Major Twitter whistleblower reveal

3,504 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by richardag
Nasreddin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Allegations of foreign intelligence influence. Massive data leaks. Lies upon lies to regulators and stockholders.

I would imagine Twitter gets dumped today.

This could explain the eagerness of Twitter to bury the Hunter laptop story. People are going to FPMITAP over this.

And I guarantee you that these types of occurrences are across the board of all types of social media. The oddities and corruption of moderation on Twitter and all social media platforms are about to be revealed.

Yes, it's cnn.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/23/tech/twitter-whistleblower-peiter-zatko-security/index.html
IslanderAg04
Well, Musk legal team did subpoena Dorsey. Where there's smoke there's fire.
Whirligigs
Nothing will happen.
Nasreddin
Posted at 7:49. Response by first two posters at 7:51. Tell me you didn't you read the article without telling me you didn't read the article.
Clob94
You have to wonder if Musk knew some of this and thus put the wheels in motion to "buy" twitter if only to expose them for the fraud they are.
I am always wrong
Whirligigs said:

Nothing will happen.

This
The Fife
I want to believe something will finally happen.
tk111
AG
Whirligigs said:

Nothing will happen.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Why do you expect people on TexAgs, or anywhere on the Internet, to read something?
aezmvp
Chances that bots are 40%+ of averages daily users?

High.
Nasreddin
Lol! That's probably the reason that we are in position that the world can be manipulated by tweets of what, 72 characters or less or something?
LGBFJB
AG
In
Caliber
AG
I would 100% not be shocked.

Even industries that pay a lot of attention to cyber security still experience significant issues at times.

The things we hear out of twitter employees don't instill much confidence that they would be strict on cyber security.

Also, Nothing is going to come from this... Swept under the rug.
Shooter McGavin
AG
Nasreddin said:

Posted at 7:49. Response by first two posters at 7:51. Tell me you didn't you read the article without telling me you didn't read the article.
Are you the only person on the planet with access to the article? Perhaps they read it before you did?
J.P. 03
AG
aezmvp said:

High.
I would take the Over on this one, personally.
Nasreddin
Good point.
oh no
AG
Nasreddin said:

try posting a non fake news link.

no one trusts cnn and no one wants to give them clicks.
nortex97
AG
Twitter stock is off again today, and down about 35 percent over 12 months.

Still, if this complaint (or Elon's suit) does force them to show some truth about how many actual users they have, I could see it dropping from the present $40 price/share to somewhere around 20, and then...well I'd expect some of the board/execs to leave/be dismissed, and it's even possible Elon grabs it for less than half what he had committed to.

Quote:

The whistleblower complaint comes ahead of an October trial that will end up deciding whether Musk is forced to follow through on the $44 billion acquisition of the company to which he agreed.

"It's certainly reasonable to be more concerned today than you were yesterday," Lightshed's Rich Greenfield said in an interview Tuesday on CNBC. "I think anyone would look at this and be concerned. You would though have to believe that Twitter's senior executives from Jack Dorsey, CFO Ned Segal, they've all been knowingly filing false SEC documents for years. That's essentially what you'd have to believe."

Greenfield said without the Musk deal for Twitter (TWTR) "you would be hard pressed to believe that the stock would be north of $20/share."

Each day is bringing new swarms of documents in a process that will likely continue up until a five-day showdown starting Oct. 17.
So, we shouldn't have that long to wait. For those who don't know, demanding a court enforce specific performance in a contract is highly unusual. Yes, it's possible but very rare, as typically the courts strongly hedge toward damages to make parties whole.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
aggie93
AG
Whirligigs said:

Nothing will happen.
I don't know which is worse, how you want to surrender so easily or how you want positive affirmation for doing so.

This is a very tough fight we are in because the media is heavily controlled by the Left but they don't control it all. They certainly want you to think so though. You also certainly have folks in the Sam Harris "The ends justifies the means" category among the Dems but there millions and millions of folks that simply don't get this information and when they get it they start to shift. When you build a house of cards all it takes is one to fall and it all can collapse.

Surrender and be defeated if you wish but realize that is all you are doing.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
exp
AG
Nasreddin said:

It doesn't require reading the article to know that nothing will happen silly goose.
Fireman
AG
Wake me when someone goes to jail, or hell, I''ll even take a perp walk at this point.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Weird thread. This helps Musk keep digging at Twitter in court through discovery. Twitter is forced to cooperate. They can't withdraw their lawsuit over the billion dollars without a shareholder suit and obvious implications as to why they suddenly don't want a billion dollars.
dmart90
AG
I bet they get a big GDPR fine. That's about it. Our government won't do anything.
deddog
AG
Nasreddin said:

Twitter is the propaganda arm of the Democrat party
Anyone with an IQ of over 80 (excludes the Pedo in the White House) knows that Twitter will be around for that sole purpose and none of the execs will be prosecuted
Waffledynamics
AG
Archive link to deprive CNN of clicks. Please consider replacing the link in the OP with this one.

https://archive.ph/26Nv0
Showertime at the Bidens
Clob94 said:

You have to wonder if Musk knew some of this and thus put the wheels in motion to "buy" twitter if only to expose them for the fraud they are.

I want to believe this but Ben Shapiro is convinced that it was a ruse by Elon to give him cover to sell $7B in Tesla shares without the stock price dropping.
Science Denier
AG
aezmvp said:

High.
Nope. You are wrong. WAY OFF.

More like 70%
Showertime at the Bidens
aggie93 said:

Whirligigs said:

Nothing will happen.
I don't know which is worse, how you want to surrender so easily or how you want positive affirmation for doing so.

This is a very tough fight we are in because the media is heavily controlled by the Left but they don't control it all. They certainly want you to think so though. You also certainly have folks in the Sam Harris "The ends justifies the means" category among the Dems but there millions and millions of folks that simply don't get this information and when they get it they start to shift. When you build a house of cards all it takes is one to fall and it all can collapse.

That's a terrible strategy. The best thing to do is to move out of the cities, pull your kids out of public school and homeschool, and stock up on 9 mm ammo in your basement. And then when they come to take your guns you can go out in a blaze of glory like Rambo.
Adverse Event
deddog said:

Nasreddin said:

Twitter is the propaganda arm of the Democrat party
Anyone with an IQ of over 80 (excludes the Pedo in the White House) knows that Twitter will be around for that sole purpose and none of the execs will be prosecuted

The majority of hot takes by either party is put forth by the omniparty, ie the global intelligentsia mafia. Keep the chattel/livestock bickering and fed so they don't notice the fences closing in.
aggie93
AG
Zarathustra said:

aggie93 said:

Whirligigs said:

Nothing will happen.

That's a terrible strategy. The best thing to do is to move out of the cities, pull your kids out of public school and homeschool, and stock up on 9 mm ammo in your basement. And then when they come to take your guns you can go out in a blaze of glory like Rambo.

None of what you want to do changes that. You can homeschool your kids from the country and still not accept that all is lost and let the Dems take everything. You can do a hell of a lot with a keyboard and an internet connection for that matter.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
gonemaroon
AG
Time for Ted Cruz to babble like a tough guy in front of Congress and nothing ends up happening
BboroAg
AG
Don't worry….Durham has got this!
richardag
For those that don't follow CNN
Twitter whistleblower alleges 'extreme, egregious deficiencies' on cybersecurity issues

For those that don't follow FOX
Twitter whistleblower claims company had 'extreme, egregious' security problems
  • From the article:"Twitter executives attempted to deceive regulators about major security problems that make users' personal information vulnerable to hackers, according to a new whistleblower complaint.

The complaint, filed by the former Twitter head of security Peiter Zatko, alleges that Twitter had "extreme, egregious deficiencies" in its security practices and failed to take sufficient measures to protect its hundreds of millions of users"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.