Clown World...Can Anyone Help Me Out Here???

1,104 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Moderator
Hammerly High Dive Crips
How long do you want to ignore this user?
*** The thread last night was locked and later removed because there was no attempt at political discussion, simply a drive-by post with no commentary, and the follow-on comments also were also inflammatory without any effort at substantive discussion. If you want to start a new thread on this topic with commentary on the political implications of the Instagram post, go for it -- Staff ***

This story, posted by head of Babylon Bee, is allowed to stand on liberal Instagram, but last night it was taken down twice on here. Not long after it was posted...and zero people crossed any lines...they just called it out for it's ridiculousness. And some were saying "Gender Queer" was way out of line for kids.

Just trying to get a grip on the rules...first thought was that maybe it was already posted by someone else, but I searched and searched and couldn't find a duplicate story on here. Is Texags really censoring this harder than liberal Instagram??? Please tell me I just missed a thread on this that still remains.

https://instagr.am/p/Ch9mtafO2MA

Rapier108
Sorry, I don't speak woket*** so no idea what they're trying to say.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MouthBQ98
AG
More like Ire. As in i DGAF about special snowflake pronouns. I can sort of figure them out in context but won't be attempting to replicate them.
Staff
Jumping in here to provide even more information. Our preference is for OPs to provide clarity around what they want their thread discussion to be about. When it comes to Twitter posts, etc. sometimes the posts coupled with a thread title makes it clear what the thread discussion should be about. Our preference is always to have the OP's take on what they are posting, so there is no ambiguity. When there is no take, but it's pretty clear, we will leave it up most the time, as already stated above. There is also the problem of threads quickly digressing from the posted topic. This happens most often when the OP does not provide enough of a "prompt" for people to respond to, so users will post whatever. This is a difficult type of thread to moderate. What is a thread derail in that case? What constitutes a trolling attempt when there really isn't a good OP to measure it against? These are all things, and many more, that the mod team must take into consideration when evaluating threads like this.

In the cases last night, there was ambiguity and eventually open hostility against moderation. Those cases will get locked or deleted every time. In the case here on this thread, you've made it less about the Time article and more about your accusations against moderation and the threads deleted last night. We will lock or delete threads like this. Today we have locked it in order for it to stay up and people to read these messages as reminders.

Please read or re-read the posting policies:
https://texags.com/terms

In particular:
Quote:

Moderator Actions
The forums at TexAgs.com are moderated because we feel that it is necessary to maintain the health of this community. The moderators at TexAgs.com have the ability to do a combination of three things when reacting to a post or other user action on the site. The moderator can:

• Remove or edit the post.
  • Warn the user that a post or subject has violated the User Agreement and Posting Policy.
  • The poster may have their posting privileges suspended for 1 hour, 3 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, or permanently. The length of the suspension is determined by the severity of the action, and/or the user's moderation history.
Posters that have been frequently moderated may be subject to longer suspensions per occurrence.
All questions and comments concerning moderation are to be directed to moderator@texags.com (please allow 48 hours for a response). It is our goal, through this resource, to provide clarity to our moderation actions per the details of this posting policy. Questions or critiques of moderation are not allowed within the forums and will result in the suspension of posting privileges.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.