Happy Fourth of July to ESPN!

8,919 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieMD95
Good Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Couldn't happen to a more deserving organization. Bless their woke little hearts.
Buck Turgidson
Like most things other than cars or computers, ESPN was a lot better in the 80's.
Al Bula
AG
https://techilive.in/a-disparaging-video-prompts-explosive-fallout-within-espn/

Here's the full text.
Sea Speed
AG
How do you read the article without subscribing. Isn't there a way to do that?
Sea Speed
AG
Thanks
Sea Speed
AG
It sure would be nice if they could just fire troublemakers.
_mpaul
AG
Good grief. What a bunch of children. The whole lot of them.

I like Maria Taylor a lot, and she had an opportunity to ignore the pettiness by Nichols and be the adult in the room. But nope!
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
TyHolden
AG
J.P. 03
AG
Quote:

"I wish Maria Taylor all the success in the world she covers football, she covers basketball," Nichols said in July 2020. "If you need to give her more things to do because you are feeling pressure about your crappy longtime record on diversity which, by the way, I know personally from the female side of it like, go for it. Just find it somewhere else. You are not going to find it from me or taking my thing away."
CDUB98
AG
I think this is a good statement:

Quote:

In a statement, Mendelsohn said: "I will share what I believed then and still believe to be true. Maria deserved and earned the position, and Rachel must respect it. Maria deserved it because of her work, and ESPN recognized that like many people and companies in America, they must intentionally change. Just because Maria got the job does not mean Rachel shouldn't get paid what she deserves. Rachel and Maria should not be forced into a zero-sum game by ESPN, and Rachel needed to call them out."

It's really sad what has happened with Taylor. I enjoyed Taylor on the SEC Network. I always thought she did a great job and took her role seriously. She did earn promotions, IMO. But then she turned completely political and made that more important than sports.

ESiPN in general is complete, political garbage now, and like most of you, I haven't watched in years.

It really is amazing how the woke movement destroys previously congenial workplaces. People used to get along, at least well enough to get the job done, but now, people don't want to work together due to constant grievances against the white boogeyman. This path is not sustainable.
Corn Pop
What are two things that shouldn't be involved in sports?

Politics and woman's opinions.
tysker
AG
Is the the first time two females vying for the same gig talk **** about everything and everyone which ultimately blows up the whole damn thing? Something something the scorn of a woman.
Tom Doniphon
You hate to see it....
Gap
AG
Quote:

It really is amazing how the woke movement destroys previously congenial workplaces. People used to get along, at least well enough to get the job done, but now, people don't want to work together due to constant grievances against the white boogeyman. This path is not sustainable.

The purpose of the woke movement isn't solving problems. The purpose is strife and creating an environment of "us vs them" as a means to power. The Marxist training of the leaders is not an aside or accident. They just determined America was too economically mobile to use class as the tool like in the early 1900s in Russia. The determination was made to use race in America in 2021.
Post removed:
by user
HollywoodBQ
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

Like most things other than cars or computers, ESPN was a lot better in the 80's.
Just last night, I was explaining to my daughter born in 1998 about how Jim Rome owned the late evening broadcast on ESPN in 1998.

This conversation came up after she heard about the Jim/Chris Everett incident.

YouBet
AG
In reading that transcript, the lady that recorded the video and passed it around deserved to be fired. She contributed almost single-handedly to a toxic work environment by pouring gasoline on a situation that could have been avoided.

And Taylor is overtly demanding and exhibiting retribution to a fellow employee who was talking privately in a 1:1 with someone else. And whose statement (Nichols) frankly wasn't even that bad. Retribution like that is grounds for termination at any normal employer. I would not extend her contract because of it.
Demosthenes81
AG
Sea Speed said:

How do you read the article without subscribing. Isn't there a way to do that?
https://medium.com/how-to-blogs/how-to-get-around-newspaper-paywalls-in-2020-read-article-for-free-768b5cbe201f

Option 5 in that list worked for me.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
zoneag
Meh, white progressive woman getting burned by woke culture. Do not care.
Bobaloo
Those lucky enough to live in the USA in 2021 have won the human lottery. Most are too stupid to realize it.
Fairview
AG
They had major technical issues during the hot dog eating contest today. Probably half of the 10 minutes including the end didn't get shown.

TAMU1990
AG
_mpaul said:

Good grief. What a bunch of children. The whole lot of them.

I like Maria Taylor a lot, and she had an opportunity to ignore the pettiness by Nichols and be the adult in the room. But nope!
I don't like her anymore. Just stay away from the SEC Network.
wyoag93
AG
Why are people who support Marxism worried about how much money they make?
gtaggie_08
AG
What a rough week for ESiPN, this article combines with the reports that Taylor wants to be paid like SAS at $8 mil/year (laughable as she doesn't bring in nearly the number of eyeballs that he does).

Just kidding! Couldn't have happened to a bigger group of morons. They are the CNN of sports now
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
It's funny how important these people think they are. Nobody gives a **** about any of these people. Rachel Nichols, Maria Taylor both acting like they've been held back in their careers because of their race and sex when literally thousands of people could do their job.

Both literally get paid tons of money to talk about sports. **** them and their whining.
Ciboag96
wyoag93 said:

Why are people who support Marxism worried about how much money they make?

They believe they will be in the leadership politburo.
Ciboag96
Misty watercolor memorieeeeeees..

_mpaul
AG
gtaggie_08 said:

What a rough week for ESiPN, this article combines with the reports that Taylor wants to be paid like SAS at $8 mil/year (laughable as she doesn't bring in nearly the number of eyeballs that he does).

Just kidding! Couldn't have happened to a bigger group of morons. They are the CNN of sports now
I don't understand why any of these people are worth that kind of money. Who watches sports based on the commentators? It's not like I'm not going to watch college sports because Maria Taylor or Erin Andrews is on the sidelines. The whole thing is nuts.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
YouBet
AG
_mpaul said:

gtaggie_08 said:

I don't understand why any of these people are worth that kind of money. Who watches sports based on the commentators? It's not like I'm not going to watch college sports because Maria Taylor or Erin Andrews is on the sidelines. The whole thing is nuts.

I don't get it either. The whole sideline reporter thing is the most unnecessary and unasked for feature of any sport. No one cares about them and they add nothing to the production or game. Canned questions with canned answers.

It would be interesting to see ESPN cut that cost from production and watch them realize almost no one cared that they did it.
zgolfz85
AG
women turn on each other so quickly. this is so dumb on their part....if they teamed up, they'd make it much farther together. instead, they'll both be hated by one side or the other now. clearly it's not about "women's rights"....it's about "my rights"
GiveEmHellBill
AG
_mpaul said:

gtaggie_08 said:

Well, being honest I'd more likely to watch if Erin Andrews was on the sideline..
Ferg
YouBet said:

_mpaul said:

gtaggie_08 said:

I don't get it either. The whole sideline reporter thing is the most unnecessary and unasked for feature of any sport. No one cares about them and they add nothing to the production or game. Canned questions with canned answers.

It would be interesting to see ESPN cut that cost from production and watch them realize almost no one cared that they did it.
Given that the folks in the booth talk directly to the coaches during games......
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
The answer is to bring in Miss Nevada to take both of their jobs.
YouBet
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

The answer is to bring in Miss Nevada to take both of their jobs.
You know it's coming.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.