Celebrating the release of RAD!

1,420 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by usmcbrooks
AgTrip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got my tickets for tonight's showing. I think it's sold out even!

In celebration of "Rad Day" - the day of its original release in 1986 - "Rad," the BMX racing film, crashes into movie theaters nationwide for a one-night special screening on Thursday, March 21 at 7:00 p.m. local time, courtesy of Fathom Events and Utopia. Recently remastered in 4K, this cult classic film stars Bill Allen (Cru Jones), Lori Loughlin (Christian Hollings), Talia Shire (Mrs. Jones), Jack Weston (Duke Best), and Ray Walston (Burton Timmer), and 1984 Olympic gymnastics champion Bart Connor (Bart Taylor).

Sazerac
AG
Dang why didn't I know about this!
AgTrip
The last time I saw it, the whole movie was on youtube but this will be on the big screen in 4k!
CheeseSndwch
Just pretend you're in the lumber yard…
htownag99
AG
Man, would love to see this in 4K and Dolby Atmos! Hope this makes it to streaming. This is one of the few VHS tapes I literally wore out by watching over and over.
AgTrip
This was so fun last night. The theater was packed and it was a fun audience. I saw quite a few dads with groups of boys viewing. The dads were sitting in the back and the boys were all in a row together in front cheering, an awesome Passing of the torch! The candy distribution line from the dads to all those boys was quite funny. It was a great night!

Now to go find my shirt!

Another Doug
AG
If the 80's taught me anything its that if you are a famous BMXer and you crash another high schools prom and start bike dancing, some day you will end up in federal prison.

Satellite of Love
I wish we could get a wider 4K release. Vinegar Syndrome did a limited release a few years ago. the secondary market is outrageous for the disc.
bam02
AG
Lori Laughlin
512Ag
AG
AgTrip said:

Now to go find my shirt!

I got you.
https://www.80stees.com/a/search?q=Rad
agdoc2001
AG
Wake me when they re-release Gleaming the Cube
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fig96
AG
htownag99 said:

Man, would love to see this in 4K and Dolby Atmos! Hope this makes it to streaming. This is one of the few VHS tapes I literally wore out by watching over and over.
Has been available to purchase on digital for a while, bought it last year when it came out. Not sure it quite holds up but the nostalgia vibes are there for sure.

(It shows me a very discounted price for rent and buy on Amazon Prime but don't know if that's a promo or a credit.)
jwag
AG
https://www.amazon.com/Movie-Collection-Gleaming-Christian-Slater/dp/B08XYBF7D8

This doesn't do anything for you? Sorry, for agdoc
usmcbrooks
agdoc2001 said:

Wake me when they re-release Gleaming the Cube
Loved that movie

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.