***Pressure*** with Brendan Fraser, Andrew Scott

615 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by mslags97
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also Kerry Condon and Damian Lewis,

Very very good movie, thoroughly enjoyable. It is a story about a component of the DDay invasion most people don't think too much about, the weather forecast.

Brendan Fraser plays Gen Eisenhower, Andrew Scott plays the Chief Meterologist, Kerry Condon is Eisenhower's "driver" and rumored lover, and Damian Lewis plays Gen Bernard Montgomery.

This is definitely not a war movie, although there are some war scenes towards the end during the actual invasion, and more a look at the imprecise science of weather forecasts and how it could have spelled doom for the entire Allies in WW2.

Essentially the British Chief Meteorologist and American Meterologist have conflicting forecasts for the DDay invasion which high command is absolutely adamant has to be done on June 5. The American says it should be excellent weather, the Brit that it'll be a gigantic storm while will stop any air or naval support and will stop the landing crafts from being able to land.

The acting is superb, there's no nudity, very little cursing, I think it would be great for teens.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I literally just finished watching this. Yes, it is a very good movie that tells a side of the D-Day story that few people ever mention. It didn't beat around the bush with unnecessary subplots, romance, or other fluff. I really appreciated that aspect of the movie.

I certainly recommend this to anyone with any interest in WWII. And it's perfectly fine for younger viewers.

My only qualm with it was Brendan Frasier didn't really resemble Eisenhower outside of the balding head. But once I got past that, I thought he did a good job.
mslags97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loved this movie. Acting is great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.