Free Griner!!

2,987 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Boo Weekley
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lebron-james-biden-administration-brittney-griner

Biden a racist, homophobe and misogynist!! He's doing nothing to free Griner!!!

Hope I did this right. New at it.....

Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
Dr. Jill needs to put out a hash tag.

That'll get her out in no time.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG

Corn Pop
"Lebron James pressures"

One of the main reasons society is where it is today. Quit giving a brain dead idiot a megaphone just because he dribbles a basketball well.

Oh, and Griner….The US isn't looking so bad anymore is it?

Eff both of them
Nitro Power
AG
Biden doesn't care about minorities. If he did he wouldn't have to try so hard to hire people that check boxes. He would hire the best people regardless of race, religion, sex, or politics. I'm not sure Griner should be in jail there, but she did break Russian law. These politicians need to understand there grandstanding is doing nothing, but making Griner a hostage.
Clob94
Quote:

"As a decorated Olympian and member of an elite global sport community
Elitism eh Bron. Is that kinda like "white privilege"?
lb3
AG
Capt. Augustus McCrae said:

I thought that's what got her in in the first place.
nortex97
AG
This is one of those things I appreciate Putin for doing. Please keep him locked up!
fightingfarmer09

Dr. Jill is probably busy in surgery.
-Whoopi
Daveintx
The same group fussing that it's her right to vape in Russia are the same folks that think we don't have a right to own a gun..
CrottyKid
AG

#freeourgirl?
Al Bula
AG
Saw on the news this morning there is a rally in Houston for griner.

Even though I should know better by now, I am still astounded there are morons as big as SJL who will support a us citizen breaking laws in another country.

She knows this rally means nothing; it only serves as an ego feeder for herself. However her low IQ constituents really believe that they can meet up, hoot and holler for a few hours about muh justice and make Russia release BG.
MallalieuAg
AG
I thought griner and her fellow wnba characters hated America. She can stay in Russia.
BQ_90
AG
Quote:

Even though I should know better by now, I am still astounded there are morons as big as SJL who will support a us citizen breaking laws in another country.
Why are you surprised, they are the one that support citizens breaking laws in THIS country
Waffledynamics
AG
The lack of interest by our state department to secure our citizens that are abroad in hostile countries should be extremely concerning to everyone. We don't even know if we got everyone out of Afghanistan. The administration doesn't seem to care about them or people like Griner.
DallasAg 94
No Spin Ag
I said it when Christian missionaries were arrested in a foreign country for trying to illegally spread their religion to the people some years ago, and I'll say it for this issue as well.

If you go to another country and break their laws, whatever they are, and disagreeing with them doesn't matter, then you don't get to whine and expect us to do anything to help you. You got yourself into your own mess, you can get yourself out of it. It's that simple.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Blm should go to Russia and try to do what they do best: burning, looting, and murdering.

Let's see how the Russian authorities respond compared to the ****ed American cities.
justcallmeharry
S
Tell Lebron to shut up and finish at least one book. Or dribble...
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Ag-Yoakum95
AG
CrottyKid said:

#freeourgirl?

Girl?? Not so sure about that.
hph6203
AG
While I agree to a degree, as. Russian citizen my mindset would be that if they came there and broke the law I'd rather deport them and restrict their entry into the country rather than pay for them to exist in a jail cell.

The worst part of that article is Lebron suggesting that because she was an Olympian/successful professional athlete she should receive special attention.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
I was going to go play in the WNBA but then I got high.......
DL76
AG
Well put! How dumb can you be to break drug laws in another country?
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Waffledynamics said:

The lack of interest by our state department to secure our citizens that are abroad in hostile countries should be extremely concerning to everyone. We don't even know if we got everyone out of Afghanistan. The administration doesn't seem to care about them or people like Griner.

huge difference between the people left in afghanistan and brittney griner don't you think ?

That said i would be very hesitant to travel abroad right now. if anything goes wrong you are 100% on your own.
CrottyKid
AG
Ag-Yoakum95 said:

CrottyKid said:

#freeourgirl?

Girl?? Not so sure about that.
That's the joke. The question mark is part of the hashtag.
Michelle Obama's hashtag activism was #freeourgirls.
justcallmeharry
S
Another couple of weeks for Griner...

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/34091855/phoenix-mercury-star-brittney-griner-russian-detention-extended

Prosecutors in Russia were granted another extension Tuesday in the case of American women's basketball player Brittney Griner. The extension is a procedural move that was expected and should have little effect on negotiations for her release, according to several experts.

The Russian state news agency TASS reported that Griner's next hearing will be July 2, but U.S. officials have said they do not consider the legal proceedings to be more than an effort to give a legitimate sheen to a negotiation tactic. Both U.S. officials and sources close to Griner have said they expect Russian courts to keep extending her detention until a deal is reached for her release.

"Hostage diplomacy cases rely on the pretense of law. The Russians won't ever say 'we're holding Brittney Griner hostage,' but by repeatedly postponing her trial, they're communicating their intentions," Danielle Gilbert, assistant professor of military and strategic studies at the U.S. Air Force Academy told ESPN.

"Dragging out her detention, missing court deadlines -- these are key indicators that we should question the legitimacy of her arrest, precisely why the U.S. classified it as a wrongful detention."
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Owlagdad
Growing up in the valley, we would go to Mexico and drink and dance in our teens. We knew you didn't cross a certain line and had heard horrors of the Mexican jails. We were careful not to break laws or piss people off. Grindr just thought it was her privilege to do dope in a foreign country. Her ignorance matches her impotence.
frenchtoast
Trade her for mulkey
Boo Weekley
Trump freed this guy

?w=1600&h=1200&q=88&f=94880bfbad3682985bc38117c7e1f286
Boo Weekley
Owlagdad said:

Growing up in the valley, we would go to Mexico and drink and dance in our teens. We knew you didn't cross a certain line and had heard horrors of the Mexican jails. We were careful not to break laws or piss people off. Grindr just thought it was her privilege to do dope in a foreign country. Her ignorance matches her impotence.

Yep. You knew to make sure not a damn shotgun shell was in your truck before crossing bc they could do you like Griner if they wanted or if you couldn't pay them off.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.