Uncensored International Forums

1,664 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BAP Enthusiast
tlepoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a child of the internet - the early internet. Much of my developmental years was spent on chatrooms or forums absorbing information and discussing a variety of topics with a very diverse group of individuals in what I perceived to be a very open and uncensored manner. With that came the good and the bad (there be dragons)..but I learned and explored in that environment. I was able to be exposed to many different world perspectives and started to get the knack of figuring out where reality fell amidst differing viewpoints.

That style of learning doesn't seem to be possible any longer. Most of the international communities online today are heavily moderated and censored (for the benefit of us all!) and tend to only allow one of the extremes an active voice. Let's be honest, this community isn't what one would call unbiased or well representative.

Does anyone know of an internet with an active international community that still has open discourse? If not, where would you go to sift through the biases? As an example, let's say one wanted to get a pulse on how the Australians are handling their new reality and whether our perspectives over here are skewed.

cbr
AG
Vested interests were never going to allow the internet to remain open for real, uncontrolled information to be available. That kind of **** is for free, educated, independent people. No vested interest is going to allow that.

The internet is nearly over. Its been funnelled to controlled content, and the small remaining uncontrolled content is being spoofed with radical/crazy **** to discredit any source of real info.
administrative errors
Cough...bitcoin fixes this...cougn
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
I work for various bankers, lenders, and AMC's from the east to the west coast....most of what I see on here is highly representative of my casual social interaction with my clients, hence the reason I enjoy the site.

Furthermore the overall student body of TAMU leans conservative, per many parents who have commented on their student's recent fish camp experiences.

As one final point - I am in touch with student leadership in 2 large organizations that I was a part of during my time at TAMU, whose members not only post here often, but share similar values to the majority who post on here.

Sorry if you can't find any material you like....but highway 6 runs both ways.

Edit: if you feel the need to respond, read my last sentence. I rarely if ever read a single response to a post I make.
Pumpkinhead
AG
You are asking an internet message board that is heavily biased where to find message boards that are are not heavily biased?
tlepoC
AG
You took my post as a jab at TAMU? Or even Texags?

I love both. However, neither serve the need I am looking for here. There is a mostly homogenous viewpoint on here...I'm not sure that can really be argued. I would prefer not to focus this conversation on that argument though so for the sake of discussion let's just exempt Texags.

"Other than Texags, where can one have open and free discourse with international perspectives"
10thYrSr
Who knows. Abovetopsecret.com?
UrbanDecay
AG
Maybe you should go check out 4chan?
BAP Enthusiast
tlepoC said:

I'm a child of the internet - the early internet. Much of my developmental years was spent on chatrooms or forums absorbing information and discussing a variety of topics with a very diverse group of individuals in what I perceived to be a very open and uncensored manner. With that came the good and the bad (there be dragons)..but I learned and explored in that environment. I was able to be exposed to many different world perspectives and started to get the knack of figuring out where reality fell amidst differing viewpoints.

That style of learning doesn't seem to be possible any longer. Most of the international communities online today are heavily moderated and censored (for the benefit of us all!) and tend to only allow one of the extremes an active voice. Let's be honest, this community isn't what one would call unbiased or well representative.

Does anyone know of an internet with an active international community that still has open discourse? If not, where would you go to sift through the biases? As an example, let's say one wanted to get a pulse on how the Australians are handling their new reality and whether our perspectives over here are skewed.

4chan. This is well known.
spider96
AG
tlepoC said:

You took my post as a jab at TAMU? Or even Texags?

I love both. However, neither serve the need I am looking for here. There is a mostly homogenous viewpoint on here...I'm not sure that can really be argued. I would prefer not to focus this conversation on that argument though so for the sake of discussion let's just exempt Texags.

"Other than Texags, where can one have open and free discourse with international perspectives"

Try Patriots.win
Pookers
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

tlepoC said:

4chan. This is well known.
Just gotta develop a healthy discernment skill. Lot of glow posts there.
BAP Enthusiast
Telegram and Gab are other places. There are a tons of international accounts on Telegram.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.