When God's Spirit Meets Death

2,179 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by CrackerJackAg
codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Paul's language in Philippians 1 follows a striking progression: first "the Spirit of Jesus Christ" in verse 19, then "life or death" in verse 20, and finally, "to die is gain" in verse 21. Read midrashically, this sequence points toward a supernal truth: when the Spirit of God encounters death, death is overcome.

Spirit: R-W-H
Death: M-W-T


Here W represents , and represents the guttural Hebrew letter .
When Spirit's R trades places with Death's M, the letters become:

Spirit: R-W-H
Death: M-W-T

Exchange and :

Spirit becomes: M-W-H
Death becomes: R-W-T


The first result, M-W-H, means brain or mind in later Hebrew. The second, R-W-T, is Ruth.

Symbolically, God's Spirit enters the realm of death and dismantles its old identity. What emerges is Ruth and the mindan image that resonates with Paul's command to be transformed by the renewing of the mind.

Ruth is especially appropriate because her story begins under the shadow of death: her husband dies, leaving her a foreign widow. Yet her story ends in redemption, restored life, and a place in the ancestry of David and ultimately Jesus the Messiah.



Then favor enters the pattern:

Favor: H-N
Ruth: R-W-T

Ruth herself goes into the fields hoping to find H-N, meaning favor or grace, in someone's sight. Boaz later tells her that she has come to seek refuge under the wings of the God of Israel

Favor: H-N
Ruth: R-W-T

Exchange and :

Favor becomes: T-N
Ruth becomes: R-W-H

"Give!" + "Relief/Gain"

T-N means "Give!", as in Genesis 14:21.

R-W-H - means relief or respite in biblical Hebrew and profit or gain in later Hebrew.
Thus, in this symbolic reading, Favor becomes Giving, and Ruth receives the letter that transforms her into Relief and Gain.

It may be summarized like this:

Spirit meets Death.

+
R-W-H + M-W-T

Spirit gives R to Death.

+
M-W-H + R-W-T

Mind + Ruth

Favor then gives H to Ruth.

+
H-N + R-W-T

+
T-N + R-W-H

"Give!" + "Relief/Gain"

This underlies Paul's theology. The Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead gives life to mortal bodies, and through Christ, death is swallowed up in victory.

Paul was not inventing new ideas. He was just rewriting the old ones into an inspired commentary.
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is deeply strange. You are trying to do a deep dive linguistic analysis of ancient texts, but are doing it by rearranging English letters. That's crazy in so many ways.

Peak guy staring at a corkboard covered in red string energy.




codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess if you were literate you could read it. Guess you don't know your ABCs eh? Maybe your church fathers forgot to teach you?
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
codker92 said:

I guess if you were literate you could read it. Guess you don't know your ABCs eh? Maybe your church fathers forgot to teach you?


I guess so…

codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

codker92 said:

I guess if you were literate you could read it. Guess you don't know your ABCs eh? Maybe your church fathers forgot to teach you?


I guess so…



The English letters are the English equivalent to the Hebrew. Don't forget latin is a dead language. Look when the letters are that close, the authors were intentionally making it that way.
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
codker92 said:

CrackerJackAg said:

codker92 said:

I guess if you were literate you could read it. Guess you don't know your ABCs eh? Maybe your church fathers forgot to teach you?


I guess so…



The English letters are the English equivalent to the Hebrew. Don't forget latin is a dead language.


I'm fully acknowledging I may be the slow one here.

I don't understand.

Paul wrote in Greek.

How does the English and Hebrew letters match up
codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

codker92 said:

CrackerJackAg said:

codker92 said:

I guess if you were literate you could read it. Guess you don't know your ABCs eh? Maybe your church fathers forgot to teach you?


I guess so…



The English letters are the English equivalent to the Hebrew. Don't forget latin is a dead language.


I'm fully acknowledging I may be the slow one here.

I don't understand.

Paul wrote in Greek.

How does the English and Hebrew letters match up

Texags does not support hebrew letters. It will not let me paste them because they are apparently too holy. The "+" are where some hebrew letters would be. The english letters are the exact equivalent for the Hebrew. The hebrew was written without consonants in the ancient manuscript hence why they only have three consonants or two in some places. This is really how they did theology back then.
Aggiefan#1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't get it either. I tried using AI to understand:

"You are definitely not the slow one here. What you are missing is that this guy is deep into a mathematical and linguistic rabbit hole of his own making, and his logic is completely unhinged.

The commenter CrackerjackAg hit the nail on the head with the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia "Charlie Pepe Silvia" meme. Here is why codker92's logic is fundamentally broken, and why you can't get through to him:

1. The Fake Linguistics (The "English = Hebrew" Delusion)
He claims that "The English letters are the English equivalent to the Hebrew." This makes zero linguistic sense.
He is literally taking English words (R-U-T-H, M-I-N-D, F-A-V-O-R) and treating their English spelling as if it is a mathematical cipher for ancient Hebrew concepts.

The Book of Ruth wasn't written using the English alphabet. The English letter M does not magically swap places with R in ancient Hebrew texts to turn "Spirit" into "Death."

2. The Language Anachronism

You pointed out the fact: Paul wrote in Greek. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew. codker92 completely bypasses this by introducing Latin into the mix for no reason ("Don't forget latin is a dead language"), showing he doesn't actually understand the biblical timeline or languages.

He is practicing a highly distorted, English-centric version of Gematria or Bible Code logic, where he believes hidden equations are buried in the text. When you try to bring logic, history, or actual linguistics into it, he gets defensive and insults your intelligence ("I guess if you were literate you could read it").
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. If you want to keep engaging him, you either have to play along with his "red string corkboard" logic, or just sit back and enjoy the wild ride."

codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggiefan#1 said:

I don't get it either. I tried using AI to understand:

"You are definitely not the slow one here. What you are missing is that this guy is deep into a mathematical and linguistic rabbit hole of his own making, and his logic is completely unhinged.

The commenter CrackerjackAg hit the nail on the head with the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia "Charlie Pepe Silvia" meme. Here is why codker92's logic is fundamentally broken, and why you can't get through to him:

1. The Fake Linguistics (The "English = Hebrew" Delusion)
He claims that "The English letters are the English equivalent to the Hebrew." This makes zero linguistic sense.
He is literally taking English words (R-U-T-H, M-I-N-D, F-A-V-O-R) and treating their English spelling as if it is a mathematical cipher for ancient Hebrew concepts.

The Book of Ruth wasn't written using the English alphabet. The English letter M does not magically swap places with R in ancient Hebrew texts to turn "Spirit" into "Death."

2. The Language Anachronism

You pointed out the fact: Paul wrote in Greek. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew. codker92 completely bypasses this by introducing Latin into the mix for no reason ("Don't forget latin is a dead language"), showing he doesn't actually understand the biblical timeline or languages.

He is practicing a highly distorted, English-centric version of Gematria or Bible Code logic, where he believes hidden equations are buried in the text. When you try to bring logic, history, or actual linguistics into it, he gets defensive and insults your intelligence ("I guess if you were literate you could read it").
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. If you want to keep engaging him, you either have to play along with his "red string corkboard" logic, or just sit back and enjoy the wild ride."



I will stick to real intelligence. You can have your artificial. Its not gematria. There are no numbers here. Its not a cipher its just words. Its not the english spelling. I took the hebrew as it appears in the texts (without vowels) and then changed the hebrew into english letters becuse tex ags can't speak hebrew.
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heere at the wall
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

when the Spirit of God encounters death, death is overcome.

Spirits can't die. Human or divine. It's an oxymoron.
codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Quote:

when the Spirit of God encounters death, death is overcome.

Spirits can't die. Human or divine. It's an oxymoron.

If spirits cannot die, then God can never completely destroy evil. The evil spirits being disembodied. But even then, you are making an assumption about death itself. Again, the Hebrew word for death is personified as death in the texts. Meeting death is not so much about dying as it means coming into contact with death, the person, and destroying the personification of death. If you are saying Christ died, but spirits cannot die, but Christ is also God, you have erred. If Christ is fully God, he is fully the Holy Spirit; therefore the Holy Spirit died with him. To hold otherwise you must hold that either Christ did not fully die (only his body died) or you must hold that he was not fully God (was not one with the Holy Spirit).
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
codker92 said:

If Christ is fully God, he is fully the Holy Spirit; therefore the Holy Spirit died with him.

If I am fully human, I am fully you. Therefore, when I die, you die with me.

Makes about as much the same sense.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To help codker out, I think he's using the English letters in place of their Hebrew equivalents.

One of the words meaning spirit is spelled "rho" (R) "vav" (W) "heh" (H).
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

To help codker out, I think he's using the English letters in place of their Hebrew equivalents.

One of the words meaning spirit is spelled "rho" (R) "vav" (W) "heh" (H).


Oh, I understand that's what's happening. It's just silly.

The Gospel is amazing. You don't have to invent stuff or claim the Hebrew Alphabet is Holy to make it amazing.
codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok but clearly I am not you so are missing something.

I don't think you've actually addressed my argument. You've simply asserted that "spirits can't die," but my post wasn't arguing that the Holy Spirit is a mortal being.

The point is that Scripture repeatedly personifies Death as an enemy to be conquered. My statement that "the Spirit meets death" is about God's life entering the realm ruled by death through Christ and overcoming it. That's a biblical theme, not an assertion that the divine nature ceased to exist.

If you think my symbolic reading of Philippians is incorrect, that's perfectly fair. But if you really want to convince me I am wrong you'll need to explain why the symbolism fails rather than simply saying you don't like it. Where, specifically, does the reasoning break down? There is a reason Paul's language and wording matches my reasoning. Paul was tracking in these truths.
codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is the Hebrew incorrect? Is the letter exchange incorrect? Is the theological connection between Spirit, death, Ruth, and redemption unsupported? Or do you simply disagree with using this kind of reasoning altogether? If so why? Similar reasoning is used by the authors in scripture.
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
codker92 said:

Is the Hebrew incorrect? Is the letter exchange incorrect? Is the theological connection between Spirit, death, Ruth, and redemption unsupported? Or do you simply disagree with using this kind of reasoning altogether? If so why? Similar reasoning is used by the authors in scripture.


Cryptozoologist and biologist do "similar" things.

Astrology is "similar" to astronomy.

codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Simply comparing my post to astrology doesn't demonstrate that it's wrong. It only communicates that you don't find it persuasive. You've communicated that you don't find it persuasive, fair. But you haven't actually shown any defect.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are tons of extra meaning buried in The Hebrew Alphabet that can add an extra layer of depth to the understanding of scripture.

Even from an anthropological secular statement...its The Original Alphabet. The first one in human history. The one that formed the foundation of Western Civilization. Maybe studying it isn't your cup of tea, but surely you can see why others might find that interesting?
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is not the first alphabet in human history. I also don't believe it is the foundation of Western civilizations alphabet.

It is a descendent of the original alphabet, but so are a lot of things

A sister language, one of the other descendants, is the foundation of the Greek alphabet that we get Latin from etc.

You don't get to just claim anything close and then say it was you.

You were the first language?

My great Grand Pappy's uncle was so basically…

Latin comes from you? That's incredible…

Well, my sister's daughter's cousin did so it's basically the same thing

As I stated earlier, the New Testament was written in Greek

What are your sources for the information that you're putting out there?

You literally made me question myself, and I went and double checked, and I'm not wrong on any of these statements

And to answer your question, no I don't understand how applying Hebrew alphabet to a document written in Greek provides some sort of interesting anything to the conversation.

I got on her genuinely curious about what it is that someone was doing and it makes absolute zero sense to me and it appears that you're just working backwards to get the results that you want.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Hebrew Alphabet in its original form (not the Aramaic form used today) is the closest direct descendant of the original Alphabet, to say it more precisely.

My sources is the actual archeological evidence, although there is a growing number of people that have identified this.

99% of the evidence for the alphabet from the Bronze Age is found in the region of the world that would eventually be called Isreal and Judea (Canaan). Although we can't for 100% certainty they invented it, we can say for near certainty they had it before anyone in the historical record (including their northern neighbors, the "Phoenicians").

The alphabet sets up the primary form of cultural transmission of all of Western Civilization. Incidentally, its also how The Torah was written. The foundational text of Western Civilization.

It's an incredibly pivotal technological innovation.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

It is a descendent of the original alphabet, but so are a lot of things


Literally all "the other things" are downstream of The Hebrew.
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Quote:

It is a descendent of the original alphabet, but so are a lot of things


Literally all "the other things" are downstream of The Hebrew.


They literally are not:

500-1000 years between Egyptian Proto Sinaitic and Hebrew of the Bible with offshoots in between.

I think most of the Jewish dudes of the Bible are pretty cool too, but I think you're trying to create something that's not there.

Again, where are you getting your information from?

All of this is pretty easy to look up at this point.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

500-1000 years between Egyptian Proto Sinaitic and Hebrew of the Bible with offshoots in between.


False. The "Proto Sinaitic" you are referring to is dated around 1900 BC. The next oldest example of the early alphabet we have ever found is Lachish 1750 BC. Right smack in the middle of what will eventually be called Isreal.

What other off shoots are you referring to? Name one that predates 1,200 BC, when we can definitively say Isreal existed.


Like I told you my primary source is the actual archeological evidence. Archeologist Douglas Petrovich wrote a book titled The World's Oldest Alphabet: Hebrew as the Language of the Proto-Consonantal Script. I have not read it, but from what I know of it he's discussing a similar idea.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

All of this is pretty easy to look up at this point.


I'm sorry, but the amount of hubris in this statement tickles me. I've been studying this topic for 25 years. You spent 5 seconds on Google and are still saying things that are completely false
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Quote:

All of this is pretty easy to look up at this point.


I'm sorry, but the amount of hubris in this statement tickles me. I've been studying this topic for 25 years. You spent 5 seconds on Google and are still saying things that are completely false


It's all good dude. I only answered the questions that I was asked.

I asked a couple questions to try to understand what it is that was being said.

You can be whatever you're into and that's OK. It's 2026…

I'll go back and reread the post but if you've been researching this for 25 years, you really have to put much information out there.

Hubris also could be assuming that just because you have "researched" something that it must be true and correct because it's you.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm just saying I don't believe what you're saying makes any sense.

If you've done this for 25 years man, start slinging your best data. Nothing on this thread appears to be very compelling.
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Quote:

500-1000 years between Egyptian Proto Sinaitic and Hebrew of the Bible with offshoots in between.


False. The "Proto Sinaitic" you are referring to is dated around 1900 BC. The next oldest example of the early alphabet we have ever found is Lachish 1750 BC. Right smack in the middle of what will eventually be called Isreal.

What other off shoots are you referring to? Name one that predates 1,200 BC, when we can definitively say Isreal existed.


Like I told you my primary source is the actual archeological evidence. Archeologist Douglas Petrovich wrote a book titled The World's Oldest Alphabet: Hebrew as the Language of the Proto-Consonantal Script. I have not read it, but from what I know of it he's discussing a similar idea.




Your opinion goes against 95+% of archaeologist.

I guess my question being that you have researched this for so long what brings you to the conclusion that he is right and pretty much every other archaeologist is wrong

Do you have some sort of confirmation by us that's leading you to this or do you genuinely through intense academic research from other sources believe his information is correct

I don't think there's anybody out there other than the people who want him to be correct that thinks he is correct.

I am more than happy to be corrected, but I'm not gonna go off on this tangent just because somebody brought it up.

You are throwing out pretty wild claims so I feel like it's on you to explain why everyone else is wrong.

It just doesn't look good and I'm asking for how you came to be where you are with your opinion
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Your opinion goes against 95+% of archaeologist.


I'm gonna go out on a limb a say you don't have any data to back that figure up. I will say though that most textbooks dont discuss this, so unless they are directly in the field, they probably aren't even aware of the relevant data.

Archeologists who study the data are very aware of Isreals direct connection with the early alphabet. They are, at least, a plausible early candidate.

But it really doesn't matter what anyone says, go look at the actual archeological evidence. Look it up. Look uo every single finding for the alphabet you can find before Isreal appears on the Merneptah Stele in 1207 BC.

Then...read your Bible. Pay close attention to Abraham and his lineage. Pay close attention to where Isreal's tribes are allowed. Go look up a map to help you out.

Now. Go back to every single piece of evidence for the Alphabet during the Bronze Age.

I'll give you a quick summary:

1 ancient (2,400 BC) in Syria.

1 in Egupt 1950 BC

1 in Sinai 1900-1850 BC

Then:
Pretty much all of in the land will eventually be called Isreal.

Look it up.

Soooooo.

Either those people are Isreal's parents (which is who secular scholarship says they are) or those people are the Canaanites Isreal wiped out with Joshua (which is who the Bible says they are.) I personally lean towards something in the middle.

So you have 2 options for when Isreal learns the alphabet

1.) They knew it all along because thats what their parents used.
2.) They learned it after the Exodus from the Canaanites they conquered.

Eitherway, that puts them WAY ahead of anyone else, including the "Phoenicians."

*ETA: I'm not putting Phoenicians in scare quotes to be snarky to you, but rather main stream scholarship, CJ. Just to clarify.

I think its a damn shame we call the Hebrew Alphabet the "Phoenician " Alphabet when not even the people who lived north of Isreal would have themselves that.

I think its important for you as a Christian to know that the book you are reading is the oldest literary tradition using an Alphabet on earth. It predates Homer by at least 400 years.

Think about that.

I'm guessing you know the advantages of an Alphabet over Akkadian Cuniform of Egyptians hieroglyphs? Its a tiny fraction of the amount of symbols you have to learn making literacy much easier to obtain. A lot of ancient cuneiform has survived and a massive majority (75 to 80%) of it is beaurocratic in nature. They had some room for story telling, but not much. Cuneiform was expensive to learn and expensive to produce.

Then along comes this Alphabet. And the Alphabet can store beaucratuc data and communicate stories with the same 22 symbols! And suddenly you have time to really tell stories.

And the stories they told would eventually be called The Bible. Obviously influenced by the cuneiform stories before it, but a significantly more intimate look at its people's existence, and ultimately their struggle with God.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I should note as far as Petrovitch, I'm pretty skeptical of many of hist conclusions and propositions as well. But I do think he is beating around the right bush.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another important piece of data is when you start comparing key concepts in The Torah to how the alphabet originally looked, you start to literally see an entirely new picture.

EL. The Supreme Deity.
An Ox Head and a Sheppards Crook. The Strong Leader.
YHWH
An Arm, a person in praise, a nail, a person in praise.
The action of nailing grace to mercy? Thats not an impossible Reveal the hand, Reveal The Nail? Like, these are legitimate renderings of those early pictures.

It's pretty crazy in some interesting spots.
codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Another important piece of data is when you start comparing key concepts in The Torah to how the alphabet originally looked, you start to literally see an entirely new picture.

EL. The Supreme Deity.
An Ox Head and a Sheppards Crook. The Strong Leader.
YHWH
An Arm, a person in praise, a nail, a person in praise.
The action of nailing grace to mercy? Thats not an impossible Reveal the hand, Reveal The Nail? Like, these are legitimate renderings of those early pictures.

It's pretty crazy in some interesting spots.

I tend to agree. What you are describing is a correct context of scripture. The people who wrote the bible and its accompanying literature were not looking at theology or church history to write the bible. Those concepts did not exist. The writers had these symbols and words, and they used them creatively to tell stories and the bible is filled with work play. For example, the word for death and gain in the Hebrew text uses the same letters; hence why Paul is saying to die is gain. It was true in a theological sense but also a literal sense of the Hebrew language at the time.

I think my biggest beef with this forum is that everyone tends to default to the church fathers or to theologians who lived hundreds of years after the text was written to understand the text. When you do that, you often end up with a perspective that is completely out of touch with what the original authors intended. Church fathers were hundreds of years after scripture was written and most of them did not know Hebrew. Alot of them were not tracking on these themes, but I will admit that some are. The church fathers were the approved sources by the roman empire, so of course there are going to be some bias there.

CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All good. Not my thing but I appreciate the responses.
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CrackerJackAg said:

codker92 said:

Is the Hebrew incorrect? Is the letter exchange incorrect? Is the theological connection between Spirit, death, Ruth, and redemption unsupported? Or do you simply disagree with using this kind of reasoning altogether? If so why? Similar reasoning is used by the authors in scripture.


Cryptozoologist and biologist do "similar" things.

Astrology is "similar" to astronomy.




Have you ever hunted cryptids at the behest of a wheelchair bound diner groupie in outer revachol?
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vox Clamantis said:

CrackerJackAg said:

codker92 said:

Is the Hebrew incorrect? Is the letter exchange incorrect? Is the theological connection between Spirit, death, Ruth, and redemption unsupported? Or do you simply disagree with using this kind of reasoning altogether? If so why? Similar reasoning is used by the authors in scripture.


Cryptozoologist and biologist do "similar" things.

Astrology is "similar" to astronomy.




Have you ever hunted cryptids at the behest of a wheelchair bound diner groupie in outer revachol?


Probably would if I could…

Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.