Blazing Saddles turns 50

2,020 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by PatAg
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blazing Saddles at 50: the button-pushing spoof that could never get made today

Hopefully not too political for the Eboard but I've always thought Mel Brooks had the right mindset regarding racism, it's an absurdity that should be relentlessly made fun of. Just the thought that it could not be made today says more about American society today than the actual movie. That being said...

Including one that's A&M related.
agdoc2001
AG
To celebrate, Max has added a trigger warning to the film.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DrEvazanPhD
Blazing Saddles and Airplane are the best spoofs ever made. They're so good that they've completely surpassed any movies they spoofed.
Andrew Dufresne
[Nobody cares. Don't troll this board or you will get banned. -Staff]
lurker76
DrEvazanPhD said:

Blazing Saddles and Airplane are the best spoofs ever made. They're so good that they've completely surpassed any movies they spoofed.
Young Frankenstein trumps both of them as a spoof. If not the best, it is in the top 3 of comedies of all time. Of course, this is just my opinion.
hunter2012
AG
A little ironic since I'm a millennial. Can't deny that it is definitely a classic.
DG-Ag
AG
lurker76 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Young Frankenstein trumps both of them as a spoof. If not the best, it is in the top 3 of comedies of all time. Of course, this is just my opinion.
While I love the other two I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment!
You're from down South,
And when you open your mouth,
You always seem to put your foot there.
rednecked
AG
DG-Ag said:

lurker76 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

While I love the other two I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment!
have a bunch of friends over and watch these three movies in a row. It'll be a night no one will ever forget!
Quad Dog
AG
In December Young Frankensteinalso turns 50. What a great year for Mel Brooks.
Southlake
Amazing the Mel Brooks recorded his best farts for a year and then used them during the bean eating scene in the movie.

The jokes on the audience as he farts away in their direction.
NoahAg
I don't get why people say it couldn't be made today. It's great satire which should be obvious to anyone. If shows like Southpark can still air there's nothing to say Blazing Saddles couldn't be released.
Know Your Enemy
AG
NoahAg said:

I don't get why people say it couldn't be made today. It's great satire which should be obvious to anyone. If shows like Southpark can still air there's nothing to say Blazing Saddles couldn't be released.

It's a rallying cry for the poor anti-wokies.
wessimo
AG
Velvet Jones
AG
Johnny Park!
This chart was really interesting to me, until it became utterly depressing.
sburg2007
39 year old Millennial and I grew up with all of Mel brooks' movies. This is my favorite. "Camp town lady" scene is amazing .
GoAgs92
AG
Fortunately Ms. Stein stays 30.
PatAg
AG
capitalizing boomers is a big indicator you are also old
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.