2019 Football Predictions

4,554 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SoulSlaveAG2005
Post removed:
by user
Aggrad08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the understanding that predicting football is a fools errand I feel we got 4 should lose games.

my optimistic feeling is that the Mississippi schools have a rough year and arky still struggles for our w conference wins.

Jimbo runs a complex offense that should take a while for our young QB and mediocre Oline to understand. We are also the weakest we've been at WR in some time. I think we lean on the running game and might even pretend we've heard of a tight end.

Fortunately, this sort of play while maybe struggling to leave points especially against strong run defenses should be less succesptable to the sumlin instant 3 and out. This should give our defense a rest they haven't worked with in years.

I think our front 7 are going to be pretty serviceable. If we can get them gelled early and the corners actually in the basic vicinity of the WRs the defense
May prove this teams strength, particularly early on.

Special teams is important but boring and losing Kirk hurts our return game.

What I most look forward to is something we didn't see since 2012, a team that's consistently as good or better than they were the week before.

Sumlin tried to get through a season by launching a catapult, very exciting at first but it would lose momentum and crash and burn. I want a team with a motor.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I expect a 6-6 season... every season, regardless of variables, this is the outcome I have settled on.

. 35 years of Aggie football has hardened me to not getting overly optimistic as it only leads to despair, frustration, disappointment. It's better for my blood pressure... and my temper. It also leads to a better Sunday Mass experience. (Less trips to the confessional when my expectations are low)

A 6-6 expectation, generally leads to me being pleasantly surprised at the end of the year when we finish 7-5, 8-4... and if we finish worse (thanks Fran)... then I figure oh well, we weren't gonna do that good anyways.

This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
Frok
AG
What about 2018?
Post removed:
by user
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
AstroAg17 said:

You can't edit titles.

An appeal may be made to staph. However that may require a moderator to come visit us. A dangerous proposition as they may never leave once here.
Frok
AG
Thats fine. We win it all in 2019!
Solo Tetherball Champ
Atheist, Christian, Jew, Muslim.... we can all agree that the Football Gods will not look with favor upon the offerings we will give in the coming Saturdays.
Aggrad08
AG
The Sabbath will not be holy this season
jkag89
AstroAg17 said:

You can't edit titles.
It is possible to edit titles until someone responds to the OP or at least I think that is the cut off point.
The Debt
Any new apostolic reformation prophets in da house?

The Debt
Maybe all the fires in Redding burned them out.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Did you forget to log in or out of your sock first?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
The Debt said:

Any new apostolic reformation prophets in da house?

Quoting for posterity.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
The Debt said:

Maybe all the fires in Redding burned them out.
The Debt
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Did you forget to log in or out of your sock first?

Nah. Just a second post connected to the first.
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
AstroAg17 said:

I don't get it.

NAR are a charismatic evangelical sect that believe in modern day apostles and prophets that admittedly get 30% right with predictions.

One of the most notable "churches" that are part of this group is Bethel Redding (CA). They pumped golddust through the vents and claimed it was the Holy Spirit doing something, they spawned a popular music group "jesus culture".

Anyway, Redding, CA is on fire right now.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Ah. Now I follow... I had never heard of them and only knew about Redding fire from pol board.
The Debt
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Ah. Now I follow... I had never heard of them and only knew about Redding fire from pol board.

It's funny that KLove refuses to play Bethel Reddings music, when the music they do air is also riddled with heresies and emotionalism.
Athanasius
AG
The schedule's the thing.

NW St - Win big
Clemson - Lose big
LA-Monroe - Win close
Alabama - Lose big
Arky - Lose big
Kentucky - Win close
South Carolina- Lose close
MS State- Lose big
Auburn- Lose big
Ol Miss- Win close
UAB- Win big
LSU- Lose close

I predict 5 - 7. Calls for Jimbo's job after the Auburn game.

747Ag
AG
This is typically how I feel at the beginning of the season...

dermdoc
AG
I agree. 15-0 baby!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Debt
Athanasius said:

The schedule's the thing.

NW St - Win big
Clemson - Lose big
LA-Monroe - Win close
Alabama - Lose big
Arky - Lose big
Kentucky - Win close
South Carolina- Lose close
MS State- Lose big
Auburn- Lose big
Ol Miss- Win close
UAB- Win big
LSU- Lose close

I predict 5 - 7. Calls for Jimbo's job after the Auburn game.

They will be sorely disappointed
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
I think this year might be the year we beat LSU. They have a ton of problems and Orgeron is on the hotseat.

I dont know if they can score, but I'm cautiously optimistic our defense will be harder than the swagoil salesman's defense.
dermdoc
AG
Agree. Sumlin was all hat and no cattle. Looking forward to see if Jimbo is the real deal.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Like my approach to the existence of God, my belief in the Aggie's ability to rise above mediocrity is one of agnosticism.

Save for a few years here or there where we have lived up close to expectations, we have been a team with top level talent, recruiting, money, resources, fans, and support for many decades and we have consistently under performed year after year. Its easy to get excited about a new coach. Especially one coming from an elite football school who somehow still managed to lose an average of 2 conference games per year in a pretty average conference. . . . .

I'll still watch every game and I hope I'm wrong.

7-5 followed by a bowl game where we collapse in the 4th quarter and lose to some who-gives-a-**** team like Wake Forest.
Solo Tetherball Champ
AstroAg17 said:

I don't agree, we haven't had top level recruiting for decades like you claim. We are having that this year.

Recruiting strongly correlates with wins. There are objective reasons for optimism.
Our star rankings have been heavily inflated by taking 10 4 Star receivers a year, or back to back 5 Star Quarterbacks (who both transferred out). We have never possessed consistent, high-level recruiting in all (or most) position groups for as long as I have been following Aggie football.
kurt vonnegut
AG
AstroAg17 said:

I don't agree, we haven't had top level recruiting for decades like you claim. We are having that this year.

Recruiting strongly correlates with wins. There are objective reasons for optimism.
Year / Recruiting per Rivals / Final AP Ranking

2018 / 16 / TBD
2017 / 10 / NR
2016 / 17 / NR
2015 / 10 / NR
2014 / 6 / NR
2013 / 11 / 18
2012 / 15 / 5
2011 / 27 / NR
2010 / 17 / 19
2009 / 22 / NR
2008 / 16 / NR
2007 / 43 / NR
2006 / 26 / NR
2005 / 8 / NR
2004 / 13 / NR
2003 / 10 / NR
2002 / 23 / NR
avg. 17.05

kurt vonnegut
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

AstroAg17 said:

Our star rankings have been heavily inflated by taking 10 4 Star receivers a year, or back to back 5 Star Quarterbacks (who both transferred out). We have never possessed consistent, high-level recruiting in all (or most) position groups for as long as I have been following Aggie football.

Inflated or not, we've had an underachieving team since what . . . mid-90s?
Solo Tetherball Champ
kurt vonnegut said:

Solo Tetherball Champ said:

AstroAg17 said:

Inflated or not, we've had an underachieving team since what . . . mid-90s 1876?
Frok
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

AstroAg17 said:

Year / Recruiting per Rivals / Final AP Ranking

2018 / 16 / TBD
2017 / 10 / NR
2016 / 17 / NR
2015 / 10 / NR
2014 / 6 / NR
2013 / 11 / 18
2012 / 15 / 5
2011 / 27 / NR
2010 / 17 / 19
2009 / 22 / NR
2008 / 16 / NR
2007 / 43 / NR
2006 / 26 / NR
2005 / 8 / NR
2004 / 13 / NR
2003 / 10 / NR
2002 / 23 / NR
avg. 17.05

Good grief, we've only finished ranked 3 times since 2002? I knew we always blew it but I didn't realize how bad it actually was.

The Debt
The only team that is comparable are the Vols.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.