Scooby Doo

1,137 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by BenFiasco14
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a toddler and he's gotten into his first "thing" and it's Scooby Doo, which I also loved as a kid.

We are now on "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo", the mini series from the 80s where the monsters are real and Sh**** is in the red shirt. Great show.

The original Scooby Doo where are you from the 60s is not very long but every episode is great. The next show, the Scooby doo show, is just as good imo (70s)

We didn't make it all the way through the Scooby and scrappy show. We couldn't stand Scrappys "nyc dockworker" accent.

New adventures of Scooby doo from 2008 ish is okay.

Haven't watched anything newer than that. Anything worth watching beyond this last series?

Anyone else a Scooby fan? Gotta say even as a dad now, I probably enjoy it more than my son sometimes.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
batchuser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The live action movie is hot garbage
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I liked the old Scooby Doo Movies where they had guest stars like Jonathan Winters and Sandy Duncan, too. That was the 70's, also.
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And the Harlem Globetrotters and Batman
Hank the Grifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Linda Cardellini as Velma in the movies.
'Nuff said.

?utm_source=en.wikipedia.org&utm_campaign=parser&utm_content=thumbnail_unscaled
Lance Uppercut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I liked "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" as a kid.
Leto Agtreides II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's hilarious that "Shag gy" gets censored
TheDoctor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scooby was my first thing as a kid too! Still love it.

The New Scooby Doo Movies were also in the 70s and were an hour(?) and starred animated versions of celebrities to help solve cases - Batman and Robin make an appearance which maybe your kid would like. The Addams Family one is a classic.

The Scooby Doo Show was around that time too. Had Shag, Scoob, Daphne and (sigh) Scrappy (but only at times). It was okay.

The 90s animated films - Zombie Island and Witches Ghost specifically - are pretty top tier stuff. The monsters though are real and so they are a bit "scarier" - 9-10 year olds would be good with them. But they're high quality for kids animated fare. If they're good with 13 Ghosts then this is a great natural progression. Zombie Island is still my favorite bit of Scooby content.

Pup Named Scooby Doo was a 90s staple. Great stuff.

The Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated series on Netflix was the best of the "revival" series. Each episode and season loosely connects with each other. They play up the romances along the team, FYI. Nothing overly graphic or over the line but something to be aware of. The stories were very well done and the animation was really cool.

Was never a fan of the Gunn live action films. They parodied Scooby, did not adapt it. I'm still waiting for a true film adaptation.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My favorite cartoon as a kid. Remember coming home, doing so farm chores and then going inside to see Scooby Doo and Johnny Quest on the tv
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

I liked "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" as a kid.


I loved this as well
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kid got super into Scooby Doo after staying at a airbnb and watching it on Tubi or something. Growing up, I always watched the originally and really liked a Pup Named Scooby Doo.

But we found Mystery Incorporated and I think it's actually the best of the bunch.
Flatlander
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All my kids love Scooby Doo as well and have watched many of the iterations. I'll second the responses on Mystery Incorporated. Outside of the orginal 70s series, Mystery Incorporated is the best.
Hub `93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I remember is that Scrappy was the absolute worst.
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hub `93 said:

All I remember is that Scrappy was the absolute worst.

From a fellow member of the class of '93, I agree.
Dekker_Lentz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a Scooby-Doo/Batman Brave and the Bold crossover movie that is pretty fun that my kids liked and a pretty kid friendly way to introduce Batman.


SgtBarbarossa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't forget the Supernatural episode where they meet Scooby

Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I used to come home from pre-school and sit on a card table to watch Gilligan's Island followed by Scooby-doo. Not sure why I remember that so vividly, particularly the card table.
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We watched Zombie Island on Sunday and its still very good! I remember when it came out - seemed like a huge deal to younger me.

The movie holds up well and it also reminded me how much I miss that 90s animation - before everything became over saturated and CG slop.

Haven't seen Witch's Ghost … wishlisted.

I gotta reiterate how good the 13 Ghosts of Scooby doo is. I recently learned a 2019 movie came out and actually wrapped that series up. Looking forward to watching.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.