For Fun - Wokeness in Entertainment [Staff Edit- 6/24/24]

10,464 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Wolfpac 08
El Gallo Blanco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[This thread is about the entertainment industry and any poster that derails this thread will get banned. Posters will also be respectful and any poster that insults other posters will recieve a long ban. This is going to be a thread that is strictly moderated and if you are banned for not paying attention the warnings do not waste time sending an email asking to be reinstated early. There is your warning. -Staff]

I know there are quite a few on here who like super progressive ideology bleeding into their entertainment and get very defensive of it, and offended when others aren't fans of it like they are.

So I decided to start a thread for those who keep an eye on this type of stuff and the fanboys of woke can steer clear of this thread if it bothers them. But hopefully this can be a place to aggregate such discussions and examples and keep them from crossing over into movie/show-specific threads.

I've got two contributions. One kind of serious, because it is straight up racist and reflects hiring practices by a major corporation that could affect your children (if they are of a certain race or gender). The other one is so absurd it's hilarious...

For this funny one...I present to you the absolute greatest acting job of all time. Imagine how difficult it would be to deliver such insanely absurd lines with a straight face...without breaking character. Who is this acting genius?

[No personal attacks on other posters will be allowed on this threads but opinions about the entertainment industry will be allowed. -Staff]

[The subject of this thread is in the title and if a poster does not like the discussion they do not have to open the thread. -Staff]
G.I.Bro
I kinda want to buy a star to access the laughing/crying emoticon for that scene from new Amsterdam. HFS
El Gallo Blanco
G.I.Bro said:

I kinda want to buy a star to access the laughing/crying emoticon for that scene from new Amsterdam. HFS
It's so incredible, it would almost be over-the-top ridiculous as a satirical skit designed specifically to make fun of such absudity.

Cliff.Booth
This thread is going to be frontally assaulted by the wokeism isn't real gaslighting brigade and then napalm struck off of the board by mods. Better luck in the politics board.
El Gallo Blanco
Cliff.Booth said:

This thread is going to be frontally assaulted by the wokeism isn't real gaslighting brigade and then napalm struck off of the board by mods. Better luck in the politics board.
Possibly...there are some "woke-deniers" out there who insist that we are crazy and that none of this is happening, but hopefully some of the material on this thread influences them to be a bit more open minded.

Regardless, this is very "Entertainment" related imo.
Cliff.Booth
It always is, it's literally the driving force behind the content and interwoven into the story and dialogue, nevertheless threads like these don't last long.
jokershady
AG
so......this tv show is making a serious point that racism causes cancer?

jokershady
AG
Also....check out some of the clips from the most recent season of Dr Who....that'll be a gold mine....
AggieOO
El Gallo Blanco said:

Cliff.Booth said:

Possibly...there are some "woke-deniers" out there who insist that we are crazy and that none of this is happening, but hopefully some of the material on this thread influences them to be a bit more open minded.

i'm not saying that some of this doesn't stuff exist. I believe it absolutely does, but nowhere near the scale you F16 people believe. But its absolutely hilarious to see the anti-woke/F16 crowd asking people to be more open-minded.
MSFC Aggie
AG
I've gotten to the point I don't watch anything that was made before 2000 anymore

Edit: Ugh....meant to say AFTER 2000
Wolfpac 08
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

G.I.Bro said:

It's so incredible, it would almost be over-the-top ridiculous as a satirical skit designed specifically to make fun of such absudity.

My wife and I were looking for a new show to watch and landed on New Amsterdam. Throughout the entirety of the first season, every episode had a slight woke agenda, but it was never so bad that you couldn't ignore it and the show was entertaining enough.

Until that clip.

It's early in season two and when he delivered the line I picked up the remote and turned off the show. I have no idea what was said after that, bc it was a full stop.

Think what you want, have whatever political beliefs you want, but that was too much for me.
"DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THE WOLFPACK...OR YOU MIGHT WIND UP IN A BODY BAG!!!"
Logos Stick
The Amsterdam scene is probably the most ridiculous woke I've ever seen.

Problem is, libs will now take it as truth. Watch.
Al Bula
AG
This thread is like the South Park of the Entertainment board.

jokershady
AG
Put in another thread about it! Make it lame and gay!
tysker
AG
Remember, when its said we are in a golden age of TV, they often turn a blind eye to the dopiness of prime time TV.

When you watch many of these shows and the scenes like the one above from New Amsterdam, you clearly see why writers are afraid of AI
agdoc2001
AG
Don't notice things! Just consume media.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mayor West
AG
Live action How to Train You Dragon casting…

https://thedirect.com/article/how-to-train-your-dragon-live-action-cast-movie-actors-characters-appear

StinkyPinky
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

G.I.Bro said:

Are you sure that isn't a Saturday Night Live skit? wow
jokershady
AG
Thanks for the update on the OP veryfuller!
Rocagnante
AG
Cancer caused by racism definitely feels like something South Park would run with…

Rex Racer
AG
AggieOO said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Cliff.Booth said:

i'm not saying that some of this doesn't stuff exist. I believe it absolutely does, but nowhere near the scale you F16 people believe. But its absolutely hilarious to see the anti-woke/F16 crowd asking people to be more open-minded.
Watch the procedural tv show, "Alert: Missing Persons Unit", and then tell me it doesn't exist to the scale F16 people believe.

The show features a police officer who uses voodoo (numerous episodes in season one using eggs in different ways) and talks about past lives routinely.

In season two, they added a police woman in a wheelchair, but all she does is have one line saying, "So and so is on the phone" or "so and so is waiting in the interview room", etc. Literally ONE LINE per episode. Then she turns around and wheels away.

In the finale of season two, two of the lead characters get married, and as soon as the groom kisses the bride, he says he needs to make an announcement, at which time he whips out his cell phone, starts playing a pop song, and a drag queen we have never seen before comes bursting in singing, and they all start dancing. There was absolutely NO lead up to it in the story. Just completely out of the blue.

Oh, and there's a trans-man (born a woman) with a beard who wants to date a woman, but he can't get up (no pun intended) the courage to tell her that he's trans. When he finally does, she just plants a big ol' kiss on him like it's ridiculous he was worried about that bothering her.
AggieOO
Rex Racer said:

AggieOO said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Cliff.Booth said:

Watch the procedural tv show, "Alert: Missing Persons Unit", and then tell me it doesn't exist to the scale F16 people believe.

The show features a police officer who uses voodoo (numerous episodes in season one using eggs in different ways) and talks about past lives routinely.

In season two, they added a police woman in a wheelchair, but all she does is have one line saying, "So and so is on the phone" or "so and so is waiting in the interview room", etc. Literally ONE LINE per episode. Then she turns around and wheels away.

In the finale of season two, two of the lead characters get married, and as soon as the groom kisses the bride, he says he needs to make an announcement, at which time he whips out his cell phone, starts playing a pop song, and a drag queen comes bursting in singing, and they all start dancing. There was absolutely NO lead up to it in the story. Just completely out of the blue.

hey, watch this one show. it is completely representative of everything the world.

solid argument.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Rex Racer said:

AggieOO said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Cliff.Booth said:

In the finale of season two, two of the lead characters get married, and as soon as the groom kisses the bride, he says he needs to make an announcement, at which time he whips out his cell phone, starts playing a pop song, and a drag queen comes bursting in singing, and they all start dancing. There was absolutely NO lead up to it in the story. Just completely out of the blue.

I recommend checking out Lonestar: 911. The first episode has Rob Lowe and his gay son get sent from NY to the Austin Fire Department because of the AFD chief being too racist previously, and a bunch of the previous fire fighters had died in a fertilizer factory explosion. His new star firefighter ends up being a something like a trans Muslim woman (she might have just been a lesbian, I can't completely remember). One of the other big storylines was the interracial marriage with the white fire fighter who was the one survivor from the factory explosion. He had lost all of his old friends and comrades, but he didn't understand how hard a time his wife was going through as a person of color.

That's episode 1.
LMCane
even though black females make up less than 7% of the country, in every Hollywood movie or TV show they are the Senior Captain of the Police, the Mayor, the District Attorney, or the Judge. Look at the numbers below, and these are FEDERAL JUDGES. the rates are much lower for state and county courts.

"What percentage of U.S. judges are black?

11.5%

As a result, the percentage of Black judges on the federal bench rose from 9.5% in 2020 to 11.5% as of Oct. 1, 2023. Overall, 163 federal judges identified as Black and another 10 identified as partially Black. The first African American federal judge took office in 1945."
The Porkchop Express
Why do you guys sit through these awful shows? When I watch a show and it sucks, I turn it off immediately. Don't you have anything better to do?
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
I don't watch broadcast television, period. But "woke" broadcast television is a whole other level of "hell no." Sometimes I think people watch this crap solely to be able to b*tch about it on the internet/TexAgs, because it's the only way they know how to express or define themselves.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I view my above post like watching The Room. This may not be satire to the people in the production, but it's definitely satire to me.
Rex Racer
AG
AggieOO said:

Rex Racer said:

AggieOO said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Cliff.Booth said:

hey, watch this one show. it is completely representative of everything the world.

solid argument.
There are other examples. This is just one more.

Most are not quite as woke-filled as this one, though. I'll give you that. But it's everywhere.

"Found" is another procedural that isn't quite as bad as "Alert", but it's still there. They have several episodes where the missing person is a minority, and the main star of the show makes a comment about how "people like so and so aren't cared about", or "this is one so and so we're not going to just ignore", etc.

You have a whole thread here with examples. I shouldn't have to give every single one.
Al Bula
AG
Mayor West said:

Live action How to Train You Dragon casting…

https://thedirect.com/article/how-to-train-your-dragon-live-action-cast-movie-actors-characters-appear

But why?! The animated movie is about as good as you're gonna find in modern family animated cinema.

A live action remake is absolutely unnecessary.

But so were the Disney live action films that were originally animated.
Rex Racer
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Why do you guys sit through these awful shows? When I watch a show and it sucks, I turn it off immediately. Don't you have anything better to do?
Sometimes I enjoy a show and can overlook it, but for shows like "Alert", I finally just removed it from my virtual DVR.
AggieOO
Rex Racer said:

AggieOO said:

Rex Racer said:

AggieOO said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Cliff.Booth said:

solid argument.

Most are not quite as woke-filled as this one, though. I'll give you that. But it's everywhere.

"Found" is another procedural that isn't quite as bad as "Alert", but it's still there. They have several episodes where the missing person is a minority, and the main star of the show makes a comment about how "people like so and so aren't cared about", or "this is one so and so we're not going to just ignore", etc.

You have a whole thread here with examples. I shouldn't have to give every single one.
you came to the table with an argument telling me to watch one show to prove the point. you can come back and point elsewhere now, but that wasn't what your showed up with.
Rex Racer
AG
AggieOO said:

Rex Racer said:

AggieOO said:

Rex Racer said:

AggieOO said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Cliff.Booth said:

solid argument.

you came to the table with an argument telling me to watch one show to prove the point. you can come back and point elsewhere now, but that wasn't what your showed up with.
Just adding two more examples to the thread. You're free to ignore them if you wish.
AggieOO
we can stop the back and forth b/c you are either purposely ignoring or missing the point. have a good one.
Rudyjax
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Rex Racer said:

AggieOO said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Cliff.Booth said:

I recommend checking out Lonestar: 911. The first episode has Rob Lowe and his gay son get sent from NY to the Austin Fire Department because of the AFD chief being too racist previously, and a bunch of the previous fire fighters had died in a fertilizer factory explosion. His new star firefighter ends up being a something like a trans Muslim woman (she might have just been a lesbian, I can't completely remember). One of the other big storylines was the interracial marriage with the white fire fighter who was the one survivor from the factory explosion. He had lost all of his old friends and comrades, but he didn't understand how hard a time his wife was going through as a person of color.

That's episode 1.
You got it wrong. The muslim is not trans, it's the black guy that is trans.

veryfuller
Staff
AG
LOL I don't moderate, just participate.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.