NYC Mayor wants to end school mask mandate, fight crime

2,033 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Whirligigs
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://nypost.com/2021/11/07/eric-adams-wants-to-end-school-mask-mandates/

Mayor-elect Eric Adams took to the airwaves Sunday and declared he wants to nix mask mandates in the classroom and called himself "conservative" on public safety.

Adams fears masks are stopping students from making friends and said he wants to end the school mask mandate when he takes office come Jan. 1.

"Part of the socialization of a child is that smile."

As recently as Thursday city officials could not say what it would take to lift the mask requirement in public schools, even as kids aged 5 and up can now get the COVID-19 vaccine.

"I am conservative on public safety when you see 13-year-old children in our schools stabbed in libraries and a woman was shot while walking down the block with a baby in a carriage," Adams told NPR's Weekend Edition.

"When I use the term 'conservative', I have zero tolerance for abusive and criminal and violent behavior.
C@LAg
hope he is action and not all talk.
DrEvazanPhD
Maybe he ought to kill the vac passport too
Sea Speed
AG
Glad I wasn't holding my breath waiting for that email, OP.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Hopefully this is leftists ****ing themselves over Virginia and can see the writing in the wall: America is done with COVID and the Dem overreach tyranny they are trying because they got to soft and comfortable with "emergency power". Their only hope of survival is to also get on board the "Make America Normal Again!"
Artorias
AG
On a flight to NYC with no vax passport. Time to see how many businesses are nazis.
Teslag
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Maybe he ought to kill the vac passport too

At the very least he should allow documented recovery as equal to vaccinated
Whirligigs
We'll see - but now we are relying on a perpetual waiting game for somebody else to change something that should just end yesterday. =/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.