Biden's Child Tax Credit Result- More Folks UNWILLING TO WORK

1,970 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kenneth_2003
NormanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Child Tax Credit sparks debate: Should it have a work requirement? - CBS News

Quote:

. . . a debate is arising over President Joe Biden's plan to extend the CTC through 2025, with some questioning whether the payments could be a tipping point that convinces parents to drop out of the workforce.

Among them is University of Chicago economist Bruce Meyer, an expert on poverty and social safety net programs. His new analysis of the program estimates that as many as 1.5 million parents could leave the workforce due to the payments, or about 2.6% of all working parents.

Meyer's research comes on the heels of a suggestion from Senator Joe Manchin, a Democrat from West Virginia, that the expanded tax credit should include a work requirement. Under the American Rescue Plan, the CTC was expanded from $2,000 per child to as much as $3,600 per child, with half of the credit arriving in the form of monthly checks from July through December 2021. Parents don't need to work to receive the tax credit and its monthly payments. It's an entitlement based on family income.

Un f'n believable! Employers can't get folks to work now, and then this? Lots of eateries/small businesses/etc are going out of business becasue they can't get workers. There's a huge shortage of school bus drivers throught the country. But let's give more people FREE MONEY so they don't have to work either.

This is insanity, pure and simple. If the GOP can't take back the House and Senate next year, our country will be bankrupt before Biden's term ends. When businesses have to shut their doors for lack of workers, that just means a whole lot MORE folks who HAVE been working will now be unemployed. Things will spiral downward pretty rapidly if that happens.

Why in the hell can't Dems/Libs use their BRAIN once in awhile. We have a huge problem with people not wanting to work NOW - but hell, let's just make it even WORSE! You have to wonder if these idiots really ARE Marxists hell bent on destroying our country.

God help us.

/old fart rant over

Edit: There's lots more in the article that will turn your stomach. Well worth the read.
DrEvazanPhD
Even if the republicans do take both houses, and then the presidency in 2024, will they actually have the stomach to roll this back?
Nasreddin
I throw mine in the trash
captkirk
AG
Calling it a "tax credit" is laughable
C@LAg
Robin Hood Was A Thief said:

I throw mine in the trash
your kids or the credit?
Earl_Rudder
AG
NormanAg said:

Why in the hell can't Dems/Libs use their BRAIN once in awhile. We have a huge problem with people not wanting to work NOW - but hell, let's just make it even WORSE! You have to wonder if these idiots really ARE Marxists hell bent on destroying our country.

You're just now realizing they are marxists, and the core tenet of marxism is the overthrow of capitalist society?

The crumbling of America is not because democrats are stupid. It is by design.
Cassius
It's not insanity, it's part of the plan to reward the takers that vote for the Marxist party.

POCs benefit at a much higher rate of their population than whites so it's also a form of reparations.

It also reduces labor which forces companies to pay more for unskilled labor, which is a defacto minimum wage hike.

The Marxist dream is a class made up of mostly working whites that are taxed excessively to pay POCs to sit home. It's almost slavery. That accomplishes many of the goals of the Marxists.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Of course...they timed it for when unemployment ended.

This is their plan
Cassius
If I'm a working white who does blue collar services, eg plumbing, I charge POCs more for service calls. That's one way to mitigate this theft.
XXXVII
Cassius said:

If I'm a working white who does blue collar services, eg plumbing, I charge POCs more for service calls. That's one way to mitigate this theft.

Yeah until someone catches on and exposes that and then your business gets canceled.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
samurai_science
DrEvazanPhD said:

Even if the republicans do take both houses, and then the presidency in 2024, will they actually have the stomach to roll this back?
Based on history, they will increase spending.
AG1904
AG
More parents at home raising their own children isn't a bad thing in my opinion. When our system requires that both parents work outside the home in order to make a comfortable living, it effectively doubles the labor pool. More available labor drives down wages for the average worker. What if, in the majority of situations, one parent could make enough money to support the entire family while the other stays home and raises their own children? Sounds like the kind of country I would want to live in.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
I hate this so much! I don't qualify and get a stupid check every month that I have to send back.

Have 3 of the damn things sitting on my counter waiting to be deposited when I feel like doing it and sending it straight back to the government
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
UTExan
DrEvazanPhD said:

Clinton backed the welfare to work reforms under pressure. If leftist policies fail, which they will, there is a glimmer of hope.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
mosdefn14
AG
AG1904 said:

More parents at home raising their own children isn't a bad thing in my opinion. When our system requires that both parents work outside the home in order to make a comfortable living, it effectively doubles the labor pool. More available labor drives down wages for the average worker. What if, in the majority of situations, one parent could make enough money to support the entire family while the other stays home and raises their own children? Sounds like the kind of country I would want to live in.
Forgetting a variable here. Increased average wages increase cost of goods increase prices paid.

Would be nice if wages increased but companies didn't pass on that increased cost, but that's not how it works.
APHIS AG
NormanAg said:

Child Tax Credit sparks debate: Should it have a work requirement? - CBS News

Quote:

. . . a debate is arising over President Joe Biden's plan to extend the CTC through 2025, with some questioning whether the payments could be a tipping point that convinces parents to drop out of the workforce.

Among them is University of Chicago economist Bruce Meyer, an expert on poverty and social safety net programs. His new analysis of the program estimates that as many as 1.5 million parents could leave the workforce due to the payments, or about 2.6% of all working parents.

Meyer's research comes on the heels of a suggestion from Senator Joe Manchin, a Democrat from West Virginia, that the expanded tax credit should include a work requirement. Under the American Rescue Plan, the CTC was expanded from $2,000 per child to as much as $3,600 per child, with half of the credit arriving in the form of monthly checks from July through December 2021. Parents don't need to work to receive the tax credit and its monthly payments. It's an entitlement based on family income.

Un f'n believable! Employers can't get folks to work now, and then this? Lots of eateries/small businesses/etc are going out of business becasue they can't get workers. There's a huge shortage of school bus drivers throught the country. But let's give more people FREE MONEY so they don't have to work either.

This is insanity, pure and simple. If the GOP can't take back the House and Senate next year, our country will be bankrupt before Biden's term ends. When businesses have to shut their doors for lack of workers, that just means a whole lot MORE folks who HAVE been working will now be unemployed. Things will spiral downward pretty rapidly if that happens.

God help us.

/old fart rant over

Edit: There's lots more in the article that will turn your stomach. Well worth the read.

The Democrats are using their brains for this has been their plan all along. To keep people dependent on the government and of course, their vote. They can care less about the budget or the economy. That is why inflation and prices are rising.
OldArmyBrent
AG
Cassius said:

Just add an extra half hour to each bill. Then no one will ever know.
Kenneth_2003
AG
F***JOE BIDEN!!!

AND F*** HIS MERRY BAND OF MARXIST MISFITS
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.