Looks Like Tarrant County Schools will be Online Through September

2,718 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cant Think of a Name
OldAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Local news is saying that the health department will issue an order today mandating all schools in Tarrant County to be online-only through September 28th. I hope this is not true, but I'm sure it will be. So freaking disappointing.
Sims
AG
Also, the order will say that households with two working parents will reimbursed for additional child care.

Oh wait, it won't.
Rex Racer
AG
I just don't get this. What's going to happen in October to make things any safer? Just bite the bullet now.
CyclingAg82
AG
We got the same notification in SA, we live in NEISD.

Really hoping the governor steps in - don't know if he can issue an EO, directing the ISD's to open on schedule.
MaroonStain
AG
Flag this POS off the site.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
rgag12
AG
Rex Racer said:

I just don't get this. What's going to happen in October to make things any safer? Just bite the bullet now.

They are slowly ripping off the band-aid. Instead of facing the full wrath of everyone all at once you tell people OH WAIT BUT MAYBE LATER. Then when it comes apparent there is going to be no school parents will not fight back as vigorously as you've taken away much of the school year already.
Tanya 93
Wearamaskaggie said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wearamaskaggie said:

More time with the kids though, right?
You are not a parent

Thanks!
Love your kids lady, they'll be gone before you know it
I do love my kid.
You obviously have not been here long enough

Loving them means doing what is best.
And that is going back to school August 24th

I am lucky that I worked from home a great deal before Covid. Not everyone is that lucky. And we don't really have enough childcare space, especially if the Adventure Club, which is done through MU education at every elementary school does not happen.

My son is insanely social, gifted, and funny. He needs, along with most of his friends, in person classes.
6% of this town wants online classes. So they will get it. Everyone else wants them back in school
Maroon Dawn
AG
Still waiting for the data that justifies this

Ol_Ag_02
AG
This virus is overwhelming not lethal to children. Keeping them out of schools is detrimental to the education, social development, and emotional well being.

It's selfishness on behalf of the TEA and county commissioners. **** them.
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Here is the data that they are using...

OldAg92
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Still waiting for the data that justifies this

Unfortunately we will be waiting a loooooong time, because data to support this idiocy does not exist
Maverick06
AG
Wonder how this affects districts that have schools in both Tarrant and Denton County. Northwest ISD has schools in both counties.
rebag00
AG
Maverick06 said:

Wonder how this affects districts that have schools in both Tarrant and Denton County. Northwest ISD has schools in both counties.
Mansfield ISD said the same - Sept 28 earliest on campus.
JB99
AG
Happy to say TISD in Bell County is opening on time. You have the option for remote and can switch to remote if need be at any tine. Masks required for everyone though.

JB99
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Wearamaskaggie said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wearamaskaggie said:

You are not a parent

Thanks!
I do love my kid.

I am lucky that I worked from home a great deal before Covid. Not everyone is that lucky. And we don't really have enough childcare space, especially if the Adventure Club, which is done through MU education at every elementary school does not happen.

My son is insanely social, gifted, and funny. He needs, along with most of his friends, in person classes.
6% of this town wants online classes. So they will get it. Everyone else wants them back in school

Agreed. My kids are very similiar. When we were doing work from home my son would finish an entire week's worth of work in about 3 hours. There's no social engagement from teachers and peers, so he wants to get it done as fast as possible. When he's at school he's much more engaged and learns a great deal more.
Ag-Yoakum95
AG
Rex Racer said:

No joke. When 9/28 rolls around, they'll say it needs to be extended until the end of the year. Then, when that time rolls around, they'll say it need to be to the end of the school year. This is freaking ridiculous.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Yep, just line back in March. Only two weeks of shut down. The government knows the public can accept a couple weeks. They will eventually extend it through the fall. Parents need to start fighting back. We're all being used as pawns. The children as well.

TX is also turning into CA.
Tanya 93
JB99 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wearamaskaggie said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wearamaskaggie said:

You are not a parent

Thanks!
I do love my kid.

Agreed. My kids are very similiar. When we were doing work from home my son would finish an entire week's worth of work in about 3 hours. There's no social engagement from teachers and peers, so he wants to get it done as fast as possible. When he's at school he's much more engaged and learns a great deal more.
Is your district delayed until September?

I did get a very good suggestion from this board on using Khan Academy. That has kept his interest when I tell him he is going to do it for an hour and set the kitchen timer next to him. But I signed him up for 7th versus 6th grade work and he moved into 8th for math last week.

If you are stuck at home for 6 weeks of online class, that helped challenge him a lot.

Good luck.

So many people forget what GT kids need.
TxTarpon
So no football?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Both my kids are bright, though both in their 30s, they're still "my kids". The oldest (son) is very social. This would have driven him crazy in high school. Daughter is more like me, relatively introverted. She would have done just fine with online classes, because unlike me, she's very driven and disciplined.
JB99
AG
Tanya 93 said:

JB99 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wearamaskaggie said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wearamaskaggie said:

You are not a parent

Thanks!
I do love my kid.

I did get a very good suggestion from this board on using Khan Academy. That has kept his interest when I tell him he is going to do it for an hour and set the kitchen timer next to him. But I signed him up for 7th versus 6th grade work and he moved into 8th for math last week.

If you are stuck at home for 6 weeks of online class, that helped challenge him a lot.

Good luck.

No delays at all with my district.
Tanya 93
JB99 said:

Tanya 93 said:

JB99 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wearamaskaggie said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wearamaskaggie said:

You are not a parent

Thanks!
I do love my kid.

Good luck.

No delays at all with my district.
Good
Mr. White
CyclingAg82 said:

Really hoping the governor steps in - don't know if he can issue an EO, directing the ISD's to open on schedule.

Doesn't NEISD go back on 9/8?
thisguy05
AG
Cowards.

There isn't a single leader in an elected position in America.
Keegan99
AG
Dallas has to match it, right? No way Jenkins lets Tarrant be "more concerned"?
OldAg92
AG
Just got the inevitable email from our ISD that they have figured out the Tarrant County Order and UIL Guidelines, both released today, are in conflict. "We are confident that we will receive feedback from both entities regarding how to proceed...."

I'm not holding my breath
OldAg92
AG
Keegan99 said:

Dallas has to match it, right? No way Jenkins lets Tarrant be "more concerned"?
No question about it - Clay absolutely has to out-p*ssy his neighbors to the west
titan
S
Rex Racer said:

Nothing. Like said on the other thread, that's actually when the bona fide flu season starts getting underway. All the various "postponements" of gigs and events, from now (summer) to late fall make zero sense. Same with the idea school is able to resume deeper in flu season than more on time.
CyclingAg82
AG
Mr. White said:

CyclingAg82 said:

Doesn't NEISD go back on 9/8?
Yes, 3 week delay. I meant we were pushed back as well.
YouBet
AG
School isn't happening in 2020 for public schools in large urban counties, so everyone better get ready for that.
aggiehawg
AG
OldAg92 said:

Just got the inevitable email from our ISD that they have figured out the Tarrant County Order and UIL Guidelines, both released today, are in conflict. "We are confident that we will receive feedback from both entities regarding how to proceed...."

I'm not holding my breath
Good grief. So much time, effort and money is being wasted here. Of course, by definition that is a given anytime the words "independent school district" collide in that order in a sentence.
titan
S
thisguy05 said:

Cowards.

There isn't a single leader in an elected position in America.
They all make too much money. Way too immune to economic dislocation.

aggiehawg
AG
YouBet said:

School isn't happening in 2020 for public schools in large urban counties, so everyone better get ready for that.
So all of those students get held back?
YouBet
AG
aggiehawg said:

YouBet said:

No idea; I just don't see it happening. They keep pushing it back in increments so they don't cause massive pushback all at once. Everyone in my immediate circle have already all voluntarily pulled their kids out of school in the last week simply because of the uncertainty. They don't want to send their kids to school in person only to have the rug ripped out from underneath them the first time someone sneezes and they close it all down.

In addition, this idea that some districts are going to imprison kids inside plastic cells at their desks is insane as well.
JB99
AG
YouBet said:

aggiehawg said:

YouBet said:

No idea; I just don't see it happening. They keep pushing it back in increments so they don't cause massive pushback all at once. Everyone in my immediate circle have already all voluntarily pulled their kids out of school in the last week simply because of the uncertainty. They don't want to send their kids to school in person only to have the rug ripped out from underneath them the first time someone sneezes and they close it all down.

In addition, this idea that some districts are going to imprison kids inside plastic cells at their desks is insane as well.

Plastic cells? Seriously??
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.