Me

4,456 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by peacedude
rocky the dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rarely do I write my comments, rather, I choose to express myself using memes in the forum. But early this morning, something occurred to me that cannot be explained with a meme, which is this: Defining a leftist comes down to one word (one pronoun) - ME.

The leftist movement is a collective of very selfish people. To a leftist (not a classic liberal), it's all about "me" and no one else matters, especially those on the right, under the disguise of "caring".

Example #1: Abortion and the right to choose. It's not about that unborn child, it's about what is convenient for "me", disguised as caring for the woman and her "rights". To a conservative, or pro-life advocate, it's about that baby-to- be and its right to live.

#2: To a leftist, guns scare "me" and so they must be banned. The disguise, following the recent mass shootings, is that they care for the children. To a conservative, or gun-rights advocate, it's about being able to defend and protect those children (and others) from those who would harm them.

#3: Free speech. To a leftist, if your speech offends "me", you are not allowed to express it. You will be banned from social media, confronted in restaurants...but leftists can say and do whatever they want without consequence. Why does "hate speech" only apply to the right? The disguise is that only your speech is offensive and needs to be silenced to protect "me".

#4. Gay rights/transgender: We've come a long way from "What we do in our bedrooms is none of your business" to where we are today. LGBTQXYZ now owns the month of June. They are featured in commercials, TV shows and movies, and now in the classrooms and bathrooms. Why? Because it's all about "me". The disguise? Equality. They care for all people, or so they say, unless you're straight and white.

#5. Which leads us to race. America has come a very long way since the 50's and before, but you wouldn't know it if you listen to the left. To Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, SJL, Maxine, Oprah, and the rest of their "leaders", it's not really about helping the black community (the disguise), it's really about "me". They've exploited that community and have gotten rich because of it. If they really cared about conditions in the black communities, why haven't we seen improvements in their lives over the past 50 years? Oh, and don't forget the so-called leaders of Black Lives Matter. Buying expensive homes is all about "me", not you.

I could go on with every leftist agenda - climate change, inflation, shortages, women's rights beyond pro-choice, et al, and it all boils down to that one word - me.

Fill in the gaps if you will. These are just my thoughts on a Sunday morning. Thanks for stopping by. How about a few memes on this subject?

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Owlagdad
Yes sir!! And it all starts in elementary school when they are not told to be quiet so everyone else can learn, but are given carte blanche to "express" themselves.
doubledog
The "me" philosophy is universal, left, right and in between.
zephyr88
AG
mwm
Well-written & 100% on point.

Now, when will those who claim to have been offended show up to wail & gnash teeth? Come on out & show yourself for who you are.
Owlagdad
doubledog said:

Used to, the me was not in sports teams. Media though has found clowns who stick out and sells tickets to their broadcasts.

Just wonder how an Army platoon works now adays with flamers and trans who are there not to do a job, but get attention.
El Chupacabra
rocky the dog said:

The leftist movement is a collective of very selfish people. To a leftist (not a classic liberal), it's all about "me" and no one else matters, especially those on the right, under the disguise of "caring".

This coupled with a steady overdose of hypocrisy is the only way leftism exists.
coolerguy12
AG
doubledog said:

Sure you can find it on both sides but the bell curves look totally different. Just look at charitable donations between left and right. It's not even close
Buck Turgidson
Good post. Leftists are ugly spoiled children ceaselessly throwing temper fits to manipulate others into giving them what they want.
Illuminaggie
Your post is on point, rocky.

Selfishness is at the root of every deadly sin. It is the root of all evil, money is simply an aspect.
An L of an Ag
AG
Spot on Rocky. At bottom, leftism and Marxism is a wholesale rejection of "love thy neighbor as thyself".

The enemy seeks to rob us of the joy that God wants for us. It's no coincidence that those who succumb to their message are so unhappy.
Bonfire1996
AG
Excellent foundational arguments.

The only thing I would adjust, is it's not purely a feeling of "me" because that would lead towards independence, which a right leaning foundational principle. It's still a form of "me" in that the liberal says to themselves,
Quote:

"I feel this way, I'm smart, I'm educated, I've considered all the arguments, and I'm right. Since I've taken the time to determine what's best in every scenario, I must share my goodness and my wealth of knowledge with others. If they tell me "no" we'll then they simply haven't taken the steps I have, they have gone through the rigorous self reflection that I have, they haven't studied it like I have, and they must be educated. I will say things like, 'educate yourself' or 'where did you go to college?' and I will challenge their educational foundations. I will continue this until they break. If they don't break I will try other means including wielding government force, because if they don't know what's good for them, I'll have to step in."

They aren't doing this out of selfishness. If that were the case, Leftist politicians wouldn't have armed guards or live in gated communities.

It's narcissism. We've created multiple generations of narcissists through an education system who has pushed the "You can do anything you want. You can be anything you want." But left off the most important characteristic of that theme. It will take varying levels of hard work to get there.
TRADUCTOR
Selfish bunch of liberals.
Muy
AG
Spot on. Lifelong t-sip friend is a hard core lib and has gone off the rails. He's convinced that only Democrats care about people. However, every time I point out how Biden's policies are destroying this country, he immediately reverts to how "that doesn't impact me at all". Extremely self centered.
Picard
AG
I never realized that Beeker was one of the first liberals

Coog97
rocky the dog said:

Rarely do I write my comments, rather, I choose to express myself using memes in the forum. But early this morning, something occurred to me that cannot be explained with a meme, which is this: Defining a leftist comes down to one word (one pronoun) - ME.

Example #1: Abortion and the right to choose. It's not about that unborn child, it's about what is convenient for "me", disguised as caring for the woman and her "rights". To a conservative, or pro-life advocate, it's about that baby-to- be and its right to live.

#2: To a leftist, guns scare "me" and so they must be banned. The disguise, following the recent mass shootings, is that they care for the children. To a conservative, or gun-rights advocate, it's about being able to defend and protect those children (and others) from those who would harm them.

#3: Free speech. To a leftist, if your speech offends "me", you are not allowed to express it. You will be banned from social media, confronted in restaurants...but leftists can say and do whatever they want without consequence. Why does "hate speech" only apply to the right? The disguise is that only your speech is offensive and needs to be silenced to protect "me".

#4. Gay rights/transgender: We've come a long way from "What we do in our bedrooms is none of your business" to where we are today. LGBTQXYZ now owns the month of June. They are featured in commercials, TV shows and movies, and now in the classrooms and bathrooms. Why? Because it's all about "me". The disguise? Equality. They care for all people, or so they say, unless you're straight and white.

#5. Which leads us to race. America has come a very long way since the 50's and before, but you wouldn't know it if you listen to the left. To Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, SJL, Maxine, Oprah, and the rest of their "leaders", it's not really about helping the black community (the disguise), it's really about "me". They've exploited that community and have gotten rich because of it. If they really cared about conditions in the black communities, why haven't we seen improvements in their lives over the past 50 years? Oh, and don't forget the so-called leaders of Black Lives Matter. Buying expensive homes is all about "me", not you.

I could go on with every leftist agenda - climate change, inflation, shortages, women's rights beyond pro-choice, et al, and it all boils down to that one word - me.

Fill in the gaps if you will. These are just my thoughts on a Sunday morning. Thanks for stopping by. How about a few memes on this subject?

You should "use your words" more often, Rocky!!!
BQ2017
AG
It all started to come together for me when I've realized leftists are just demons
Bonfire1996
AG
Muy said:

Spot on. Lifelong t-sip friend is a hard core lib and has gone off the rails. He's convinced that only Democrats care about people. However, every time I point out how Biden's policies are destroying this country, he immediately reverts to how "that doesn't impact me at all". Extremely self centered.

Pssst. This dude ain't your friend. Hate to tell you that. He'd lock you up if you stood in the way of his agenda.

Better keep that in the back of your mind.
TheGroupGuy
Well said. They confuse feelings with facts data and logic in a narcissistic reduction of their own bias.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

You should "use your words" more often, Rocky!!!
Thank you. I always have good ideas, but when I write them down, I wonder if I left something out? Did I say it right? Could I have expressed it better? That's why I avoid written comments. When I do comment, it's usually brief and to the point.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Bonfire1996
AG
BQ2017 said:

It all started to come together for me when I've realized leftists are just demons
People think this is a quip. It's not. Leftists are simply listening to their demons assigned to them at birth.
Prosperdick
AG
Look it up
Mr. Meeseeks are liberals...

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
POTD
#FJB
LOYAL AG
AG
I asked one of the liberals in my family if anything they believe in requires personal responsibility and she was speechless. Their entire worldview is that they shouldn't be responsible for their actions.

A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Inventors of a concept of "my truth" that usurps the truth.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The last one is perfectly stated.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

I asked one of the liberals in my family if anything they believe in requires personal responsibility and she was speechless. Their entire worldview is that they shouldn't be responsible for their actions.

Good job!!!
Get Off My Lawn
I recently stole part of a tweet thread for my signature because it laid out very well the same revelation that you're highlighting in this thread:
"What leftists describe as "empathy" or "compassion" is really narcissism: the feeling of being a "good person" and having power over the putative victims they so solicitously help.
The tell is that there is no reconsideration when their "empathy" causes harm to the people it’s directed to. - PEG
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Well said sir

100% agree.

And the leadership of the leftist is the worse. Selling out their own country and their own family for themselves
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
buzzardb267
AG
IMHO, the leftists encourage the "ME" because it fits their "identity politics". They can make victims of every self-centered splinter group and then vilify the right to them. Good for votes, good for fund raising and good at dividing America to fit their agenda.
"ROGER - OUT"
Bucketrunner
Very well explained. Do it more often.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I especially appreciate how we appear to be going backwards in race relations.
Last night I saw a commercial for some show led by Oprah to talk about the difference in the quality of medical care that people get due to the color of their skin. I wanted to throw up.

If we want to talk about different quality of care due to your health insurance, OK.
I have never seen the option to buy Black or White health care.
La Taq 91
Yep.

Leftists do not believe in God, they believe they can control things as if they are "god".
Owlagdad
The "Me" bunch hijacked civil rights and equality and manipulated it to "I can be or do what I want" and if you are offended you violate my rights. They are slick enough to get a complicit media, politicians, and judges to destroy you or your organization or business. So instead of telling them to go to hell, we have given in.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.