gaius Julius Bevo said:

HTownAg98 said:

Apparently. I've never seen so many middle-aged women swoon over him when he was running against Ted Cruz.
Yes. But that goes to another factor -- the youth appeal ---- for 2024 people need to realize there is going to be a groundswell that doesn't want 70s/80s year olds running the WH and government. They have so thoroughly wrecked the present its a foreseeable backlash.

Incidentally, I believe Ted Cruz 2.0 would do better than the 2018 one.
FJB
AG
I always imagine Beto singing Beck's iconic "Soy un perdedor, I'm a loser baby...".

Fits him too.
Who is John Galt?

PCC_80
AG
TAMU1990 said:

This is how Beto makes a living - it's called grifting.

I think every statewide candidate should be made to post how much money they receive from out of state donors. Too bad there aren't any laws against politicians accepting out of state money. People who live in a state should decide their own governance. How quaint.
Yep, Beto is a Grifter. That is all. His Schtick is to run for office and lose while lining his pockets with lots of small donations that never quite got recorded in the campaign ledgers. He also always manages to not spend all the money in his campaign coffers by election day. He then lives off of his unspent campaign moneys while he is planning his next campaign.

Apparently he makes a very good living doing this. I suspect that Abrams is also pulling the same crap in Georgia.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Trajan88 said:

Maybe The Atlantic can investigate/report how Beto earns a living... he has not had a real job since leaving Congress in 2019, right?

3+ years and no real paying job.

The allowance from the Mrs. must be huge.

No job?

He ran for Senate against Cruz. He was paid from his campaign. He probably extended that campaign for as long as possible to continue to draw from those funds.

He then ran for President, likely moving funds from his Senate campaign over to the Presidential campaign. As soon as he announced, he was paid from that campaign. Once again, he extended that campaign as long as possible.

He then announced and ran for Governor, and was paid by that campaign.

What's sad (for him) is, he probably has about as much money in campaign funds as Obama had at one time yet he can't win a kindergarten popularity contest, but he can enrich himself and his family almost into perpetuity. I'm sure he's hired campaign finance lawyers to tell him what he can legally do with those funds. He'll probably become a campaign consultant, with a company set up by someone else, funded by -- you guessed it -- money from his own campaign!

At least until he finds something else to run for.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Garrelli 5000
AG
The Atlantic isn't wrong. Beta can be Uncle Rico for eternity.

Staff - take out the trash.
NoahAg
Even Abortion Barbie thinks Beto just needs to go away.
Let's go, Brandon!
IndividualFreedom
I took the time to turn the neighborhood Halloween walk with the kids into a political walk and talk. I handed out flyers that got all of us good guys on the same voting page. I got a ton of, I already voted and a ton of thumbs up. The responses that made me feel good were the, "I'm a democrat, but I am voting for Mealer and the Republican judges.".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.