Thread to talk about Sound of Freedom

1,876 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Robert L. Peters
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can we keep this one limited to subject matter of the film? No I am not AstroTurfing the movie. At least not until I receive my royalties.

I thought it was well acted, great script and amazing cinematography. Not really a slow point. A lot of tough parts though.

I hear they are making sequel.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Saxsoon
AG
Probably will check it out this weekend
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
taxpreparer
AG
I just watched the trailer and do not think I can watch the movie. It looks well done, and tackles an important subject, but I do not think I am emotionally equipped to handle it.
ExtremeRush
AG
Just got out of it and I thought it was really well done.

Glad to see it getting good reviews. Hope it brings more attention to this crisis of an issue.
Gigem314
AG
I couldn't help but notice from the previews that Kurt Fuller is also in this film. Quite a different role from his beloved 'Woody' from Psych.

v
Raiderjay
Saw it last night, theater 80% full.

It was just a well done story, better than I expected actually, hard to watch sometimes because of the horrible ugliness of sex trafficking of children but I think it does a good job bringing the issue to light without getting political.
Velvet Jones
AG
We were going to see it tomorrow but our local is sold out. Sunday morning it is. I'll follow up with comments after.

Have a great weekend folks!
Saxsoon
AG
*********this film was hard to watch. I choked back tears more times than I could count.

Theater was basically packed out.

There was nothing political or religious in this film. No QAnon, no conspiracy. This was clearly originally going to be distributed by Fox until it got shelved in the acquistion. At best the most religious line was that God's Children are Not for Sale and when he arrested a pedophile he threw the bible verse about causing little ones to stumble and better to have a millstone around their neck and thrown in the ocean.

Caviezel bounced between this no nonsense gruff cop, to a charismatic fop when trying to catch a mark. Then there was the scene where he emotionally breaks down in front of his superior at the toll this job has done to him. Catching over 200 pedos and not really saving any children directly. It was a lot more range than I expected from him honestly having not seen him on screen since I was a child in Passion.

This film is going to stick with me and haunt me for awhile. The former cartel member who turned to a life of freeing children from sex trafficking as played by Bill Camp had a particularly shocking story for his heel turn.

There is a middle scene in the film as they attempt to lure several prominent traffickers to an island for an exclusive members club that turned into a raid saving a crap ton of children. They showed scenes at the end from the actual island raid and damn.
NTAS
I thought the way they presented the really bad stuff just by showing the actors face while he was viewing the material was very well done. To see the pain on his face told you how bad it was, sparing the audience having to see it themselves.

Incredible movie IMO.
Saxsoon
AG
The single tear as he watches the video was heart wrenching
hunter2012
AG
Just got out and thought it was excellent. This is one of those movies that it's sad/infuriating that the closer to truth than fiction the story is. They did a great job not exposing the horrors of that trade while still showing the effects of it.

It really appears that on an international scale that slavery is growing and as lucrative as ever. I pray that this movie and people acting can move against it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just got out of a packed 3 pm showing.

I'm glad I watched that. Hard to watch at times of course, but a very good movie.

Honestly I was surprised at how apolitical it was. Outside of maybe the "white savior" trope (which is most movies anyway), there's nothing remotely controversial in there. I hope everyone can block out all the noise around the movie and just see it for themselves.

And in any case, it's clear the word has gotten out.

Recommended for everyone regardless of political or religious persuasion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.