US DIst Court finds bikini barista dress code unconstitutional

4,053 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://kuow.org/stories/court-says-everett-s-bikini-barista-dress-code-is-unconstitutional

Everett's dress code targeting bikini baristas is unconstitutional, according to the latest ruling on the issue, which has been working its way through the courts for years.

the U.S. District Court in Seattle found that the dress code violates equal protection clauses of the United States Constitution, as well as Washington state's constitution.

The city eventually passed a dress code ordinance for the coffee stands in 2017 that ordered workers to cover up. Baristas responded with a lawsuit, arguing that their clothing represents speech. A court paused Everett's dress code while the case continued.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Seattle sided with the city in 2019. Now, the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington has weighed in. It concludes the city's rules are unconstitutional.

And to let freedom ring, some random pics of bikini baristas

rocky the dog
AG
On the other hand...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Sea Speed
AG
I truly don't understand women's underwear. I could not function with something stuck between my ass cheeks like that all day.
C@LAg
Sea Speed said:

I truly don't understand women's underwear. I could not function with something stuck between my ass cheeks like that all day.
Sea Speed
AG
Old Sarge
AG
"Green" is the new RED.
C@LAg
Old Sarge said:

gkaggie08
AG
You don't have to understand, just sit back and admire the effort!
Pinochet
And this, ladies and gents, is how you Rule #1!
Saxsoon
AG
Pretty sure the bigger issue was the multi million dollar prostitution ring run out of these
TX AG 88
AG
Saxsoon said:

Pretty sure the bigger issue was the multi million dollar prostitution ring run out of these

for real?
kb2001
AG
Saxsoon said:

Kenneth_2003
AG
TX AG 88 said:

Saxsoon said:

for real?

At a minimum, day jobs for strippers and onlyfans promotion.
OnlyForNow
AG
Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all....
Saxsoon
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/woman-charged-running-multi-million-dollar-bikini-barista/story%3Fid%3D25190585
Sea Speed
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all....

I can hear it in my head perfectly.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Quote:

Saxsoon said:

for real?
Yeah, you don't waste talent like that on pouring coffee alone.
Cannew
AG
"Damn you sexy Flanders!!!"
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Saxsoon said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/woman-charged-running-multi-million-dollar-bikini-barista/story%3Fid%3D25190585
Wow!
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
CDUB98
AG
Great, if they're running a prostitution ring out of it, prosecute them for that, but rather than going after an actual crime on the books, they tried to shut down the free ability to dress as they see fit, within safety parameters.

It was a chicken**** way of trying to shut it down.
Roll the Bones
AG
Java Juggs!
SidetrackAg
AG
Roll the Bones said:

Java Juggs!
New TexAgs username right here
javajaws
AG
hmmm
Four Seasons Landscaping
Never been to one of these but their TIkTok lives used to show up and were fun to watch.

It hilarious listening to the old guys that'd stick around and chat WAYYY too long. So many of those schmucks tried to white knight them.
aginlakeway
AG
Saxsoon said:

The young women made anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000 a month, according to the documents. One girl allegedly made $89,000.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
HollywoodBQ
AG
aginlakeway said:

Saxsoon said:

The young women made anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000 a month, according to the documents. One girl allegedly made $89,000.
Nice work.
She deserves every penny of what she earned.

They didn't happen to post her OF screen name, did they?
ArmyAg97
AG
aginlakeway said:

Saxsoon said:

So, how did that work? Asking for a friend....
GeorgiAg
AG
Probably there were a lot of wives noticing their husbands were "really into coffee."
Tanya 93
Adult prostitution should not be illegal.

Chicks go out for an expensive dinner and show on a first date.

Have sex.

No one blinks.

But her getting 200 dollars from him for sex is wrong? He saves money and she doesn't have to pretend to have interesting conversation over dinner.
HollywoodBQ
AG
ArmyAg97 said:

aginlakeway said:

Saxsoon said:

So, how did that work? Asking for a friend....
I wonder...

At my old job,they had a policy of receipts not required for expenses under $25.

So, my manager would buy $20 Starbucks gift cards to hand them out to co-workers and customers.

I'm guessing this Barista could do a bang up business in $20 gift cards. And guys at the right corporate businesses could even expense it. Win-Win
HollywoodBQ
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Have sex.

No one blinks.

But her getting 200 dollars from him for sex is wrong? He saves money and she doesn't have to pretend to have interesting conversation over dinner.
between this one and the beisbol thread, you're on a roll of correctness today.

When Tanya's right, she's right.
Throwout
AG
I'm ready to vote for you when you run for office!
RoadkillBBQ
CDUB98 said:

Great, if they're running a prostitution ring out of it, prosecute them for that, but rather than going after an actual crime on the books, they tried to shut down the free ability to dress as they see fit, within safety parameters.

It was a chicken**** way of trying to shut it down.
Prostitution should be Legal. It's a simple business transaction between consenting adults. Legalization would also help clean up the seedy side of the industry.
Tanya 93
HollywoodBQ said:

Tanya 93 said:

Have sex.

No one blinks.

between this one and the beisbol thread, you're on a roll of correctness today.

When Tanya's right, she's right.

I think being an old school liberal, I just do not give a frak about political correctness.

Life sometimes sucks because people suck. It has nothing to do with race. People are just *******s.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Have sex.

No one blinks.

But did she order the lobster bisque?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.