SIAP: Dallas FC Fans Boo Kneeling Players: Chant USA!

8,545 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MGS
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/3363827001

Dallas player Reggie Cannon said that players did not originally want a national anthem, then decided to kneel during the national anthem and were disappointed when fans booed and chanted USA, USA. He said the players had cleared this with the team and league beforehand.
I guess they forgot to check with the people actually paying the bills.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Onceaggie2.0
Cry Baby Cannon.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Wait until there is a full house !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Post removed:
by user
wreckncrew
AG
I couldnt be more proud.
MallalieuAg
AG
I hope all the true Americans do this when fans are allowed back into the stands. All Lives Matter!!!
Spotted Ag
AG
This Reggie Cannon guy seems like a real DB.
zoneag
Seems like it would make more of a statement if the fans just didn't show up anymore.
DallasAg 94
ironmanag
AG
But but.. I have the right to protest..

You sure do and I have the right to boo you and chant USA..USA..USA..
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
J.P. 03
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Wait until there is a full house !
At a soccer game?!??!
aggie813
So this player feels "disgusted" that others expressed their opinion, which is not in line with his opinion? Some people are so moronic it's not even funny.
Hey genius! Did you ever think that maybe they feel disgusted which is why they are booing you.?
UTExan
Dallas FC lost. In more ways than one.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
annie88
AG
Never heard of him but he sounds like a chode.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG

One of the responses

Hey Kelly, Portland, NYC, Chicago, etc. say hello. And feelings.... Grow up, no one cares.
Verne Lundquist
AgBQ-00
AG
The can go eff themselves. We have to demonstrate our values. The same can be said for the fans. Don't like it? Maybe you should try to understand them.
fightingfarmer09
FAT SEXY said:

Soccer fans being patriotic.. Figured this would be the last group to be so.

Soccer has the most visible National team of all the sports. Most of the fans begin as fans of the US Men's team. I would expect them to be OVERLY patriotic.
agdoc2001
AG
FAT SEXY said:

O rly?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
policywonk98
AG
FAT SEXY said:

This stadium ain't in LA.

Northern Collin County, Texas.

Even the people up there not from America love America.

TxTarpon
That seems to be the new trend.
Even Jerry Jones is wavering.

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Artorias
AG
If he doesn't like it, he should request to be traded.
who?mikejones
AG
Dear pro player,

Maybe people disagree with the message? Is that not okay?

Maybe people think you are choosing BLM, Inc. over the USA and disagree with the choice. Is that not okay?

Maybe the fans in the stands are making their voices heard just as you are making your voice heard. Is that not okay?
tysker
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

FAT SEXY said:

Soccer has the most visible National team of all the sports. Most of the fans begin as fans of the US Men's team. I would expect them to be OVERLY patriotic.
I love the Mexican people but I loathe the Mexican national soccer team. Like tu level of loathing. I guess I'm selectively jingoistic when it comes to USMNT matches.
beanbean
I love a feel good story.
Darth Randy
The response to this on Twitter is typical. "Stupid racist white people"
jrdaustin
AG
Amazing that the reporter didn't ask the blatantly obvious follow up question to his comment that he "loved the team and he loved the fans."

Well Reggie, do you love your country?

jimscott85
AG
It's just gotten old. So old that it's nothing but disrespect. You've been heard. We get it.

If you kneel, I'm not learning anything new. I'm not "waking up" any more than I already have. I'm not going to be moved by "just one more kneeler."

Quit it, get on with your job and start a shelter or do something that actually backs up your virtue signaling.
Artorias
AG
jimscott85 said:

It's just gotten old. So old that it's nothing but disrespect. You've been heard. We get it.

If you kneel, I'm not learning anything new. I'm not "waking up" any more than I already have. I'm not going to be moved by "just one more kneeler."

Quit it, get on with your job and start a shelter or do something that actually backs up your virtue signaling.
Why actually DO anything, when you get the "woke" points for slacktivism/virtue signaling?
Mas89
AG
"We asked for the anthem not to be played". Soccer player Reggie

Go play in Haiti where you will be loved. You POS.
stillmerk
AG
Cannon has been linked with a move to Europe. So if these fans disgust him, he ain't seen nothing yet.
TarponChaser
What a flipping joke. Cannon is the epitome of a privileged child who has literally never known oppression of any sort.

From an ESPN bio on him:
Quote:

To say that Cannon's family is accomplished is an understatement. This is a family driven first by their faith. After that comes academics.

His parents both went to Brown, his mother is a urologist, and his father is a radiologist. Then there is his stepfather, who played college football at Dartmouth. One of Cannon's sisters is an attorney, and one of his brothers is a pilot. Then there is his grandfather, the man who helped convince him to accept the contract offer from Dallas.

His grandfather, coincidentally, is Nobel Prize winner Dr. Warren Washington. A senior scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, Washington has published more than 150 articles during his professional career and in 2010 was awarded the National Medal of Science by President Barack Obama. It was an unusual situation for Cannon, who was guided and pushed academically his whole life. Here he was, seeking advice from his Ivy League-educated parents as well as his grandfather, who is one of the most accomplished scientists and minds in the world.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-dallas/story/3902665/how-a-nobel-prize-winner-led-reggie-cannon-to-breakout-success-in-dallas
Onceaggie2.0
TarponChaser said:

What a flipping joke. Cannon is the epitome of a privileged child who has literally never known oppression of any sort.

From an ESPN bio on him:
Quote:

To say that Cannon's family is accomplished is an understatement. This is a family driven first by their faith. After that comes academics.

His parents both went to Brown, his mother is a urologist, and his father is a radiologist. Then there is his stepfather, who played college football at Dartmouth. One of Cannon's sisters is an attorney, and one of his brothers is a pilot. Then there is his grandfather, the man who helped convince him to accept the contract offer from Dallas.

His grandfather, coincidentally, is Nobel Prize winner Dr. Warren Washington. A senior scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, Washington has published more than 150 articles during his professional career and in 2010 was awarded the National Medal of Science by President Barack Obama. It was an unusual situation for Cannon, who was guided and pushed academically his whole life. Here he was, seeking advice from his Ivy League-educated parents as well as his grandfather, who is one of the most accomplished scientists and minds in the world.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-dallas/story/3902665/how-a-nobel-prize-winner-led-reggie-cannon-to-breakout-success-in-dallas

i see nothing but systematic racism there.
Prexys Moon
AG
FPS_Dough said:

TarponChaser said:

From an ESPN bio on him:
Quote:

i see nothing but systematic racism there.
boy he's from the hood, isn't he?

What a clown. YOU want to bring politics into your sport, you want to express your feelings...and God forbid the fans do the same.

Typical liberals. They want all their rights, freedom of expression, etc. But people on the other side of issues...you must be silenced.
oldcrow91
AG
policywonk98 said:

FAT SEXY said:

This stadium ain't in LA.

Northern Collin County, Texas.

Even the people up there not from America love America.

I was thinking this must have been in Frisco.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.