Veteran Home Loans, equity refi etc

764 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GeorgiAg
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone see these veteran home equity loan commercials? They drive pretty hard to the hoop with celebrating veterans but these ads!! Encouraging people to take cash out equit loans to save for retirement? Really? We have lending institutions focused on veterans and one of the selling points is to borrow money to invest for retirement?

Of course, this speaks volumes to the fiscal competency of the general public, but come on
Predmid
AG
Buy on the margins!

Diamond Hands!

To the Moon!

zoneag
CM Trump Voter said:

Anyone see these veteran home equity loan commercials? They drive pretty hard to the hoop with celebrating veterans but these ads!! Encouraging people to take cash out equit loans to save for retirement? Really? We have lending institutions focused on veterans and one of the selling points is to borrow money to invest for retirement?

Of course, this speaks volumes to the fiscal competency of the general public, but come on

What's worse is many of these lenders have retired senior officers pitching the cash out loans to give them an air of credibility with veterans. NewDayUSA comes to mind with some retired admiral. People should know better than to fall for this, but of course they do. Lots of service members and veterans are financially illiterate.
WHOOP!'91
AG
zoneag said:

CM Trump Voter said:

What's worse is many of these lenders have retired senior officers pitching the cash out loans to give them an air of credibility with veterans. NewDayUSA comes to mind with some retired admiral. People should know better than to fall for this, but of course they do. Lots of service members and veterans are financially illiterate.
Hey, if Magnum PI tells me a reverse mortgage is a good thing, I pretty much have to believe him!

But I am far more likely to listen to anything Tatiana has to tell me whereas the admiral is pretty easy to tune out.

Yesterday
AG
These commercials always struck me as leaching off the "veteran" name but are their rates competitive? Millions of people refinanced their homes the last 5 years for many reasons. One could easily prove that borrowing cash at 3%(when rates were that low) and investing it in the market was a good move.
GeorgiAg
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

zoneag said:

CM Trump Voter said:

Hey, if Magnum PI tells me a reverse mortgage is a good thing, I pretty much have to believe him!

But I am far more likely to listen to anything Tatiana has to tell me whereas the admiral is pretty easy to tune out.

Tatiana could invade the shores of my Tripoli anytime she wants
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.