Stacey Abrams: Flipping Georgia Blue & The "Magic" of Black Women

4,811 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Burdizzo
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trevor Noah makes Stacey Abrams appear to be a super hero for flipping Georgia blue.

Stacey Abrams: Flipping Georgia Blue & The "Magic" of Black Women | The Daily Social Distancing Show - YouTube

Here are some of the comments that praise her like she is a superhero:

"Stacey Abrams showed us that Georgia is not a deep red state, there are just voters whose voices has been silenced."

"Stacey SCARES Republicans so much. As they should be. She is smart and ruthless, and does it with a smile on her face. We love you!"

"So humble. So dang smart. I hope she runs for President someday."

"People of America! NEVER forget what this woman has done for you and your country."

"Stacy Abrams saved this country."

I am glad Brian Kemp defeated Stacey Abrams 50.2% to 48.8% in the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial election. If Abrams runs again in 2022, I hope Kemp beats her for the 2nd straight gubernatorial election.
annie88
AG
Barf.
titan
S

Lawlessness can accomplish wonders. Especially when the other side has only just started to reciprocate.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
PanzerAggie06
AG
Georgia is purple. Not blue. And before the left gets to cocky let's wait and see what happens in 22 and 24. The election of 20 was impacted by a highly charged and hyper tribal electorate and add to that a pandemic. Hardly a typical election year. The Abrams magic could be a one hit wonder.
Waffledynamics
AG
Disgusting.
aggiephoenix02
She looks like Grimace...
Ol_Ag_02
AG
She's not from Houston so it's not super appropriate, but what the hell.

PanzerAggie06
AG
Warnock has to run again in 22. That race will be a huge test of the Dems resurgence in GA. Got to believe the GOP will go all out to unseat him.
aggiephoenix02
It's bizarre how ugly she is, if she was a man but looked 100% the same as she does now she would be just as ugly.
aggiephoenix02
And for anyone that wants to flag my posts because she's black and you're a snowflake, her ugliness transcends race and color and gender. It's not a race thing, that human being is fugly...
Captain Pablo
AG
She's going to kick Brian Kemp's ass in 2022
PanzerAggie06
AG
I imagine if she were to try and kick anything she'd have a rough time staying up on one foot. Not sure her ankle could bear all that stress.
BusterAg
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

"Stacey Abrams showed us that Georgia is not a deep red state, there are just voters whose voices has been silenced."

The thing that silenced most of those voters is that they died. Some of them long ago.
BTKAG97
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

"People of America! NEVER forget what this woman has done for you and your country."
Agreed
ttu_85
PanzerAggie06 said:

Georgia is purple. Not blue. And before the left gets to cocky let's wait and see what happens in 22 and 24. The election of 20 was impacted by a highly charged and hyper tribal electorate and add to that a pandemic. Hardly a typical election year. The Abrams magic could be a one hit wonder.
Georgia has a problem. 65% of it 10.8MM people lives in 1 urban area. We dont have a counter balance. Its retake the suburbs or lose it completely.

Ga is the next Illinois. The math there is bad. Tennessee will also develop this problem. Memphis has always been a declining blue dump but Nashville is high growth with a dark blue core and red burbs. Cant lose those burbs.
Owlagdad
Good reason to drive the northern route instead of 20 to the east coast- and avoid spending any money in Ga.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Hopefully, Doug Collins can primary him.
TXAG 05
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Trevor Noah makes Stacey Abrams appear to be a super hero for flipping Georgia blue.

Stacey Abrams: Flipping Georgia Blue & The "Magic" of Black Women | The Daily Social Distancing Show - YouTube

Here are some of the comments that praise her like she is a superhero:

"Stacey SCARES Republicans so much. As they should be. She is smart and ruthless, and does it with a smile on her face. We love you!"

"So humble. So dang smart. I hope she runs for President someday."

"Stacy Abrams saved this country."

I am glad Brian Kemp defeated Stacey Abrams 50.2% to 48.8% in the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial election. If Abrams runs again in 2022, I hope Kemp beats her for the 2nd straight gubernatorial election.

Based on recent elections, I'd say she wins big on the next one.
Foamcows
AG
Two observations. First is having tact in celebrating a win. Trevors cantor does nothing to help both sides come together, he just pushes more of the divide as if one side is completely in the wrong and the other is completely in the right.

Second, what does someone's attractiveness have anything to do with their ability to perform their job? Do only attractive people matter? Choosing to attack someone for this reason only makes you look stupid.
Muy
AG
Owlagdad said:

Good reason to drive the northern route instead of 20 to the east coast- and avoid spending any money in Ga.

Can't stand Georgia, Atlanta is garbage.
Aggie95
AG
Quote:

They screamed this for years, but even the mention of ANY voter fraud is cause for you to be labeled a conspiracy nut.
Aggie95
AG
Captain Pablo said:

She still hasn't conceded the last race...
BallerStaf2003
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

I imagine if she were to try and kick anything she'd have a rough time staying up on one foot. Not sure her ankle could bear all that stress.

Regardless of infantile jokes about her weight, what she did was outwork everyone to flip the state.

I'm sure republicans wish they had people with that sort of drive in the last election.
Aggie Jurist
AG
The difference was the use of mail-in votes. She and her machine were able to go into peoples' homes, mark the ballots for the resident(s) and mail them in. That is our future. Thanks to COVID and a number of feckless GOPers, elections will simply be given to those with the ability to cajole the 'right' voters to send in their ballots.
LGB
Kozmozag
If they keep the current mail in vote system, its blue for good.
GeorgiAg
AG
Abrams lost the election to Kemp under dubious circumstances.
Kemp was Secretary of State and there were allegations of voter purges and suppression. I didn't look into it much, but there was a good deal of smoke there.

After she lost, she was like a demon possessed to register black voters and watched the voter rolls like a hawk. The Covid storm happened at the right time. Georgia had had absentee ballots for a long time but they were used like never before.

Kemp is a dead man walking, but probably in the primary. Then you'll have a no name Republican going against her if she runs.

The demographics in the Atlanta 'burbs is changing too. My county was all white R government for the last 50 years. Now it is almost 100% Democrats and African American.

I've met her and heard her talk in person. She's very smart. (Damn she's heavy- eat a salad, woman). But she's set, in part, to alter the course of Georgia politics. The demographic shift is a large part of it. It is coming for Texas too. Republicans need a new strategy other than scare the old white people.
PanzerAggie06
AG
So infantile jokes about a politicos appearance are now verboten? Thanks for the update. Let me guess, that rule kicked in on 20 Jan around noon eastern.

Again, as for Staceys "magic" and hard work let's wait and see if it was her or if it was simply the most rancorous presidential election year in decades.
BallerStaf2003
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

So infantile jokes about a politicos appearance are now verboten? Thanks for the update. Let me guess, that rule kicked in on 20 Jan around noon eastern.

Again, as for Staceys "magic" and hard work let's wait and see if it was her or if it was simply the most rancorous presidential election year in decades.

Never said that, but it is misogynistic and childish that every woman in Biden's administration (or Stacy Abrams) is reduced to how ugly they are on this board as opposed to their actual accomplishments.

Says a lot about the posters engaging in that rhetoric.
Bonfire1996
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Abrams lost the election to Kemp under dubious circumstances.
Kemp was Secretary of State and there were allegations of voter purges and suppression. I didn't look into it much, but there was a good deal of smoke there.

After she lost, she was like a demon possessed to register black voters and watched the voter rolls like a hawk. The Covid storm happened at the right time. Georgia had had absentee ballots for a long time but they were used like never before.

Kemp is a dead man walking, but probably in the primary. Then you'll have a no name Republican going against her if she runs.

The demographics in the Atlanta 'burbs is changing too. My county was all white R government for the last 50 years. Now it is almost 100% Democrats and African American.

I've met her and heard her talk in person. She's very smart. (Damn she's heavy- eat a salad, woman). But she's set, in part, to alter the course of Georgia politics. The demographic shift is a large part of it. It is coming for Texas too. Republicans need a new strategy other than scare the old white people.
LOLOLOL. I finally figured you out.

You are a closet liberal attorney who pretends to be a right leaning moderate in order to attract the hourly rates of white conservatives in Georgia. In other words, spineless to state your actual allegiances. Guess what, when the race hustlers come for your wealth, they aren't going to listen to you when you tell them you voted Democrat.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
"Racism is like corn syrup. It's in everything." - T. Noah

That's all I need to know about this race-baiting idiot.
PanzerAggie06
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Never said that, but it is misogynistic and childish that every woman in Biden's administration (or Stacy Abrams) is reduced to how ugly they are on this board as opposed to their actual accomplishments.

One need not write something directly in order to make a statement about a given subject l. It's called inference.

Your "outrage" concerning jokes about Abrams gross obesity might be a bit more palatable had you come to the rescue of the multiple women associated with Trump who were viciously attacked during his tenure. Did you frequently do that?

As for rhetoric....... it's clear there is no drought on either side regarding that so to point out it exists in this thread is rather superfluous.
Maroon Dawn
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

Pelosi's first priority is making mass mail in voter fraud permanent to make "the magic" happen every election
Betoisafurry
Trevor Noah is smug jackass, at least Jon stewart was occasionally funny. I've never even smiled at anything Trevor has said.
Betoisafurry
Ah yeah harvesting ballots, what a hero!
BallerStaf2003
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

One need not write something directly in order to make a statement about a given subject l. It's called inference.

Your "outrage" concerning jokes about Abrams gross obesity might be a bit more palatable had you come to the rescue of the multiple women associated with Trump who were viciously attacked during his tenure. Did you frequently do that?

As for rhetoric....... it's clear there is no drought on either side regarding that so to point out it exists in this thread is rather superfluous.

The women in Trump's administration were pretty good looking, to be honest. Most of the rhetoric against them was due to their actions, for the most part.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.