The Glory of the Lord by Joshua Wallace

1,181 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TheGreatEscape
TheGreatEscape
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Glory of the Lord
Revealed in his design
And we do ask for more
To fill our hearts inclined

God alone raise the dead
Comfort time that we have
On the rock he has fed
Everyone who is sad

The patience he has shown
To save us from ourself
Is a Love became known
His power does compel

Our being to you bring
In every lasting breath
Through all eternity
A mystery of depth

Keep arrogance at bay
For we did not choose you
Bring back Amazing Grace
Chosen abiding fruit

For you have told us so
Apart can no good thing
Without the Spirit flow
Derive from heart deceit

To focus on the good
A God who has a spine
Never to lose he stood
Against the test of time

Then Pilate washed his hands
And did ask what is truth
Christ stood against the land
For when he moves he moves

We forsake our freedom
For the Holy Spirit
Not what our hands have done
We never were near it

Thanks be to God alone
True liberty has found us
The law, good news behold
True joy to endure us

No not one shall be lost
It did not start with us
For He did gain the cost
Make no more of this fuss

Because faith is a gift
So that no one can boast
May cause a lot a rift
The humbled make a toast

Unto the King of kings
Having made all this plain
Did say to those who sing
To learn to die is gain

When we enter heaven
It will be our conclusion
There will be no question
As to whom grants infusion

To abide in the Vine
For the root brings the fruit
And the work is Divine
For the laborers are few

All those crowns at his feet
Are from him we lay down
We do not curse the seed
While its still in the ground
TheGreatEscape
John 15:16 (ESV)

16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

ravingfans
AG
Really thought provoking, Joshua--I shared an excerpt with one our friends on here who is in hospice, and I felt this section was especially uplifting for him:

Quote:

Unto the King of kings
Having made all this plain
Did say to those who sing
To learn to die is gain

When we enter heaven
It will be our conclusion
There will be no question
As to whom grants infusion

To abide in the Vine
For the root brings the fruit
And the work is Divine
For the laborers are few

All those crowns at his feet
Are from him we lay down
We do not curse the seed
While its still in the ground

Thanks for sharing!
TheGreatEscape
Blessings, RavingFan. From the bottom of my heart, I state thank you for sharing. I cannot view your link because I've not been knighted as an Aggie.
ravingfans
AG
Makes sense, Joshua--I think some of our folks will journey over here and say a few words. Thanks for sharing!
dermdoc
AG
TheGreatEscape said:

Blessings, RavingFan. From the bottom of my heart, I state thank you for sharing. I cannot view your link because I've not been knighted as an Aggie.
Wish you could see the thread. It is a great testimony.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheGreatEscape
Thank you. I love you very much my good doctor and wise brother.
dermdoc
AG
Same here my friend.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheGreatEscape
This how I think of us, Doc.
It's under two minutes. I know you know the cartoon. Have to watch it until the end.
dermdoc
AG
I laughed. Thanks.
TheGreatEscape
Finally! I posted something funny!
And now I laugh because you also shared in its humor.

We are Christians in a common fight against secular projections of their own Totalitarianism upon us.
ravingfans
AG
The prince of this world has free reign and he knows it is near the end for him. Everything you see in our culture and the news has a common origin.

The good news is the victory is already secured for our Almighty King of Kings. He will reveal details of His plan in due time, but in the meantime, we are to be about our Father's business in sharing our faith and growing His Kingdom.
TheGreatEscape
I appreciate the post my fellow raving poetic fan. You write as good or better than me if the time for you would allow.

I do believe that there will be a great revival of conversion maybe gradually occurring or suddenly occurring before Christ returns according to Romans Chapter 11. And i do appreciate your faith In Christ and faith in hopes of growing the Lord's kingdom. "Not by might, nor by power, but by MY Spirit says the Lord." Amen?

And his Kingdom is not of this world as Christ has declared.
That is why Christ taught us to pray, "Thy Kingdom come thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."
Or why should we pray it if we don't believe an outpouring before the end will occur?
For in the great commission of Matthew 28:18-22, Christ states that ALL AUTHORITY has been given unto me.

Christ doesn't state to merely go and make disciples of all the nations. For he in the context is stating that all authority on earth has been granted through him to us. And upon that basis…now, therefore, go and make disciples of all the NATIONS.

How are we to disciple all the nations truly without Judeo-Christians taking back this land our Christian forefathers bled? For we are to be like any nation state to which along with us are required to be an example for other developing Christian nations, nor hinder those who are entering.

Our Lord with a spine declared:

"For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in." Matthew 23:13-14 (ESV)

For us may it never be in geopolitical policy, neither online, nor in our communities, church, state, the United States, and all over the world. For:

So we use Freedom of Speech, which Christianity invented. And we should also get involved in politics.
'There is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry, Mine!' Abraham Kuyper, former prime minister ruling in the Netherlands.

We fight two fronts as God's will permits, according to both the Lord's Prayer and to the Great Commission.
So we use Freedom of Speech, which Christianity invented
from the Puritan hope to make the disciple the nations of which Christ's Holy Spirit moves when he decides to move by the ordained timing of the Father. So we get in one accord now that we are free to choose the spiritual good. For now sin has lost its domain over his elect.

Galatians 5:16 (ESV)

16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

And as we do and spread the Gospel. We also incrementally do what we can do in politics in these times.

And as we preach the Gospel all of the time….

For it took 300 years of the power of the Gospel spreading for Christianity to be established politically.

In this manner both are simultaneously occurring in these United States.

1 Corinthians 10:4-5 (ESV)

4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ

"In Psalm 72 we learn of Christ's ruling "from the River to the ends of the earth" (Psa 72:8). And we learn that this will occur before the consummational conflagration (2 Pet 3:10-12) that produces the new heavens and new earth, because he will reign "till the moon is no more" (Psa 72:7).

In Isaiah 2 we see that God's righteousness and peace will come with the exaltation of his kingdom "in the last days" (Isa 2:2). That is, during the last days we will witness "many peoples" streaming into the kingdom of God where they will taught God's ways (Isa 2:2-3). Then eventually this will issue forth in worldwide peace (Isa 2:4).

This is the foundation to the New Testament hope, which Jesus promoted and taught his disciples. In the Kingdom Parables we see that the kingdom will grow incrementally to world dominance (Matt 13:3133)."

https://postmillennialworldview.com/2021/04/16/favorite-postmillennial-verses/

You can see my worldview more on this throughout the article above.
TheGreatEscape
Come Lord Jesus

TheGreatEscape
For we proclaim the Gospel to every single person.
For it holds men accountable. To what? To repent.
We do not know who among the unbaptized elect are
So we proclaim the Gospel promiscuously
The Bible never teaches that the Gospel is a gift.
It tells us to proclaim it and to obey it.
Grace is a gift. Forgiveness is a gift.
For the Gospel is a powerful Spirit filled quickening.
The Gospel is the most glorious thing to ever be heard.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.