where did this image about media come from?

2,274 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goatchze
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=1400057456&attachment_id=280054826753849&message_id=mid.%24cAAAAAFMMhJh5hE7n3lzUwmYcyeSB

Clob94
Don't know.

I'm not on the stupid ****ing site known as "Facebook".
cbr
AG
Nobodies' clicking some rando fb link.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie95
AG
edited to show pic...forgot how easy it is now.
Stressboy
AG
Idiots.
titan
S

The diagram itself is "fake news"
SNES Chalmers
Neutral muh ass
Ag4coal
From the owners of "the news"
FrioAg 00
AG
Now, go ahead and shift the values of the X axis by -42

Fixed.
alton70
AG
Comes from a company called ad fontes media.
They are on rev 6 or something.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/
TyHolden
AG
It came from the DNC...
zephyr88
AG
CNN's rating is laughable... discredits any of the other information.

Chart should be shredded and burned.
Squadron7
AG
I can't believe that it even acknowledges the existence of a "Hyper-Partisan Left".
atmtws
AG
Facebook....According to your link. So it must be factual.
PatriotAg02
AG
Mediabiaschart.com?
PatriotAg02
AG
Had to be made by the DNC.
Strike One
If anybody watches CNN and CBS, they know to automatically shred this survey. If there really are further left news sources, that is extremely scary. Pravda would be a much more neutral source of unbiased news than these two are.
goatchze
AG
First of all, OP, the source is right there on the graphic.

Second, I think this is more realistic:

https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news
titan
S
zephyr88 said:

CNN's rating is laughable... discredits any of the other information.

Chart should be shredded and burned.
YES. That alone discredits it.
cmag
"The Hill" being center is laughable on that graphic as well. The Hill is probably more left than CNN.
Squadron7
AG
NPR centrist?

I laughed.
titan
S
Squadron7 said:

NPR centrist?

I laughed.
Yes. On the new chart, all of the CNN belongs on the left border. Agree with the placement of Atlantic as just left of center. Bari Weiss' letter confirms NYT also does not belong in the same column --but should be further left with CNN.
Philip J Fry
AG
The person who created that graphic most likely believes that's true relative to their own bias.
halfastros81
AG
If almost every one of the outlets were moved 3 segments to the left they'd be much closer to the truth.

NY Times ever so slightly skewed to the left.... what a joke
5StarShield
AG
titan said:

Yep. I listen to Bloomberg radio every morning on the way to work and it is definitely not Neutral.
titan
S
5StarShield said:

titan said:

Yep. I listen to Bloomberg radio every morning on the way to work and it is definitely not Neutral.
Actually, as late as just after Obama, Bloomberg seemed not half bad. Somewhat like the Atlantic as a magazine (still is).

Of course now by open declaration, it would be only pro-Democrat. Remember the announcements when Bloomberg was trying to get into the race in winter?
goatchze
AG
cmag said:

"The Hill" being center is laughable on that graphic as well. The Hill is probably more left than CNN.
I read a lot of sources, and well before stumbling on the allsides aggregator, I though The Hill was fairly middle of the road (on their news stories). The source for that graphic thinks they are just left of center, but not enough to be fully "leans left".

Here is their reasoning:

A Center media bias rating doesn't necessarily mean a source is entirely neutral. It simply means a source does not predictably show perspectives favoring either end of the political spectrum conservative or liberal. Either it doesn't show much bias at all, or its bias leans to the left and right equally at different times.

A February 2020 AllSides blind bias survey found that The Hill maintains a Center bias, though on the border of Lean Left. During a blind bias survey, people who hail from all sides of the political spectrum and a diverse array of ages and geographic locations rate the bias of content from a media outlet blindly, meaning all identifying branding and information is removed.

Our February 2020 blind bias survey showed that participants who rated themselves as Lean Right and Right thought The Hill's content is Lean Left, but not by much. Those who self-identified as being in the Center perceived The Hill's content as being on the border line of Center and Lean Left. Those who describe themselves as Left see The Hill's content as Center; those who describe themselves as Lean Left see the content as between Lean Left and Center.

The overall average response of all groups indicates The Hill's content is on the border line between Lean Left and Center. After assessing the results of this survey, AllSides determined Center remains the best bias rating for The Hill.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.