MX: Schoolboy Spoke Otomi, Spanish Speakers Set Him On Fire

2,564 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRADUCTOR
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Otomi people
Quote:

Mexican schoolboy set on fire for being Indigenous

A Mexican schoolboy was set on fire and badly burned in a classroom -- his "only crime" was speaking an Indigenous language in a country struggling to end racial discrimination.

Two classmates are accused of pouring alcohol on Juan Zamorano's seat at a high school in the central state of Queretaro in June.

When the 14-year-old realized his trousers were wet and stood up, one of them set Zamorano on fire, according to his family.

He suffered second and third degree burns and was only this week discharged from hospital.
Juan had already suffered weeks of bullying because of his Indigenous Otomi roots, according to his family's lawyers, who filed complaints against the alleged attackers and school authorities.

With an estimated population of 350,000, the Otomi are one of dozens of Indigenous groups in the Latin American country.

The Otomi language is Juan's mother tongue "but he doesn't like to speak it much because it's a cause of ridicule, harassment and bullying," Ernesto Franco, one of the family's lawyers, told AFP.

The family has alleged to the media that even Zamorano's teacher harassed him because of his origin.

"She thinks that we're not her class, we're not her race," Zamorano's father, who described the attack as "attempted murder," told the newspaper El Universal.
Hey Lefties, yall notice this was done by other people of color, right?

This is the third world while in the first world we argue about men having babies because they used to be women.
Send all these cream puffs to the third world for six months.
They need to learn what is very real and what is contrived.

This is real violence.
Not someone hurt my feelings because they did not call me "They"
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Buck Turgidson
TxTarpon said:

Otomi people
Quote:

Mexican schoolboy set on fire for being Indigenous

A Mexican schoolboy was set on fire and badly burned in a classroom -- his "only crime" was speaking an Indigenous language in a country struggling to end racial discrimination.

Two classmates are accused of pouring alcohol on Juan Zamorano's seat at a high school in the central state of Queretaro in June.

When the 14-year-old realized his trousers were wet and stood up, one of them set Zamorano on fire, according to his family.

He suffered second and third degree burns and was only this week discharged from hospital.
Juan had already suffered weeks of bullying because of his Indigenous Otomi roots, according to his family's lawyers, who filed complaints against the alleged attackers and school authorities.

With an estimated population of 350,000, the Otomi are one of dozens of Indigenous groups in the Latin American country.

The Otomi language is Juan's mother tongue "but he doesn't like to speak it much because it's a cause of ridicule, harassment and bullying," Ernesto Franco, one of the family's lawyers, told AFP.

The family has alleged to the media that even Zamorano's teacher harassed him because of his origin.

"She thinks that we're not her class, we're not her race," Zamorano's father, who described the attack as "attempted murder," told the newspaper El Universal.
Hey Lefties, yall notice this was done by other people of color, right?

This is the third world while in the first world we argue about men having babies because they used to be women.
Send all these cream puffs to the third world for six months.
They need to learn what is very real and what is contrived.

This is real violence.
Not someone hurt my feelings because they did not call me "They"

Only white people can be racist.
Sid Farkas
AG
Ten bucks says at some point the perps will be self-exiled to the US where they can hook up with other likeminded undocumented immigrants - and help make America a "beautiful mosaic".
RebelE91
AG
While I know racism and bigotry exist everywhere, am I the only one that finds it ironic that Mexicans, who are mostly Mestizo, are looking down on an indigenous kid?
aggrad02
AG
RebelE91 said:

While I know racism and bigotry exist everywhere, am I the only one that finds it ironic that Mexicans, who are mostly Mestizo, are looking down on an indigenous kid?

Colorism exist throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, those of mixed race have historically looked down on the indigenous and those of a high degree of African ancestry.

But it is highly ironic.
LegalDrugPusher
RebelE91 said:

Visit the Polanco area in Mexico City and you'll find racism majorly these are the Mexicans that come from the rich Spanish bloodlines and they can't stand the mestizos
TxTarpon
Si Juero
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

BigRobSA
This is why I just hate everyone, equally.
TxTarpon
Sid Farkas said:

Ten bucks says at some point the perps will be self-exiled to the US where they can hook up with other likeminded undocumented immigrants - and help make America a "beautiful mosaic".
$20 says the cartel keeps them since they already got rid of conscience, enjoy torture, the rest is easy now.

-BarronVonAwesome

Phatbob
AG
*Mexicx
TxTarpon
RebelE91 said:

American libs like to say that White, racist cops make America dangerous.
Yep.
Hondurans flee to American because their country is so dangerous. Why is it dangerous?
Honduras has no white, racist cops, and it is more dangerous than BLM, MALDEF, La Raza, etc will ever experience in the US.

-BarronVonAwesome

TxTarpon
LegalDrugPusher said:

RebelE91 said:

Visit the Polanco area in Mexico City and you'll find racism majorly these are the Mexicans that come from the rich Spanish bloodlines and they can't stay in the mestizos
Dude, you are not blanco enough to go there.
However, your classy, beautiful wife would fit right in.

(I hope she is feeling ok in this heat)

-BarronVonAwesome

RebelE91
AG
LegalDrugPusher said:

RebelE91 said:

Visit the Polanco area in Mexico City and you'll find racism majorly these are the Mexicans that come from the rich Spanish bloodlines and they can't stay in the mestizos

Now folks of European heritage looking down on Mestizos…that is perfectly understandable
LegalDrugPusher
TxTarpon said:

LegalDrugPusher said:

RebelE91 said:

Dude, you are not blanco enough to go there.
However, your classy, beautiful wife would fit right in.

(I hope she is feeling ok in this heat)

Well I have been twice and one time with my wife lol

This pic was taken in Polanco

TxTarpon
Good stuff there!
Really nice temperatures can be had in the DF.
Hopefully in a few years yall can take little LDP there.

-BarronVonAwesome

Kozmozag
Pretty much every country is much more racist than the u.s.
93MarineHorn
14? Dude has crows feet. He looks late 20's
smucket
AG
BigRobSA said:

This is why I just hate everyone, equally.
"BigRob is my MexiHonky spirit animal"

1st smucket verse 1
Maroon Dawn
AG
Mexico is INCREDIBLY racist, but as usual White Liberals think that it's our border policy that is racist when in fact, if we were like Mexico where only blond, blue eyed whiteys owned everything and their policy for getting rid of unwanted poor minorities was send them north to Canada so they didn't cause whitey any trouble here, they'd be outraged

And yet they aid and abet Mexico's exact policy of doing just that
B-1 83
AG
Parents of my daughter's best friend in Uvalde used to call their daughter the "n word" if she got too tan.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
TxTarpon
B-1 83 said:

Parents of my daughter's best friend in Uvalde used to call their daughter the "n word" if she got too tan.
Oh yeah.
This is one thing the Mexicans hang on the Boricuas.
It is pure jealousy because Boricuas wear a speedo to the beach and Mexicans were blue jeans and an Ozzy Osborne t-cert.

-BarronVonAwesome

TRADUCTOR
30yo 'schoolboy'....Mexico
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.