Sidney Powell Reveals She's Building a RICO Case Against Dominion

11,538 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by jt2hunt
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

Attorney Sidney Powell says that her battle over the Nov. 3 election is far from over, saying that the evidence she is gathering could turn into a major racketeering case under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

Powell appeared Thursday on Lou Dobbs' Fox Business News program and explained what she has found.

Four names, she said, were central to her investigation: Jorge Rodriguez, a former minister for communications for Venezuela; Khalil Majid Mazzoub, whom Powell identified as a link to the U.S.-designated terrorist group Hezbollah; Gustavo Reyes-Zumeta, a computer programmer; and Antonio Mugica, CEO of the elections technology company Smartmatic, which has been linked in some accounts to Dominion Voting Systems....

"We have identifes, roles and bacground of Dominion, Smartmatic people," the summary states. "This will turn into a massive RICO filing. It is Smartmatic, Dominon Voting Sytems, Sequoia, SGO. If you come forward now to cooperate with law enforcement, you will be better off."
https://www.westernjournal.com/sidney-powell-reveals-building-massive-rico-case-dominion-smartmatic/

BMX Bandit
Donate today!!
titan
S

Useless. Pace is too slow, out of time and credibility.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
leftcoastaggie
AG
captkirk said:

Quote:

Attorney Sidney Powell says that her battle over the Nov. 3 election is far from over, saying that the evidence she is gathering could turn into a major racketeering case under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

Powell appeared Thursday on Lou Dobbs' Fox Business News program and explained what she has found.

Four names, she said, were central to her investigation: Jorge Rodriguez, a former minister for communications for Venezuela; Khalil Majid Mazzoub, whom Powell identified as a link to the U.S.-designated terrorist group Hezbollah; Gustavo Reyes-Zumeta, a computer programmer; and Antonio Mugica, CEO of the elections technology company Smartmatic, which has been linked in some accounts to Dominion Voting Systems....

"We have identifes, roles and bacground of Dominion, Smartmatic people," the summary states. "This will turn into a massive RICO filing. It is Smartmatic, Dominon Voting Sytems, Sequoia, SGO. If you come forward now to cooperate with law enforcement, you will be better off."
https://www.westernjournal.com/sidney-powell-reveals-building-massive-rico-case-dominion-smartmatic/

This is the big one!!
WestAustinAg
AG
this case isn't about Trump...this is about fixing the election problems that occurred over the next 2 years.
WestAustinAg
AG
i bet you think you provided a fun snarky reply...
Im Gipper
WestAustinAg said:

this case isn't about Trump...this is about fixing the election problems that occurred over the next 2 years.

Now that's funny! Well played
MaxNumberOfCharactersIs01
This is the big one! Part IV
HTownAg98
It's not RICO.
John Francis Donaghy
This should be good for another few million in donations.

Then all she has to do is scour 4chan for enough bs to fill up something that she can convince the internet is a RICO case, file it, let it get dismissed, blame the Deep State, and pocket the cash.
Ulrich
She's out of credibility... not that I ever put much trust in someone who spends so much time publicly bragging about what they're going to do.

Time to work quietly and actually do something.
74Ag1
AG
Oh dear
Another Kraken
Give it up Sidney
Cassius
WestAustinAg said:

HalifaxAg
AG
If there was ever a time for a special investigator, it's now...turn about is certainly fair play.
HoustonAggie37713
Cool story.
TexAgs91
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Donate today!!
strawman
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
TexAgs91
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Tenet?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
annie88
AG
I do eventually hope that heads role on this and we actually see some prison time for some of these people that have instigated this but regardless it'll be too late for Trump to gain his rightful second term. But given the way things seem to go towards liberals and Democrats and seeing that Hillary is still not in prison nor is Obama, I wouldn't hold out hope.
polarice
AG
Rico, She's not a federal prosecutor? Am I just dense
BMX Bandit
polarice said:

RICO also has a civil cause of action available
polarice
AG
BMX Bandit said:

polarice said:

RICO also has a civil cause of action available

Interesting, TIL. Thanks!
eric76
AG
polarice said:

I think that it can be used in civil cases, too.

I read an article a couple years or so ago that was written by a lawyer who, if I remember correctly, thinks that the only reason to allege a RICO offense is for publicity. I think it was on Popehat.

Ahhh. Searching for popehat rico found this real easily. Turns out it was from 2016.

https://www.popehat.com/2016/06/14/lawsplainer-its-not-rico-dammit/

Quote:

RICO is a really complicated racketeering law that has elaborate requirements that are difficult to meet. It's overused by idiot plaintiff lawyers, and it's ludicrously overused by a hundred million jackasses on the internet with an opinion and a mood disorder.

Do people on the Internet use "RICO" to sound tough. Do lawyers overuse it too?

Oh hell yes. And judges hate it. It's overcomplicated and most of the time it adds nothing to the case.

It's so overused especially by crazy pro se plaintiffs and so needless that a lot of federal judges have special RICO orders they issue in RICO cases demanding that the plaintiff explain, in painful detail, why they think they have a RICO claim. Like this one, for instance. Judges issue them automatically as soon as a RICO case hits their docket to gather information to dismiss the case because it's not ****ing RICO you idiot.

To win, a plaintiff would have to prove (1) conduct, (2) of an enterprise, (3) through a pattern, (4) of racketeering activity called "predicate acts," (5) causing injury to the plaintiff's "business or property."

Each of those terms means something complicated each term is a gateway to a whole bunch of other issues.

It's really difficult even to allege it right in a complaint. RICO claims usually generate a series of motions to dismiss. That's why judges often have standing orders requiring plaintiffs to explain how and why they are claiming RICO that's something judges don't do for almost any other cause of action. Most of the time, if a civil plaintiff can prove RICO, they can much more easily prove fraud or other more straightforward claims.

But mostly I think it's a scare tactic and a propaganda tool, as its idiotic rhetorical misuse suggests. Lawyers bring RICO claims so they can say "the defendant's behavior is so criminal that we sued them for RICO!" Dupes play along by describing RICO claims as "charges," and generally by acting like a RICO claim suggests that there's already been a finding that someone did something wrong.

It doesn't mean that. A RICO claim just means someone wrote down a RICO claim and filed it. Even if the RICO claim survives a motion to dismiss, that just means that a plaintiff was able to allege a complex set of facts in a convoluted way. It doesn't mean those facts are true.

Read the whole article at the link. It is worth the effort.
BMX Bandit
Will we see this filed before 1/20?
Barnyard96
AG
WestAustinAg said:

I'm all for this.
aggiehawg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Or filed as a counterclaim to Dominion's suit?
FIDO95
AG
If Powell would have played RICO back in November, Trump would have won State!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
unmade bed
aggiehawg said:

BMX Bandit said:

Or filed as a counterclaim to Dominion's suit?

TxTarpon
She is SIX FEET TALL!?!?!

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
TriAg2010
AG
Ken White's (@PopeHat) has an excellent ten-part podcast on First Amendment law. Well worth the listen.
Rapier108
*Yawn*
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Win At Life
AG
FIDO95 said:

Listen up, new guys. This is how you TexAgs.
oysterbayAG
AG
My guess is that the two old school pros, Powell & Giuliani are eventually going to surprise all the childlike Deep State clowns in DC and make them look like the ignorant, greedy chumps they are ! " Mrs Powell Goes To Washington "
Tex117
AG
FIDO95 said:

S-tier.
zephyr88
AG
titan said:

Useless. Pace is too slow, out of time and credibility.
Credibility (or lack thereof) cancels the whole deal.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.