Important info about the Commission & Sully

2,168 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wabs
Ol Army 09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I called the Chancellor's office this afternoon to ask for clarification about whether the Commission on Diversity that was announced today is the commission that would decide Sully's fate. I was informed the the Commission on Diversity is NOT the commission that will be deciding whether to keep Sully. That decision will be made by the Commission on Historical Representations, which is a different commission that has not been appointed yet. I was also told that the Commission on Diversity is only supposed to produce a report to be presented to the system regents and presidents and will not have the power to make any changes itself.

I know this doesn't fix everything, but at least it means the fight to save Sully is not over yet!
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I was actually wondering about this but I made an assumption that since Mond was on the commission that this is what it was for.

Thanks!
Post removed:
by user
GAC06
AG
Good news but I don't expect the next group to be much different
BanderaAg956
Liberals being liberal SJW terrorist working within the university to destroy it!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
JohnnyStatueNow
AG
Olin's Illegitimate Son That He Doesn't Know About
p_bubel
Two ****ing commissions? lol.

What a world.
agsalaska
AG
The decision has already been made. The statue stays. This is kicking the can down the road until they try again. WHich they will. And when they do we will tell them to **** off again.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I've felt all along that this is a show-piece of do-nothingness. In every organization I've ever been a part of, if and idea was proposed that the powers that be wanted to go away, they appointed a committee.

Young is weak. He doesn't want to take a stand here, most likely either way. He's weak, but I don't think he's a fool. He might want to bend the knee and bow before the altar of social justice, but he probably also doesn't want to be left standing on in the side of Hwy 6 a couple miles south of Hearne in a bathrobe at 3am either.
Ciboag96
You know, the Old Ags really aren't there to support the Statue more than keep it from vandalized or torn down. It's actually and indictment of the Young Presidency. If bowtie was still in office there would be no need to stand in front if the statue. He would have nipped this **** in the bid quick, or at least would prosecute any vandals /anarchists.

Old Ags don't trust Young and thus must be present. If that statue were to come down at the hands of BLM it would likely stay down.
tk for tu juan
If there is a Commission on Silly Walks please nominate me, I have seen all the historical documents and films available on the subject
Whens lunch
AG
Well, good news alright.

Plus...Kellen is the perfect fit here. Who has a more diverse heritage than him?

Suppose the letter to John Sharp had anything to do with his selection?
Not when I'm done with it.
Aggie Infantry
AG
NOT ANOTHER DIME!
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
milner79
Ol Army 09 said:

I called the Chancellor's office this afternoon to ask for clarification about whether the Commission on Diversity that was announced today is the commission that would decide Sully's fate. I was informed the the Commission on Diversity is NOT the commission that will be deciding whether to keep Sully. That decision will be made by the Commission on Historical Representations, which is a different commission that has not been appointed yet. I was also told that the Commission on Diversity is only supposed to produce a report to be presented to the system regents and presidents and will not have the power to make any changes itself.

I know this doesn't fix everything, but at least it means the fight to save Sully is not over yet!
If this is true, why are there not representatives from other system schools on the commission?
benchmark
AG
Ol Army 09 said:

..... I was informed the Commission on Diversity is NOT the commission that will be deciding whether to keep Sully. That decision will be made by the Commission on Historical Representations, which is a different commission that has not been appointed yet. ....
aka Ministry of Silly Walks

DG-Ag
AG
How does the Party Planning Committee fit into all this???
wbt5845
AG
Thank you
txagB2
AG
Communists love them some boards and commissions. It gives their agenda a shroud of legitimacy.
mwp02ag
AG
I say every former student who is against the removal of Sully, the accusations of racism, the leadership of TAMU, the sweeping away of the faux racism, formation of useless committees etc etc should all make a copy of our diplomas and send them every one of them to the administration offices along with the threat that if changes in direction, leadership, apologies for accusing the entire 3/4 million of us being racist, arrest for fake hate crimes and protection of our heritage are not taken that we will all send our hard copies.

I am FURIOUS and I will NOT associate myself with people who think the way these people think. Its them or me and as much as it will break my heart to disassociate because I love my University but I hate what it/they are doing.
amfta
AG
It was put together so that if no change then they (meaning libs Young etc... ) have proper vehicle (commission) of their own to further muddy the water and counter with should they not get the results they want.
Wabs
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.