This is how Walmart envisions Shopping in the Metaverse

4,052 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dr. Teeth
ElKabong
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Rapier108
How about no freaking way.

"Ready Player One" is not the world we need to live in.
exp
AG
When I need good insights into the future of technology, Wal-Mart is always my go-to.
Sims
AG
You think the libs are screaming about food deserts now. Try getting rid of the existing stores.
Hold on honey, there are people on the internet that are wrong.
Kvetch
AG
No. But also yes if I never have to step foot in a Walmart again.
ballchain
aggiedata
AG
Can't be Walmart. 10 people weren't in line at a check out register.
BigHitterDaLama
"We see you already have a gallon of milk at home. Should we put this one back?"

So Wal-Mart is telling you they can see what you have in your house.....everything down to basics

Boo Weekley
ElKabong said:

This looks f-ing awful.
unmade bed
Can you ask that hologram lady to show her titties? If not, I don't understand the point.
Sims
AG
said:

Imagine being so low-IQ, you need a virtual sales them/they to instruct you on what to buy for sustenance - and end up spending exorbitantly on whatever garbage advertisers pay that shill to advise you on.
Hold on honey, there are people on the internet that are wrong.
BMX Bandit
wouldn't this take a hell of a lot more time than simply clicking on what you want on the list on the wal-mart website?
ballchain
rebag00
AG
But how is one supposed to shoplift in the metaverse? I'm not going to search for it, but pretty sure the metaverse will be labeled racist.
BigHitterDaLama
The only positive is not having to shop with this:

mazag08
AG
rebag00 said:

But how is one supposed to shoplift in the metaverse? I'm not going to search for it, but pretty sure the metaverse will be labeled racist.
Same way one commits sexual violence. E-groping
Gaius Julius Bevo
In general, I find online ordering from local restaurants fraught with annoyances and the actual execution of the order/delivery to be incredibly inefficent and error-prone. The quarantine has made me appreciate the businesses that can actually meet my needs in person and do so politely, promptly, and without drama.

Maybe a mega-corporation like Walmart can do it. That demo posted doesn't excite me though. I want to make my purchases fast. I don't want to listen to some wannabe concierge AI take up my time telling me what it thinks I want to buy.
ArmchairCowboy
AG
So Walmart believes that oil changes will still be a thing in the future? Good news for team ICE.
ballchain
Old McDonald
so they took the worst part of shopping and added lag
FamousAgg
Why not at least make it look nice. Looks like a normal Walmart
one MEEN Ag
AG
The future is here and it sucks.
MisterShipWreck
Marcus Brutus
The problem is that it will show you stuff on the shelves that don't actually exist (or vice versa) because Wal-Mart's inventory is never correct.

And what value does that add to the current pick list? I suppose you can browse like you would if actually at the store?
BlueMiles
AG
Ha ha ha. That's a big nope from me.
UTExan
I miss shopping at Wal Mart in Mexico where shoppers are middle class, generally well-dressed people with a sense of dignity and self-respect.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
FrioAg 00
AG
These clowns are literally working themselves towards the "battery" shown in the matrix.

We didn't even need the machine wars or AI, we are volunteering to become little lifeless nodes
aggiepanic95
AG
Sounds great to me!

Deplorable
All this tells me is that I would play a video game where I can smash things in a grocery store including that virtual employee.
Layne Staley
AG
Sometimes this automation is a good thing. You are going to see these up and down the aisle soon. https://www.zebra.com/us/en/solutions/intelligent-edge-solutions/smartsight.html
Squadron7
AG
Um....what about a Gentlemen's Club?

Asking for a friend.
administrative errors
Little known addition to the oculus 2 is the pleasure module upgrade.

THE EJACULATOR.

Now with DNA analysis and semen banking features. Get yours today! Mine Bitcoin by allowing us complete authority over your reproduction and you can enjoy a lifetime of pure bliss until you decide to expire which we can arrange as well.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
1. Clearly marketed to the weak minded if alcohol is first product advertised.

2. I don't want on this ride.
bmc13
AG
v
BigRobSA
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

In general, I find online ordering from local restaurants fraught with annoyances and the actual execution of the order/delivery to be incredibly inefficent and error-prone. The quarantine has made me appreciate the businesses that can actually meet my needs in person and do so politely, promptly, and without drama.

Maybe a mega-corporation like Walmart can do it. That demo posted doesn't excite me though. I want to make my purchases fast. I don't want to listen to some wannabe concierge AI take up my time telling me what it thinks I want to buy.

Not to mention, all these types of curbside and other delivery apps/systems foment laziness. And laziness begets laziness. America needs less lazy ****sticks, not more.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.