SCOTUS here we come

7,408 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Claverack
Good Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zgolfz85
AG
pretty please
Post removed:
by user
unmade bed
The link is to PA's motion asking SCOTUS not to take the case.

Edit to say I understand from a true legal nerd perspective that is not really a "motion asking SCOTUS not to take the case" but that was the easiest way to describe a Brief in Opposition of Petition for Certiorari without sounding like an a-hole.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex
black_ice
C@LAg said:

yeah. they will not touch this.

sanangelo
AG
Yes. The link was written like a Karl Marx screed. Hard to decipher but generally states court should bow to the power of the people behind the 10000 late voters by mail. Or something.

Not written by the white hats, the good guys at all.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
unmade bed
I actually think this is the one Republicans have a chance to win, but unless there is another link, I don't think scotus has granted certiorari
Tibbers
Read the summation. They are downplaying the SOS action by saying it didn't have an effect on the overall election. This is not what you think it is OP.
unmade bed
Tibbers said:

Read the summation. They are downplaying the SOS action by saying it didn't have an effect on the overall election. This is not what you think it is OP.

Even if it won't impact overall election scotus may feel the need to put the smack down on State Supreme courts that think Sec of State can override state legislature vis a vis election law.
Post removed:
by user
unmade bed
Yes, I believe you are correct (regarding which case this is). Not sure about the mootness issue. I could go either way on it without needing to call SCOTUS justices traitors for how they decide.
Good Poster
AG
Tibbers said:

I didn't offer any opinion on the content. Topic title merely said, "scotus here we come" which is true. I posted it for people to offer opinions. But nice one bro.
AggieDub14
AG
SCOTUS chooses the cases they hear. So will SCOTUS actually hear this case?
black_ice
AggieDub14 said:

Unsure at this moment
black_ice
Did the tweet disappear?
Shakes the Clown
It's gone
Where's the tweet?
unmade bed
It was hosted on the Dominion Server in Germany.
black_ice
I'll have to remove my star form the OP if the tweet is gone.
unmade bed
black_ice said:

I'll have to remove my star form the OP if the tweet is gone.

I hope I don't lose mine for my prompt on point legal analysis. 4 stars was pretty close to a career high for me.
Good Poster
AG
black_ice said:

Did the tweet disappear?

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/20/20-542/162063/20201130140620945_RPP%20Opp%20Cert%20v.FINAL.pdf

I believe this is the link
Good Poster
AG
AggieDub14 said:

black_ice said:

AggieDub14 said:

Unsure at this moment

Which means OP title is a lie. SCOTUS here we come implies it's already been decided to be heard.

Wow, I really gotta do this?

Do you say "here we come" when you are leaving for your destination or once you've arrived? The filing is on the way to scotus. They can do what they want with it as far as choosing to hear it but it is on the way to them.

Some people........
Tibbers
It's deceptive at best and not indicative of a....wait for it....good poster.
Good Poster
AG
Tibbers said:

It's deceptive at best and not indicative of a....wait for it....good poster.

Didn't I already serve you once tonight?
BMX Bandit
Good Poster said:

AggieDub14 said:

black_ice said:

AggieDub14 said:

Unsure at this moment

Which means OP title is a lie. SCOTUS here we come implies it's already been decided to be heard.

Wow, I really gotta do this?

Do you say "here we come" when you are leaving for your destination or once you've arrived? The filing is on the way to scotus. They can do what they want with it as far as choosing to hear it but it is on the way to them.

Some people........

The Democrats filing is the one just filed. So in the the "here we come" of your title, "we" is the democrats.

Good luck Manny
eric76
AG
sanangelo said:

Yes. The link was written like a Karl Marx screed. Hard to decipher but generally states court should bow to the power of the people behind the 10000 late voters by mail. Or something.

Not written by the white hats, the good guys at all.
The good guys all want big government -- the bigger the better -- and no such thing as states rights?
Triple S
S
Good Poster said:

Tibbers said:

I didn't offer any opinion on the content. Topic title merely said, "scotus here we come" which is true. I posted it for people to offer opinions. But nice one bro.

Yeah,

I have a couple of "friends" on my facebook like those two wet blankets who think they are here to spread real truth......

Wet Blanket and @Ead
Pumpkinhead
AG
It's too late. Biden train has left the station.
mesocosm
AG
When is Team Trump going to file a lawsuit that actually alleges fraud?
Religion is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world - Bertrand Russell
HTownAg98
Sidney has. That being said, if you don't consider her part of Team Trump, I understand.
BMX Bandit
HTownAg98 said:

Sidney has. That being said, if you don't consider her part of Team Trump, I understand.
I think Trump and Rudy make it clear she is not.
BMX Bandit
So what happens if the Republican Party of PA wins this case? The late received ballots are thrown out?
kappmeyer
So is this the kraken? Or the side show fake kraken while the real one is still waiting to be released?
Texaggie7nine
7nine
HTownAg98
kappmeyer said:

So is this the kraken? Or the side show fake kraken while the real one is still waiting to be released?

This is the mail-in ballot challenge by the RNC in Pennsylvania. Cuttlefish I and II are in GA and MI, and not to be confused with Rudy's trash onion.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.