Wells Hall Revival

4,494 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AlaskanAg99
sophomorebyhours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A group of redass Ags and I are wanting to zombify the Wells Hall crew. As we are anti- New Army BS, we would like to get the blessing of Wells' Olds and Deads on the revival. However, we are having difficulty tracking any of 'em down. Any suggestions on which rocks to check under?

Additionally, we would love to hear old Wells stories and traditions if y'all have 'em!

Thanks and Gig'em!

LIFO YBI WWIB!

Carlo4
AG
Is it still coed?

Was when I was there in 2001, some guy had a projector so we'd do a mixer and watch movies/play games on the outside wall.

Football and throwing frisbee was common too.

Oh and since it was coed lots of hooking up.
sophomorebyhours
It is coed by floor! Thanks!
WhoMp93
AG
lived in Appelt in 89,90. Very active as it was the first year the mod quad halls were opened. Lots of spirit with 95% being fish. Then moved to Wells for 91,92. Older students. Don't remember much happening there traditions wise. Did my own stack work. Played lots of free golf.
tamuangry
I was there 02-04. Good times.
lechnerlass
Wait a sec, whats your first name or nickname? I'm lechner 28 as well, and was actually thinking of doing that in the future. maybe we could work together?
aBouncedCzech
AG
I'm the Wells Hall dead...last in, first out. What do you want to know?
sophomorebyhours
Howdy! Crazy to be talking to a bonfire legend. We've got a lot of questions.

Are there any passbacks or Wells artifacts that we should look for or recreate?

What were the pots like? The Old Army pics we found showed chrome pots with red or blue Wells W's on the fronts, but from my understanding your pot looked very different.

And was there a nickname for Wells, or a mascot per chance? (Ex Crocker Cocks, Puryear Playboys, etc.)

Lastly, if there were names of chief lines (that can be mentioned) we'd love to know those as well.

Thanks and Gig'em
aBouncedCzech
AG
Wells didn't have much of a Bonfire presence, probably because it was full of nerds and grad students, or girls who didn't like it when you spilled Papa John's sauce on their down comforter.

We mostly cut with Aston at the time (97-99), and since I had the misfortune of growing up with the S pot, I became the Wells Hall Crew Chief. I did bring record numbers out my year, which was over 200%, which means I brought one other person out. Her name was Kim, she went to high school with me too.

I think the Wells Pot went to Nate Dogg from Aston, who then became the new Wells Hall Crew Chief, even though he never lived in Wells and probably couldn't tell you where it was on campus. It was black with a white stripe at the bottom, opposite of the Aston pot. Our slogan was, "Last in, first out" mostly because I didn't like to wake up early or work late. After all, we were one of the first dorms with ethernet, so I had to go home to play Duke Nukem.

The story about the Papa John's sauce is real...you would have thought that I murdered the girl's cat she freaked out so much. Also, there really were a couple of grad students down the hall who had lived in their room for like 10 years...seriously, they knew my sister, who is 6 years older than me. Their room looked like two people who had lived there for a decade. They might still be there, for all I know.

I guess the line goes like this....

Me (Bunter)
Nate Dogg
EDIT: Dirty Steve

I don't know if he ever passed it down after that. We didn't have nicknames or mascots or tshirts or any of that other new army crap. I think I chrome pot would be cool, and somewhere else on the forums I read something about having a W with axe handles...that's pretty cool too. But then people would think you're from Walton and want you to go to Load and no thank you, seems like too much work.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: From an old post on here, i remembered that Dirty Steve from Aston was who Nate Dogg passed it down to. Also, I remember "Last in, First Out, See You When It Burns" as our slogan or yell
AlaskanAg99
AG
I lived in Wells my fish year. To this day I have clue how they put an 18yr old fish with a senior who was there on the GI Bill. I think he was 26 at the time and all he did was laugh at me. And justifiably so. This was '95/'96. If there was a bonfire crew then I never heard about it and I cut with Aston, where I moved for my sophomore year.

Wells was full of "old" people and it sucked.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.