San Fran " Abundant Birth Project", whitey need not apply

2,378 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by titan
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/516657-pregnant-black-pacific-islander-women-in-san-francisco-to
Quote:

Approximately 150 pregnant Black and Pacific Islander women in San Francisco will receive a $1,000 monthly supplement during their pregnancies and for the first six months of their babies' lives, the city's mayor announced.

Mayor London Breed's (D) office said on Monday that the Abundant Birth Project is the first of its kind in the country. The project's goal is to eventually provide a supplement for as long as two years post-pregnancy.

"Providing guaranteed income support to mothers during pregnancy is an innovative and equitable approach that will ease some of the financial stress that all too often keeps women from being able to put their health first," Breed said.

"The Abundant Birth Project is rooted in racial justice and recognizes that Black and Pacific Islander mothers suffer disparate health impacts, in part because of the persistent wealth and income gap. Thanks to the work of the many partners involved, we are taking real action to end these disparities and are empowering mothers with the resources they need to have healthy pregnancies and births," she added.

Black infants are nearly twice as likely to be born prematurely than white infants in San Francisco. Pacific Islander infants have the second-highest preterm birth rate in the city, according to the mayor's office.

Black families also account for half of maternal deaths in the city and 15 percent of infant deaths, although they represent just 4 percent of all births.

The project has drawn funding from a slate of sources, including a grant from the Hellman Foundation, an award of $1.1 million from Twitter founder Jack Dorsey's #startsmall campaign and $200,000 from the San Francisco Department of Public Health.

"Structural racism, which has left Black and Pacific Islander communities particularly exposed to COVID-19, also threatens the lives of Black and PI mothers and babies." Zea Malawa of the San Francisco Department of Public Health said in Monday's statement.
It's racist but I prefer this instead giving tax-payer money to planned parenthood.
Prune Tracy
AgBQ-00
AG
Mayor's name checks out
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
B-1 83
AG
I have to wonder if there are other factors than "racism" that might explain the higher rate of pre-mature births.
Glenlivet
AG
How about quit having babies if you can't afford it?
SLAM
I see they found a way to support more single mothers with gibsmedats!
Ag87H2O
AG
The project has drawn funding from a slate of sources, including a grant from the Hellman Foundation, an award of $1.1 million from Twitter founder Jack Dorsey's #startsmall campaign and $200,000 from the San Francisco Department of Public Health.

Private donors can do what they want with their money, but we don't need any more of these social justice projects funded by public tax dollars.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
This will change nothing and I take no pleasure saying this. But $999 of 1000 dollars will go to new shoes, clothes, purses, hair, clubbing, etc for the most likely single mom. The grandmother will raise the baby like always.

Fix the culture and this problem goes away.

This is still better than funding abortion though, that's for sure.
Canyon99
So here we have a perfect example of institutional racism that so many on the left wail about.

"The collective failure of an organization to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their color, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behavior that amount to discrimination through prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness, and racist stereotyping which disadvantage people."
titan
S

Breitbart right's message on these matters is being confirmed as fact each passing day.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Krautag81
...and where is this money coming from? Taxpayers!
Get Off My Lawn
Quote:

"If you want more of something, subsidize it; if you want less of something, tax it."
TxSquarebody
Dem mayor Breed is pro-life....who knew?
Let's see...we have earned income credit, WIC, food stamps, and now a stipend just for popping out a kid that was most likely an oopsie. I'm in the wrong line of work!
Get Off My Lawn
Oh, and obligatory:

WoMD
Krautag81 said:

...and where is this money coming from? Taxpayers!

Like all SF programs it is funded by property owners (me) and business owners (thankfully no longer me). Every year every proposition is worded as if someone else is paying for it, so why not vote yes? Rich people are paying for it, so vote yes!
dmart90
AG
I had to look it up - the last Republican mayor in SF left office in 1964. I wonder who is responsible for all that structural racism in SF???
Maroon Dawn
AG
And as Princeton just taught us:

Libs: "Structural Racism is real!!"

US GOVT: "Okay...so you've just admitted to a federal crime and violating the Civil Rights act and may be responsible for billions in penalties"

Libs: .......

Libs: "Okay when I say structural racism is real, I didn't mean REAL! I meant real like how Santa is real if you just believe hard enough!"
Owlagdad
buys a lot of Kools, blunts and malt liquor for baby daddy
titan
S
dmart90 said:

I had to look it up - the last Republican mayor in SF left office in 1964. I wonder who is responsible for all that structural racism in SF???
The routine covering up of this fact, the breathless glossing it over and just passing it by, is one of the reasons the whole field of national `news' is so contemptible and disreputable. They just ignore this 1-to-1 correspondence between Democrat rule and urban rot.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.