Media Openly Lying About Hurricane Activity

3,877 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AGHouston11
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Details from the NOAA in the tweet thread

MouthBQ98
AG
Maybe YouTube and Twitter should ban all these MSM accounts for multiple misinformation strikes.

Who are we kidding. Alphabet and Twitter are in on it.
TXAggie2011
AG
Power dissipation looks at the frequency, intensity, and duration of hurricanes and other tropical storms in the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean, and Gulf of Mexico. Its certainly trended up.

tk111
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Power dissipation looks at the frequency, intensity, and duration of hurricanes and other tropical storms in the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean, and Gulf of Mexico. Its certainly trended up.

1. This is a comically short period of time.

2. You have any idea how much both the interest and advancement in storm tracking and measurement has evolved since 1950?

3. Indexes...you better have good reason to lump the variables together and a well explained accumulation that proves you aren't doing the #1 most common thing done with indexes - creating a biased term to explain a desired outcome.
BCG Disciple
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Very odd de-coupling of the two over the last 15 years.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
let's be realistic what does the media not lie about anymore? it's all propaganda at this point i don't even know why we call them media anymore.
The Banned
tk111 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

2. You have any idea how much both the interest and advancement in storm tracking and measurement has evolved since 1950?

3. Indexes...you better have good reason to lump the variables together and a well explained accumulation that proves you aren't doing the #1 most common thing done with indexes - creating a biased term to explain a desired outcome.

This is my primary gripe. Just how well were we measuring these in the pre-satellite era? And how much more accurate are the readings with modern tech compared to that of 30-40 years ago?
Loren Visser
Over the last 7 days, there have been an inordinate amount of hurricanes
If the pay's right, and it's legal, I'll do it...Well, if the pay's right, I'll do it.
Maroon Dawn
AG
"The only solution is to surrender more of your power, freedom and money to the Democratic Party!"
TexasAggiesWin
S
Power Dissipation Index?

So, if you are going to use this 'index', what about the downward trend in the Eastern North Pacific? Just ignoring that to fit your narrative?

(Notice, this is why people cannot just simply 'trust the science', because the 'science' is being purposely manipulated to fit an agenda)
BusterAg
AG
I watched a documentary on Nolan Ryan this weekend.

It was showing that the technology gurus in the 70's were clocking Nolan Ryan's fastball at 100.9 mph.

40 years later, careful frame by frame analysis show that he was throwing the ball no slower than 107 mph on his fastest pitches, and probably a little over 108. That is a HUGE difference.

You will forgive me if I have some questions about time series data that compares data from the 1950's to the 2020's.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
agracer
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

LOL that anyone was tracking sea surface temperatures that accurately or as extensive 70 years ago as today …
Rydyn
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

I see a trend in the dotted blue line but where's the trend in the orange line?
TexAgs91
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

let's be realistic what does the media not lie about anymore? it's all propaganda at this point i don't even know why we call them media anymore.
They are media. They aren't news or journalists though.
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Kceovaisnt-
AG
If people like this guy keep posting stats and data that shows a downward trend in hurricane activity and damage costs, the left media will use this as evidence that climate change is destroying hurricanes and putting our water sheds in danger of depletion.

It's such an easy play to make.
TRADUCTOR
I need much scarier graphs to care. Plus dissipation sounds like weak ass factor compared to that huge flaming hot ball in the sky.
Secolobo
AG
Here's the one I love on the bottom of my weather app…

EskimoJoe
Dont question the $cience!
black_ice
TXAggie2011 said:

This is a bunch of horse shat
rab79
AG
The Banned said:

tk111 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

This is my primary gripe. Just how well were we measuring these in the pre-satellite era? And how much more accurate are the readings with modern tech compared to that of 30-40 years ago?
And exactly which locations are these readings from? I would bet dollars to donuts there is no consistency in sites at which these temps are recorded.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
The Banned
BusterAg said:

I watched a documentary on Nolan Ryan this weekend.

It was showing that the technology gurus in the 70's were clocking Nolan Ryan's fastball at 100.9 mph.

40 years later, careful frame by frame analysis show that he was throwing the ball no slower than 107 mph on his fastest pitches, and probably a little over 108. That is a HUGE difference.

You will forgive me if I have some questions about time series data that compares data from the 1950's to the 2020's.

Nolan Ryan's fastball became 7-8% FASTER!!! He's so old and hasn't pitched in decades. No wonder our hurricanes are so strong now.

Did I do statistics good?
HollywoodBQ
AG
Golfo de Mexico sea temp is almost 83F or 28C?

Weren't we all supposed to die around 24C?

Please show me where the average water temperature is 83F
https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/coastal-water-temperature-guide/egof.html
https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/coastal-water-temperature-guide/wgof.html
Ag_of_08
AG
The gulf was hot this year, we got really damned lucky all the other factors didn't line up.

Gulf has been hot other years, and spit hurricanes like ma deuce with a trigger happy jar head in charge.

All the weather data, which has only been tracked a short period of time, still misses things, and long range models are like political polls...... even the blind hog finds the acorn on occasion.

I still think El nino/la Nina cycles have a much greater effect, we just don't talk about those anymore cause it's not the hip thing. Hurricane activity has been cyclic like this for centuries though, even the Spaniards learned within 5-10 years when conditions where favorable/not.
BusterAg
AG
The fastball didn't get faster. The measurement technology got more accurate.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
tk111
AG
BusterAg said:

The fastball didn't get faster. The measurement technology got more accurate.
bruhhh
MouthBQ98
AG
Weather isn't driven by energy state.

Weather is driven by differentials and deltas. You need energy flow, entropy. If everything in a region is warmer, there may be smaller differences in that region and less flow from one state to another. There is less potential energy in the system locally because it has less opportunities for state change.

AGHouston11
AG
Check out Joe *******i - hurricane weather expert
Edit wow his name is actually censored- B a s t a r d i

He's gone private now and gets paid by corporations for actual real hurricane predictions etc.

He breaks these hurricane cycles down all the time. It's amazing the lies so called scientists get away with and the data is all there for anyone to look up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.