My Twitter dilemma

1,979 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by samurai_science
TequilaMockingbird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a Twitter page. I don't use it for politics at all. My main purpose for having the page has been to post scores from our high school sporting events in conjunction with a website I do for the booster club.

I've been using the Twitter feed embed tool on the website so that anything I tweet pops up on the website. What tools or apps are available to allow me to do that without using Twitter?
IslanderAg04
TequilaMockingbird said:

I have a Twitter page. I don't use it for politics at all. My main purpose for having the page has been to post scores from our high school sporting events in conjunction with a website I do for the booster club.

I've been using the Twitter feed embed tool on the website so that anything I tweet pops up on the website. What tools or apps are available to allow me to do that without using Twitter?

Anything that allows webhooks. It's definitely not exclusive to Twitter.
TequilaMockingbird
I wonder if Parler or MeWe will offer an embed widget someday.
zephyr88
AG
It's ok to use a free service like Twitter for sports reporting and not participate in its political nonsense.

Think about it... there different tools for different needs. You don't hammer a nail with a tomato.
AGHouston11
AG
zephyr88 said:

It's ok to use a free service like Twitter for sports reporting and not participate in its political nonsense.

Think about it... there different tools for different needs. You don't hammer a nail with a tomato.

When there are other ways to do then it is ok to just not use twitter also.
zephyr88
AG
AGHouston11 said:

zephyr88 said:

When there are other ways to do then it is ok to just not use twitter also.
True.

My response was to his specific use... high school sports reporting (not politics). I'm sure it's only a matter of time until other services like Parler will have webhook capabilities (if they don't already). However, I'm not sure the average 15-18 year old high school kid is actively engaged with Parler (yet) when all their sports teams and favorite players are not on Parler.

I have Twitter & Instagram for sports & entertainment/music, but I mostly lurk. I guess I don't really "use" them.

I have Facebook, but use it for friendly commentary and keeping up with old friends.

I recently added Parler for political news.

I have TexAgs active debate and interaction!

It's ok to have multiple sources.
justcallmeharry
S

nortex97
AG
It's going to take time to transition away from google/twitter etc. Facebook isn't a problem for me, but that's another challenge for some.

I think for just email and twitter it is reasonable to phase it out entirely over about 6-12 months. No real harm in using twitter for a HS sports club other than letting Jack know too much about your interests/contacts.
Muy
AG
Is this a part of a job or business? If not, and people want to see your sports posts, move to another platform and let them know you apologize for making this switch but in light of the anti-free speech actions of Twitter, you have changed platforms and hope to see everyone on your new channel.
Premium
AG
Where does it stop. Are we going to boycott TexAgs for being on Twitter?
A is A
AG
Premium said:

Where does it stop. Are we going to boycott TexAgs for being on Twitter?

Not but simply don't post texags tweets. Post their archive link or screenshot them if y'all want to discuss.

The point is to make traffic low through their servers.
samurai_science
Muy said:

Is this a part of a job or business? If not, and people want to see your sports posts, move to another platform and let them know you apologize for making this switch but in light of the anti-free speech actions of Twitter, you have changed platforms and hope to see everyone on your new channel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.