Why would gun control restrictions lead to European outcomes, not Central America

1,907 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Setting aside the 2nd amendment, which renders the argument invalid in the first place. Gun control measures seem to reduce shootings in Europe. However our neighbors to the south are just as restrictive, if not more so, and they have much worse violence than us. What is different about what European countries are doing vs these countries, and why would Gun control measures in the US lead to a path of less violence like in Europe, rather than just emboldening organized crime outfits currently operating here with a new revenue stream?
Spotted Ag
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Setting aside the 2nd amendment, which renders the argument invalid in the first place. Gun control measures seem to reduce shootings in Europe. However our neighbors to the south are just as restrictive, if not more so, and they have much worse violence than us. What is different about what European countries are doing vs these countries, and why would Gun control measures in the US lead to a path of less violence like in Europe, rather than just emboldening organized crime outfits currently operating here with a new revenue stream?

CLASH OF CULTURES!

Plainly put, European countries didn't have the pitiful cultures the US has UNTIL they started getting the influx of immigrants. It's not race, it's not skin color, it's the culture.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
CDUB98
AG
because unicorn farts and fairy rainbows
utah, get me two
european culture sucks
Serotonin
AG
New Hampshire and Vermont have homicide rates in line with Europe.

It's demographics, not gun laws.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/05/21/how-america-compares-to-the-world-when-split-by-race
TxTarpon

Quote:

Gun control measures seem to reduce shootings in Europe.
Yes, in small, concentrated, homogenous populations not bordered with any 3rd world nations.
The same can be said for Singapore, Japan, Australia, New Zealand.
When you hear, most likely from a woman living in a commonwealth country, that if America banned guns kids could go to school without being killed, answer with: Mexico has very strict gun laws and 43 students were murdered there in 2014. This is larger than any mass school shooting in the US.
(ref 2014 Iguala mass kidnapping)
Quote:

However our neighbors to the south are just as restrictive, if not more so, and they have much worse violence than us.
You are smart to think of this.
Mexico is closer to us than Denmark.
Guess who influences us mas?, I mean more.
Quote:

What is different about what European countries are doing vs these countries, and why would Gun control measures in the US lead to a path of less violence like in Europe, rather than just emboldening organized crime outfits currently operating here with a new revenue stream?
Easy, white people.
Europe and the commonwealth are full of them.
Lots of them.
They are arrogant and pooh pooh that "Mexico is not a developed or sophisticated country with rampant corruption."
Answer that with their fav phrase "That sounds very racist. Just because they are poor brown people does not mean they want to live in hell. Their highly restrictive gun laws should protect them!"

Let's face it, Mexico is closer to us, and we to them, than any Euro country or the commonwealth.
utah, get me two
yea cause russian and the slavs are so cultured
TxTarpon

Quote:

yea cause russian and the slavs are so cultured
Cultured was not mentioned in my post.
Now run along and eat some caviar with a vodka chaser
SMM48
AG
Europe ain't all that.
utah, get me two
so then what is your point
TxTarpon
I made it.
You missing it is not my problem.
utah, get me two
please tell me if you wouldnt mind
TxTarpon
My 10:36 post is clear
AggiePetro07
AG
utah, get me two said:

please tell me if you wouldnt mind
His point is that white liberals seem to think that banning guns would result in us looking like Europe.

Mainly because said white liberals don't leave their bubble and realize that we have a huge diversity of cultures and many are influenced by 3rd world mindsets.

Many liberals who want to ban guns think we will look like Switzerland or Luxembourg.

We will look like Mexico or Somalia.

ETA: don't want to put words in his mouth, but that's how I took it.
etxag02

Quote:

we have a huge diversity of cultures and many are influenced by 3rd world mindsets.
The third world mindset is to go on murderous rampages? And this mindset has made it into America's "white culture" since before the year 2000 and influencing white kids to go on murderous rampages?

Interesting theory.
AggiePetro07
AG
etxag02 said:

Quote:

we have a huge diversity of cultures and many are influenced by 3rd world mindsets.
The third world mindset it to go on murderous rampages? And this mindset has made it into America's "white culture" since before the year 2000 and influencing white kids to go on murderous rampages?

Interesting theory.
I wasn't pointing to the 3rd world mindset as the cause of these shootings, but rather one thing to consider as one of the major unintended consequence of disarming the public.
Spotted Ag
AG
etxag02 said:

Quote:

The third world mindset is to go on murderous rampages? And this mindset has made it into America's "white culture" since before the year 2000 and influencing white kids to go on murderous rampages?

Interesting theory.
Firmly believe this has more to do with psycho-active mind altering drugs that are given out like candy to control behavior. The disregard for human life has bled over from less developed cultures.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
etxag02
Spotted Ag said:

etxag02 said:

Quote:

Interesting theory.
Firmly believe this has more to do with psycho-active mind altering drugs that are given out like candy to control behavior. The disregard for human life has bled over from less developed cultures.
So all the young assailants were on mind altering drugs or suffering from the affects of previous usage that made them go on murderous rampages? Central American cultures have a general disregard for human life that is influencing American children to go on murderous rampages?
AggiePetro07
AG
etxag02 said:

Spotted Ag said:

etxag02 said:

Quote:

Interesting theory.
So all the young assailants were on mind altering drugs or suffering from the affects of previous usage that made them go on murderous rampages? Central American cultures have a general disregard for human life that is influencing American children to go on murderous rampages?
You're missing the point of the thread. The question isn't what leads to this, but what America would look like after enhanced gun control measures? Europe or Central America.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
etxag02 said:

Quote:

Interesting theory.

Do you have a response to the OP? Is there a reason we would see effects more in line with Europe rather than Central America? If so, why?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I guess not?
aggie93
AG
Switzerland has an extremely high gun ownership rate, 3rd in the world per capita. They are a heterogeneous country that has a system of government that is based on something between the US Constitution and Articles of Confederation (Switzerland became a country in 1812). They have very little gun violence and murder. They also have not been in a war since they were founded.

As long as we are looking at European models we should look at the most relevant and successful example.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Boo Weekley
I think broken families/homes are the large culprit. Is the traditional family unit disintegrating at near the rate ours is in these other countries? I mean, there's a pretty freaking direct correlation...almost every single serial killer and mass shooter come from super dysfunctional or broken homes and homes where dad wasn't preset or had an awful relationship with his son. Also, drive around any black ghetto where fathers and male role models are almost entirely non-existent...violence, chaos and lawlessness abounds.
Boo Weekley
aggie93 said:

Switzerland has an extremely high gun ownership rate, 3rd in the world per capita. They are a heterogeneous country that has a system of government that is based on something between the US Constitution and Articles of Confederation (Switzerland became a country in 1812). They have very little gun violence and murder. They also have not been in a war since they were founded.

As long as we are looking at European models we should look at the most relevant and successful example.
Some of the safest places IN THE WORLD are conservative communities in the US with extraordinarily high gun ownership rates. It's culture, morals and values.
CDUB98
AG
Boo Weekley said:

aggie93 said:

Some of the safest places IN THE WORLD are conservative communities in the US with extraordinarily high gun ownership rates. It's culture, morals and values.

Blue parachute for you.
aggie93
AG
Boo Weekley said:

aggie93 said:

Exactly. There are towns in Texas that probably average 5 guns per person and where gun violence is basically non existent. Guns don't equate to violence is the point but culture sure as hell does.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
IslanderAg04
aggie93 said:

It's also the most white country in Europe. They are not any where close to the cultural diversity of the US.
Proc92
Can we compare gun violence to Europe after controlling for race?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
aggie93 said:

They require 2 years of service in the military, right?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Do people who support gun control measures not want to address this for some reason?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.