It's not all doom and gloom: what are you thankful for?

2,428 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Earl_Rudder
tamuangry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keep this thread simple - despite all the reasons to be negative and cynical (and there are many), post one thing your are thankful for.

Mine - job stability.
Athanasius
AG
Don't jinx it.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
My family is healthy.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Heelside Tantrum
Jesus Christ.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Heelside Tantrum said:

Jesus Christ.
maroonblood
AG
Besides the obvious (family, health, job), I have a pretty cool truck that I loves to tailgate with me.
Roll the Bones
AG
OP, your username definitely does not check out, but I digress.

This past weekend I was able to enjoy a nice steak and celebrate my 50th birthday with my family. It was a beautiful weekend and I am really grateful.
Todd 02
AG
Garbage
Tanya 93

Has to be more than one
My family
My faith
My friends
Baseball
Legos
Fall foliage and pumpkin muffins
The laughter of the Scouts when they plot something on camping weekends. can't wait for this upcoming one
Hallmark Channel Christmas movies
Philip J Fry
AG
2nd Amendment
My Name Is Judge
Knowing that piece of **** establishment scum that created this virus & used it as a political weapon are all going to eventually burn in hell
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Has to be more than one
My family
My faith
My friends
Baseball
Legos
Fall foliage and pumpkin muffins
The laughter of the Scouts when they plot something on camping weekends. can't wait for this upcoming one
Hallmark Channel Christmas movies
You forgot something...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Marcus Brutus
Thankful that regardless of what bad things happen to this country, and they are indeed happening at rapid pace, I have a home in heaven.
Tanya 93
smart cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
agz win
AG
Aggies beat Bama as a huge underdog and gained national spotlight applause and potential recruits.
budah
Opening weekend of deer season is less than 3 weeks away!
azul_rain
I'm thankful for shiner bock, I'm thankful I have good truck and good people around me, hell I'm even thankful for aggie football
TexAgs91
AG
azul_rain
Can't see it
AGinHI
AG
1. Running water. It may be one of those givens, but I do not have to travel to a third world country to say how grateful I am every day for running water.

2. Farmers. About a quarter of a century ago my soil science professor asked his students how many came from a ranch/farm. His next question was how many planned on returning. No one raised their hand. He then said, in a manner that I recall as being scolded by a parent, "Less than one percent of the population is farmers, and you better take care of them!"

So food and water. I am grateful for the abundance of food and water we have in this country and the people who bring it to us.
UTExan
Midsomer Murders reruns. And I live in a perpetual red state with constitutional carry.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
GTdad
Brand-new grandson born a couple of weeks ago. My fellow grandpas know that it's the best gig on the entire planet.

Side note: actually, I'm not known as "grandpa". When I got the first grandkid, I got tagged as "grand dude" as a joke, but it stuck.
MouthBQ98
AG
It could be worse than it is.
BigBrother
AG
Space is being commercialized. Mars soon.
Tanya 93
GTdad said:

Brand-new grandson born a couple of weeks ago. My fellow grandpas know that it's the best gig on the entire planet.

Side note: actually, I'm not known as "grandpa". When I got the first grandkid, I got tagged as "grand dude" as a joke, but it stuck.

Congrats Grand Dude!
Tanya 93
UTExan said:

Midsomer Murders reruns. And I live in a perpetual red state with constitutional carry.

Nice choice
mazag08
AG
Minimal daily interaction with baby killing economic illiterate devil worshippers (aka liberals).
IslanderAg04
2 healthy kids.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I'm thankful that I don't know a single person who has died from Covid-19.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I'm thankful that vaccinated friends and family have contracted Covid-19.

I'm optimistic that they'll stop treating me like a leper for getting Covid-19 and stop treating me like a second class citizen for not getting the vax.
M4 Benelli
This forum not being riddled with libtard panty waists. I love forum communication, and finding one with a bunch o based Texan yokels is pretty refreshing.

Im from Commieland, so this red pilled echo chamber is the yang to my world of yin.
PrincessButtercup
AG
My twenties were so hard. Miscarriage, divorce, lost jobs, identify theft that led to bankruptcy, horrible car wreck. several concussions, lack of any real stability.

Now in my early thirties, I met the Aggie of my dreams. Got married, bought a beautiful house, have a wonderful job where i'm valued, baby on the way in a month, and I finally feel secure. I couldn't be happier or more blessed. Gods really been keeping track of me.
Earl_Rudder
AG
  • A loving family
  • A wonderful woman
  • A stable and lucrative career
  • Rifles
  • Aggie football
  • Pirated video games
  • Morning wood (I guess that goes with the second bullet point)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.