Norwegian Women's team fined for lack of bikini bottoms

4,569 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mazag08
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The Norwegian women's handball team was fined for not wearing bikini bottoms during the European Beach Handball Championships, The Independent reported.

"The Disciplinary Commission at the Beach Handball EURO 2021 has dealt with a case of improper clothing," the European Handball Federation said in a statement. "In the bronze medal game against Spain on Sunday the team of Norway played with shorts that are not according to the Athlete Uniform Regulations defined in the IHF Beach Handball Rules of the Game."
Quote:

The team is facing a fine of $1,766.83, which comes to $176.74 per person.

The Norway Handball Federation announced on Instagram that it would pay the fines for the team and offered its support of their decision.

"We are very proud of these girls who are at the European Championships in beach handball. They raised their voice and told us that enough is enough," it said in its post. "We are the Norwegian Handball Federation and we stand behind you and support you. We will continue to fight to change the international regulations for attire, so that players can play in the clothing they are comfortable with."
https://instagr.am/p/CRiuwmejrTq
BenFiasco14
AG
I'm sure their bums look even better in compression shorts.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
C@LAg
Rules are rules
redcrayon
AG
Silly that they can't play in shorts. The men do.
YouBet
AG
This is admittedly a dumb rule and I bet they walk these fines back. No way they stick.
GTdad
Makes you think that maybe women's beach handball is more about bikinis than athletic skill.

BTW, anybody else ever hear of beach handball? It's a new one on me.
UTExan
I hope the women win this. If they want to compete with cargo shorts I am fine with that as well. They are there to play a sport, not display their nether regions to ogling fans.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
WHOOP!'91
AG
UTExan said:

I hope the women win this. If they want to compete with cargo shorts I am fine with that as well. They are there to play a sport, not display their nether regions to ogling fans.
True. Also true is that far fewer people will want to watch their sport if they can't ogle their nether regions.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Deplorable
MouthBQ98
AG
Some joke here about sand getting where it shouldn't.
C@LAg
UTExan said:

you are why we can't have nice things.
YouBet
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Some joke here about sand getting where it shouldn't.
BQ_90
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The Norwegian women's handball team was fined for not wearing bikini bottoms during the European Beach Handball Championships, The Independent reported.

"The Disciplinary Commission at the Beach Handball EURO 2021 has dealt with a case of improper clothing," the European Handball Federation said in a statement. "In the bronze medal game against Spain on Sunday the team of Norway played with shorts that are not according to the Athlete Uniform Regulations defined in the IHF Beach Handball Rules of the Game."
Quote:

The Norway Handball Federation announced on Instagram that it would pay the fines for the team and offered its support of their decision.

"We are very proud of these girls who are at the European Championships in beach handball. They raised their voice and told us that enough is enough," it said in its post. "We are the Norwegian Handball Federation and we stand behind you and support you. We will continue to fight to change the international regulations for attire, so that players can play in the clothing they are comfortable with."
for comparison purposes so we have all the facts

nu awlins ag
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I'm sure their bums look even better in compression shorts.

Not looking all that bad from that photo. Who wouldn't want to see them in skimpy bottoms? But I'm sure playing in shorts is a lot easier on the crotch areas.
redcrayon
AG
Don't forget a pic of the men's beach volleyball team.

"">
Tex117
AG
Honestly, they should be able to choose what uniform best suits them for the sport.

Shorts, bikini bottoms, a tuxedo, whatever.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
Tibbers
Yeah I mean, I'm all for them being able to choose whatever they want to play in. Kinda ****ed to make them play in essentially bra and panties. Hell at that point we should just go back to the old days of the olympics and have everyone compete naked.
Skillet Shot
I think it would be most equitable if they all wore hijabs
peace
S
The shorts are better really, but the black socks have to go!
gbaby23
AG
Degenerate coomers
lb3
AG
After thorough research, I have concluded that the fines should be rescinded and replaced with corporal punishment conducted in public.
dmart90
AG
Tex117 said:

Honestly, they should be able to choose what uniform best suits them for the sport.

This. How they ever thought fining them was a good idea is beyond me. What advantage did they get from wearing shorts? Other then not having their ass cheeks hanging out?
Tex117
AG
dmart90 said:

Tex117 said:

This. How they ever thought fining them was a good idea is beyond me. What advantage did they get from wearing shorts? Other then not having their ass cheeks hanging out?
Yeah....this is definitely one of those ..."umm, you fined them for what?"

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
10thYrSr
Interest level dropping....dropping...
AggiePetro07
AG
BQ_90 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Quote:

10, 6, 4, 7, 8, 2, 5, 9, 1, 3
eric76
AG
I wasn't sure what I would find in the thread when I clicked on it. I didn't think that the Norwegian team was playing bottomless, but you're never really sure, are you? After all, if they were playing bottomless, it is easy to see why they would be criticized for it.
Kozmozag
What the hell is beach handball? If they wore thongs I might no what ut is.
Nitro Power
AG
Ban check
TefIon Don
AG
AggiePetro07 said:

BQ_90 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Quote:

10, 6, 4, 7, 8, 2, 5, 9, 1, 3

I don't know. I kind of thought the thick one on the end would definitely give you the best time if you gave her the opportunity.
oldcrow91
AG
UTExan said:

But what if they weren't there to play a sport?
aggiejayrod
AG
Should be playing shirts vs. skins.
mazag08
AG
Every once in a while the world makes the correct decision.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.